#1 Vhaldez

Vhaldez

The World Guardian

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  Peace in Balance

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:38 AM

Post all your compliments here!

I'd like to thank Mentalmeisters for all the hard work they put into MO, 3.0 is turning out to be a huge success and I'm sure they're as happy as I am to see their hard work pay off.

Furthermore, thanks for all the awesome stolen tech, and the ability to steal your opponent's MCV. That's so cool!

I'll probably add some more compliments later, butfor now feel free to post your own. 

bannerfans_16571832.png

#2 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:58 AM

Nice thread.  But yea, about time this thing was released.  I expect to hear only good things of it.  I kind of wish I still had my Red Alert floppy disks again so I could test it out.

#3 Zenothist

Zenothist

Former Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 1,727 posts
  •  Each post handcrafted for the discerning reader.

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:04 AM

I don't recall Red Alert 2 being distributed on floppy discs. Or is that just youthful ignorance? :p

#4 Vhaldez

Vhaldez

The World Guardian

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  Peace in Balance

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:35 PM

Here's a new one!

Thanks for making such an awesome soundtrack! I was getting tired of Drok!

bannerfans_16571832.png

#5 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:10 PM

Thank you for being the role model of modding for me in the past 5 years I've been following this. You basically inspired my latest modding project (or really, almost all of them), for the FPS game "Serious Sam HD", which is all about extending the main campaign, the story and the lore of the game in a similar format to MO. (Though only focusing on Singleplayer, as I'm not into competitive games.)

The quality of this mod and the dedication of the team is just astounding. I hope y'all will continue this same quality of work on a more commercial level (after this project is done).

I also love the "Yuri" voice in the campaign (at least the one I heard in the second soviet mission), it's really spot on! I first thought it was inserted from the original game.

My only real complaint is that I kinda hoped that the original FMVs would be used in this mod, seeing that many of the new missions are the old ones redone to be different. Or maybe even new CGI videos, showing some of the units in action, like in RA1. (Though, I really missed those from RA2 too.)

Edited by Solais, 02 December 2013 - 05:13 PM.

#6 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach

Supérior Caliburwielder

• Project Team
  • 2,187 posts
  • Projects:Infinty Engine modding, OpenHV, Attacque Supérior (sometimes)
  •  That guy you keep hearing the stories about.

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:25 PM

I don't recall Red Alert 2 being distributed on floppy discs. Or is that just youthful ignorance? :p

Zenothist, meet the legend of Revora, Pasidon. That post was 200% faithful of Pasidon.

kuuHd4s.png6pDXsCS.png
n0J1wqE.pngIX8pBXZ.png

AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2

ComradeCrimson: AS is the product of Hungarian acid
ComradeCrimson: And magical hussars
Dutchygamer: and Weird Al.

#7 Acceleratio

Acceleratio
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:39 PM

I absolutely LOVE this mod. Its quite impressive how much time dedicated fans spend to give those games of the old days some new shine :D

#8 zocker4ever

zocker4ever
  • Members
  • 57 posts
  • Projects:One Vision, Reasonable Revenge

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:41 PM

I congratulate for making a truely awesome and imo balanced yuri army. In MO 2.0 I had the impression that you aimed for a balanced Epsilon army by making it more like the allies / soviets.

And while I do miss my favourite tanks from 2.0 (Kaamos Cannon), I found much pleasure in playing Psi Corps. All the new buildings are really very well done and have quite a wicked look. Libra is just great and all the unique units are really fun to use. At the start I was rather disappointed, but now that I found the right faction (speed and attack fu** yeah, screw health), I have to say that you really did a grat yob ^_^

#9 Hecthor Doomhammer

Hecthor Doomhammer

Live Streamer

• Project Team
  • 1,282 posts
  • Projects:Livestreams
  •  C&C mods Livestreamer

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:17 PM

I think we can say, tho I might be mistaken: Marauder  sort of  = Kaamos nowadays, Both use a Railgun, both are amphibious, if not the same way

Streamer of Rise of the Reds, Mental Omega and other mods

xqbQD6S.jpg

#10 Vhaldez

Vhaldez

The World Guardian

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  Peace in Balance

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:00 AM

I think we can say, tho I might be mistaken: Marauder  sort of  = Kaamos nowadays, Both use a Railgun, both are amphibious, if not the same way

Though Marauders die SO fast. I often find myself "under attack" by several Marauders that then just get killed off by either 6-7 Conscripts, of my Miners' MG's... >.<

bannerfans_16571832.png

#11 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 08:58 PM

Epic mod is epic. Tough there is work to be done still, I never enjoyed RA2 this much before. The unique unit voicing, stolen tech, the whole bunch of new units, the decent-ish AI, and what makes the mod worth playing even by only itself: the epic music is all AWESOME.  :thumbsupcool:  Keep up the good work and don't you let the mod die!

Edited by Divine, 07 December 2013 - 08:59 PM.

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

#12 Atomic_Noodles

Atomic_Noodles

Colony Hivemind

• Project Team
  • 854 posts
  • Projects:Red Alert - Colony Wars
  •  Colony Wars Hive Mind

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:40 PM

[Insert Generic Compliments Here] Mental Omega Team... [More Compliments Here]... [Insert Smileys and shouting words of praise]

~ Getting cringe reactions when you see a RAINBOW means you have issues. ~

"This World is an Illussion,Exile" -High Templar Dominus

#13 lovalmidas

lovalmidas

Yunru Kanegawa. Go figure. Go mental.

• Project Team
  • 1,192 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega Almost Perfect Yunru's Revenge Version 3.0
  •  Why am I not in the Centurion?

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:48 PM

[Insert Generic Compliments Here] Mental Omega Team... [More Compliments Here]... [Insert Smileys and shouting words of praise]

Lemme try...

I really want to congratulate the mission designers of Mental Omega Team for making such painfully amazing missions and scenarios. I played through them and OMG, they are so challenging. It really brings out the emotions from me, and also ensures I will still be trying to beat it after a year. Keep it up Mentalmeisters! :D :D :D :D

I know I'm such a bastard right now. :p

30m70ag.png

Mental Omega on the web:
fbbutton.png ytbutton.png mdbutton.png dsbutton.png
IRC: #menthosogma (Rizon)

#14 Zenothist

Zenothist

Former Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 1,727 posts
  •  Each post handcrafted for the discerning reader.

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:57 PM

*Canned thank you response* Mental Omega. However, we *Weak attempt at humility*. Of course, the story of Mental Omega will end with a big finale where *Off-hand comment about poster's good looks*.

Edited by Zenothist, 09 December 2013 - 02:57 PM.

#15 Vhaldez

Vhaldez

The World Guardian

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  Peace in Balance

Posted 09 December 2013 - 03:41 PM

I do look good.

bannerfans_16571832.png

#16 zocker4ever

zocker4ever
  • Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 05:58 PM

Yeah that's true and that's basically the main reason why I started playing PC :p eventhough I prefer the Kaamos' voxel. It's epic, it needs to be in :[ *cry*

Though Marauders die SO fast. I often find myself "under attack" by several Marauders that then just get killed off by either 6-7 Conscripts, of my Miners' MG's... >.<

Well, learn to micro :p Marauder outranges basically all normal range vehicles and has superior speed, hit and run ... and repair with repair stingers :p

*Cross river and attack*

*retreat*

*let the repair stingers do their work*

Because of their speed you can quickly bring damaged Maraurders into the back rows of the attack force and they are almost instantly repaired. Recently I found the combination of Duneriders and Marauders to be extremely efficient.

Hovering meatshield anti infantry + Anti structure + stealth detection meets hovering super anti tank.

Now, we only need an amphibious anti air unit :p ... owait there is Libra and her clones ^_^

#17 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach

Supérior Caliburwielder

• Project Team
  • 2,187 posts
  • Projects:Infinty Engine modding, OpenHV, Attacque Supérior (sometimes)
  •  That guy you keep hearing the stories about.

Posted 09 December 2013 - 06:01 PM

Now, we only need an amphibious anti air unit :p ... owait there is Libra and her clones ^_^

There was such. And my first won in my MO 3.0 career was about that, spamming it along with Marauders... because it was even a ship! Observer, anyone?

kuuHd4s.png6pDXsCS.png
n0J1wqE.pngIX8pBXZ.png

AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2

ComradeCrimson: AS is the product of Hungarian acid
ComradeCrimson: And magical hussars
Dutchygamer: and Weird Al.

#18 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:33 PM

Marauder is designed for harassment and not for direct combat. It is the second fastest ground unit and it's weapon's range is pretty good and I don't have to tell the damage. It is lightly armored indeed, but they can evade before they are being shot.

There are amphibious anti-air units. :p Zubr and Voyager.

And Marauder =/= Kaamos, because Kaamos sucked. It was sluggish and fragile, while Marauder is only fragile. :p

#19 zocker4ever

zocker4ever
  • Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:58 PM

There was such. And my first won in my MO 3.0 career was about that, spamming it along with Marauders... because it was even a ship! Observer, anyone?

Sounds cool, I demand a 3.0 scrapbook :o

There are amphibious anti-air units.  :p Zubr and Voyager.

And Marauder =/= Kaamos, because Kaamos sucked. It was sluggish and fragile, while Marauder is only fragile. :p

:p

Well, that's what you got "pseudo modding" for :p

But I fear I made plenty of offtopic / PsiCorp ontopic posts for now xD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users