Photo

And We Wonder Why White People Can't Dance?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:59 AM

Well as a white person with obvious European roots (mom was born in Germany as well as my brother) I do find that white people dance in very orderly and cooperative ways. They all have the repetitive actions over and over in many European styles. Let's take the polka for example:

While not linear these "other white" people still do the stereotypical dance.

And of course the Germans have the most violent, the slap dance. Gotta love those Germs...

And the French as well, look familiar? Fast Forward to minute 4:00

And well I won't embarrass the English with their dances. But let us go deeper, do only white people do strange stereotypical dances, well of course not.

So let us not forget Japanese traditional dance, once again all doing the same move at the same time.

So it's just not white people.

Let's take africans, A lot less coordinated but well they are africans... they can't even afford to have capital letters. ;)

So the point is why are we programmed around the world to dance in unison? I do understand the need for the "Ancient Dance." It's a mating ritual, sorta like the game SPORE.

Let us look deeper. Not only do we dance but we also loosen ourselves up. We drink alcohol. Anyone who says "I can't dance" figures out pretty soon a glass of vodka and you'll be dancing. Once you start dancing you begin to dance and make eyes with a mate. So now you've drank God's gift to humanity, danced the ancient dance there really is only one more thing left to do. Procreate!

These are not facts, just a simple mans observation of his short lifetime on this planet. You drink, you dance, and finally have sex. It doesn't matter what your sexual orientation is, it's still works the same way.

But of course there are always flaws in there with every step.

Let's take alcohol the first step in the mating process:

While it's called the drunk dance, this is not actually dancing. It doesn't lead to step two which is actually dancing while drunk. But there is the grey area, dancing while drunk, which rarely ever leads to step three; sex. Take this lad for example, is he dancing or running in place?

And then step three, drunk sex. Which sounded like a plan, you both get drunk and dance, than just when you think it's gonna happen your head starts spinning and it sounds like all these YouTube videos playing at once.

Just remember, even your grandparents (if they are alive) still dance together when no one is around while listening to Julio Iglesias or Frank Sinatra. 

Just for fun, let us not forget the wonderful advancement in the skills of dancing contributed by no other than the USA. It's called country line dancing. 

#2 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:34 AM

Insects get drunk when they cannot find a mate.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#3 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:52 AM

What's a white person?

I don't really understand dance.  I need to open up a few more monkey skulls to get an idea, I suppose. 

#4 Hostile

Hostile

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:59 AM

@Mike

Wow, I tried to find something to reply to on that one. Trying to tie what you said to the posting. I couldn't do it. You may have posted the most irrelevant posting to any of my articles EVER. But don't believe you've won yet. There is yet another; Pasidon. There might be a chance that it is possible that he might actually post something more irrelevant than yours.  At least your post mentioned drunk which vaguely was something I mentioned. So it might be a close argument. He's pretty GOOD at not being even SLIGHTLY relevant. 

Let the chips fall where they may, and may the best poster win...

Does anyone, who is on topic, actually have something to comment on my views?

#5 Hostile

Hostile

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:01 AM

Damn Pas posted before I was even able to reply...

What's a white person?

I don't really understand dance.  I need to open up a few more monkey skulls to get an idea, I suppose.

At first I thought he was clever, now I'm beginning to wonder if he is retarded and why is he here? What purpose does he serve? He is staff of a section that deals with a game that uses blocks to build stuff. REALLY?! Just in my posts alone I suggest something and his reply is 2+2=5 haha I'm Pas and you're supposed to get the joke! 

Well honestly I don't get the joke or him anymore. Yes I will talk about you Pas in 3rd person because you don't even make any sense at all. Goodbye and goodnight.

#6 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:15 AM

You won, coincidentally. 

#7 Radspakr Wolfbane

Radspakr Wolfbane

The John Farnham of modding

• Members
  • 7,722 posts
  • Projects:Comeback tour
  •  The Retired Beard

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:30 AM

Just in my posts alone I suggest something and his reply is 2+2=5 haha I'm Pas and you're supposed to get the joke! 

It's Pas you're not supposed to get the joke, you're supposed to smile and nod agreeingly as you edge away, it's a very special dance popular around here.

So what exactly is the point of this topic, it eludes me.

People get drunk, dance and have sex but not always?

White people dance more orderly than Africans?

Break dancing into the hearts of millions

#8 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:27 AM

I didn't even make a joke.  The elusive Pasidon always does a deeply philosophical dance.  One that staggers even the sternest of spectators.  And to be fair toots, I didn't go off-topic at all.  I just gave a short opinion on the main subject.  Dancing is as primitive as sin and I don't get it.  We should invest in the IPB Dry Dialogue filter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users