Just MK

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 1,604 posts
  • Projects:YR Argentina Webmaster
  •  Since April 2011
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:YR Argentina

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:03 AM

The problem with that attitude that it might work for specific people, but for the majority of the casuals won't, because, well, they are casuals, and most likely for a reason (like the lack of time to dedicate for a single, cruel game).

What I also found is that the missions sometimes are oddly specific, made for the map designer themselves, not for a wide variety of players with different tactics and playstyles.

Simply put: casuals don't want to practice or learn attack patterns and specific optional gameplay features, they want to beat the game with their own ingenuity, tactics and pace, rather than a set of actions that must be done precisely and perfectly. People do that as their job or in school, not for fun.

I think -at least- Easy should be heavily rebalanced for the casual player.

Imho you may have right in some missions like Unshakeable that forces all players to do things in a specific order, and seriously most of the missions I played were easy even on Normal - while I had problems with HTF or Unshakeable, they became much easier on easy.

Top things to do in the Unshakeable on every difficulty:

- Keep Morales/Wolfhounds/SCUDs alive, without them mission is a real pain. When you lose all of them, you can restart the mission.

- KEEP CLEAR SHOOTING LINE FOR MORALES, use him for calling airstrikes on buildings

- Don't capture KI building at the beginning, it is a waste of time

- Destroy hostile Allied barracks at start using SCUDs or Morales, you won't have additional problems with Rocketeers and Enforcers (medium). When you are near the stabilizer, destroy the closest War Factory, Airfield and Soviet barracks on south.

- Rush into the Seismic Stabilizer, use Morales and SCUDs to destroy any defensive buildings

- When timer starts, prepare yourself for a huge wave of Conscripts and other basic infantry (Morales + Dogs), Qilins, Halftracks, Demo Trucks and the worst part... Kirovs + Nuwas. Bunker your base, use Flak Cannons with Bunkers and a lot of Tesla Troopers with Flak Troopers. Use your Wolfhounds and Norio carefully!

- On Easy difficulty, Hijacker might be a precious way to steal one of the incoming Nuwas.

Edited by Martinoz, 18 December 2013 - 09:35 AM.

7fqd2Qz.png

#22 Martinoz

Martinoz

Just MK

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 1,604 posts
  •  Since April 2011

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:21 PM

Edited the third post on the first page with the following videos:

EPSILON 01 - PEACEKEEPER

EPSILON 09 - KILLING FIELDS

EPSILON 10 - FOCUS SHIFT

7fqd2Qz.png

#23 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,560 posts
  • Projects:Multiple projects at Croteam

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:37 PM

Alright, cool! Btw, I started using your videos as a guide for missions, it helped a little with Bad Apple (though the mission was okay difficulty wise, but I wouldn't say it's Medium just like "Heaven and Hell", that one I'd give a Very Hard), and probably will help a lot with the next mission (so little time to get the beacon) and probably the other hard ones. (Already looking at Soviet 05.)

#24 Martinoz

Martinoz

Just MK

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 1,604 posts
  •  Since April 2011

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:00 PM

Alright, cool! Btw, I started using your videos as a guide for missions, it helped a little with Bad Apple (though the mission was okay difficulty wise, but I wouldn't say it's Medium just like "Heaven and Hell", that one I'd give a Very Hard), and probably will help a lot with the next mission (so little time to get the beacon) and probably the other hard ones. (Already looking at Soviet 05.)

I insist that Bad Apple isn't a very hard mission - all you need is to make preparations before landing a go straight for the Beacon using the occupied buildings. Then it becomes very easy. As for Peace Treaty, use the units to knock out the incoming blue MCV on the south.

7fqd2Qz.png

#25 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,560 posts
  • Projects:Multiple projects at Croteam

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:36 PM

Oh wow, there's such a trick to that too? One of the MO2.0 missions had like that, the one about protecting the captured Epsilon units only to get invaded from all sides and then building a new base. In that one, it was possible to destroy the Epsilon MCV as it arrived and then it broke the mission. :p

#26 UprisingJC

UprisingJC
  • Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:49 AM

The problem with that attitude that it might work for specific people, but for the majority of the casuals won't, because, well, they are casuals, and most likely for a reason (like the lack of time to dedicate for a single, cruel game).

What I also found is that the missions sometimes are oddly specific, made for the map designer themselves, not for a wide variety of players with different tactics and playstyles.

Simply put: casuals don't want to practice or learn attack patterns and specific optional gameplay features, they want to beat the game with their own ingenuity, tactics and pace, rather than a set of actions that must be done precisely and perfectly. People do that as their job or in school, not for fun.

I think -at least- Easy should be heavily rebalanced for the casual player.

Imho you may have right in some missions like Unshakeable that forces all players to do things in a specific order, and seriously most of the missions I played were easy even on Normal - while I had problems with HTF or Unshakeable, they became much easier on easy.

Top things to do in the Unshakeable on every difficulty:

- Keep Morales/Wolfhounds/SCUDs alive, without them mission is a real pain. When you lose all of them, you can restart the mission.

- KEEP CLEAR SHOOTING LINE FOR MORALES, use him for calling airstrikes on buildings

- Don't capture KI building at the beginning, it is a waste of time

- Destroy hostile Allied barracks at start using SCUDs or Morales, you won't have additional problems with Rocketeers and Enforcers (medium). When you are near the stabilizer, destroy the closest War Factory, Airfield and Soviet barracks on south.

- Rush into the Seismic Stabilizer, use Morales and SCUDs to destroy any defensive buildings

- When timer starts, prepare yourself for a huge wave of Conscripts and other basic infantry (Morales + Dogs), Qilins, Halftracks, Demo Trucks and the worst part... Kirovs + Nuwas. Bunker your base, use Flak Cannons with Bunkers and a lot of Tesla Troopers with Flak Troopers. Use your Wolfhounds and Norio carefully!

- On Easy difficulty, Hijacker might be a precious way to steal one of the incoming Nuwas.

Hmm...something's weird

Isn't that Allied tech center blocked by 2 gates?

In 1:45 of this vid there's no gate...

#27 UprisingJC

UprisingJC
  • Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:28 AM

NVM...I later noticed what you had said...

#28 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,736 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega Almost Perfect Yuri's Revenge
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:16 AM

It's not blocked by gates on easy.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#29 UprisingJC

UprisingJC
  • Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:00 AM

Well...recently I've been busy on other works and I haven't cleared this stage.

However Martinoz I just found out that in this stage we attacked through the different paths again lol.

I made my way to the Seismic Stabilizer from the lower path where I have to first destroy the small outpost with a few turrets, pilboxes, prism towers and some other troops guarding there.

I hadn't thought of attacking from the upper path before watching your video, nice reference, but I think I may be trying the lower path again :D.

#30 UprisingJC

UprisingJC
  • Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:27 AM

I insist that Bad Apple isn't a very hard mission - all you need is to make preparations before landing a go straight for the Beacon using the occupied buildings. Then it becomes very easy. As for Peace Treaty, use the units to knock out the incoming blue MCV on the south.

Peace Treaty?

Amass flak troopers, engineers and halftracks around the phychic beacon and garrision the buildings around it. You need to watch them very often to see if they're almost destroyed. Wolfwounds are good for dealing with incoming enforcers.(they're annoying...)

You may also ambush the south base as Martinoz said, or just keep defending the beacon until the time runs out so that all the Allied units and structures will all be Soviet's.

Edited by UprisingJC, 20 December 2013 - 09:28 AM.

#31 Martinoz

Martinoz

Just MK

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 1,604 posts
  •  Since April 2011

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:13 PM

Oh wow, there's such a trick to that too? One of the MO2.0 missions had like that, the one about protecting the captured Epsilon units only to get invaded from all sides and then building a new base. In that one, it was possible to destroy the Epsilon MCV as it arrived and then it broke the mission. :p

Yes it is, the Peace Treaty is getting much easier if you destroy the dark blue MCV. Don't forget to put Pyro's around your base in groups of 3-4 because paradropped Enforcers are a real pain for you and your Tesla Plants. With Pyros and MCV destroyed, you have no worries at all - during the closed beta it was a much harder mission because of no autoheal for choppers.

Edited by Martinoz, 20 December 2013 - 12:14 PM.

7fqd2Qz.png

#32 Martinoz

Martinoz

Just MK

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 1,604 posts
  •  Since April 2011

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:23 AM

Uploaded new 3 videos within the third post 

EPSILON 03 - SCRAPYARD

EPSILON 04 - SHIPWRECK

EPSILON 06 - LANDLOCKED

All of these missions except Shipwreck are a real pain to control with chess elements.

For the scrapyard you must know how the AI will attack your oil derricks before you gain the 10000$ - when you control all 4 derricks, congratulations but the AI will send an engineer using the northern bridge. NEVER GO FOR THE EMBASSY FIRST, destroy the Allied base then go for the embassy - when Allied reinforcements arrive, protect your base and the derricks. Then the mission is easy.

For Landlocked, you must know the attack patterns used by the AI - there are 3 waves of attacks which you must repel:

- GI/GGI infantry paradrop

- 2 Humvee, 1 IFV, 1 Bulldog and tons of infantry when you destroy one of the Allied buildings

- Paradrop near the destroyed gates

Just at start go asap to occupy the only available building on south before Allies do so. When you manage to go by one of the available paths (northwest, center or southeast) don't even try to attack the Construction Yard because Allied base will be set on alarm and you might get crushed. Plague Splatters are a crap in this mission, to destroy Gun Turrets use Flak Troopers and Pyros. When path is cleared, send the Engineer to the CY but watch out for the Mirage Tank nearby.

Edited by Martinoz, 22 December 2013 - 08:23 AM.

7fqd2Qz.png

#33 Martinoz

Martinoz

Just MK

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 1,604 posts
  •  Since April 2011

Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:21 PM

Updated the third post with following videos

EPSILON 02 - ACCELERANT

EPSILON 05 - HUMAN SHIELD

EPSILON 08 - WARRANTY VOID

And for a Human Shield - mission lacks stealth detection units because Speeder forgot to place Tesla Troopers, so here are screenshots of the mines locations and this one hidden sniper.

qyr9.png

m5f5.png

dxit.png

86o6.png

20eq.png

16zk.png

Edited by Martinoz, 24 December 2013 - 04:23 PM.

7fqd2Qz.png

#34 UprisingJC

UprisingJC
  • Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 08:31 PM

Updated the third post with following videos

EPSILON 02 - ACCELERANT

EPSILON 05 - HUMAN SHIELD

EPSILON 08 - WARRANTY VOID

And for a Human Shield - mission lacks stealth detection units because Speeder forgot to place Tesla Troopers, so here are screenshots of the mines locations and this one hidden sniper.

qyr9.png

m5f5.png

dxit.png

86o6.png

20eq.png

16zk.png

Hmm...cool.

I didn't think of trying to control one of both snipers parachuted into the urban when clearing this stage.

I had waited until they both died lol. One died from triggering a mine, and the other got killed by one of the patrolling terror drones when moving towards my adepts.

#35 Martinoz

Martinoz

Just MK

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 1,604 posts
  •  Since April 2011

Posted 24 December 2013 - 08:39 PM

You can even control both of them, the Sniper A near gun turrets and that one near the hospital. It's possible for sure, just adepts need be secured by these Terror Drones or occupied soviet buildings because that hidden Sniper between the buildings will kill both of adepts. When you approach the hospital and Allies are paradropping both snipers, go strictly to the hospital and take control of sniper because it will fire on the soviet units first - the slow sniper's rate of fire will help you, in 100% you will take control of him. It makes mission much easier and faster in clearing the stage from dogs. Did it many times but forgot about hiding Adepts before that lone sniper gone wild :/

Edited by Martinoz, 24 December 2013 - 08:47 PM.

7fqd2Qz.png

#36 Martinoz

Martinoz

Just MK

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 1,604 posts
  •  Since April 2011

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:51 PM

f585.png

It is over at last... all 36 missions have been recorded, 3 of them on easy difficulty (HtF, Unshakeable, Singularity)

7fqd2Qz.png

#37 UprisingJC

UprisingJC
  • Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:01 PM

Martin, I've just seen you latest video about Epsilon 11th campaign.

Don't you need to destroy the specified allied structures by yourself?

I only saw you destroy the Chinese Airfields, Radars and the Iron curtain.

I was having some CO-OP missions with one of the subscribers who invited me to. 

#38 Martinoz

Martinoz

Just MK

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 1,604 posts
  •  Since April 2011

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:03 PM

I figured it out on normal that you don't have to do it - just airfield, radar and Iron Curtain. Then comes a huge force of the Chinese, you will mostly die if not prepared for escape.

7fqd2Qz.png

#39 UprisingJC

UprisingJC
  • Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:58 PM

Well I still made my way to the Allied airfield and destroyed it, but too bad I let my Psicorps trooper get spotted by the searchlight by mistake -_-...

I destroyed Chinese Airfield, Radar and Allied Airfields, and would continue to go for the tech center.

I have to do all of it again. :(

I hadn't notice that I also had a Malver in the Allied base until someone sent me the link of your video.

I made use of that Malver to help me reach the Allied base easier and faster.

#40 Martinoz

Martinoz

Just MK

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 1,604 posts
  •  Since April 2011

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:59 AM

The last 3 missions of the whole Act I which had to be recorded by me - Think Different, Singularity and Moonlight, all of them uploaded in the third post of mine.

EPSILON 07 - THINK DIFFERENT

EPSILON 11 - SINGULARITY

EPSILON 12 - MOONLIGHT

Difficulty spreadsheet for whole campaign

Edited by Martinoz, 29 December 2013 - 09:02 AM.

7fqd2Qz.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: allies, allied, video, youtube, yt, walkthrough, playthrough, faq, hd, longplay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users