The problem with that attitude that it might work for specific people, but for the majority of the casuals won't, because, well, they are casuals, and most likely for a reason (like the lack of time to dedicate for a single, cruel game).
What I also found is that the missions sometimes are oddly specific, made for the map designer themselves, not for a wide variety of players with different tactics and playstyles.
Simply put: casuals don't want to practice or learn attack patterns and specific optional gameplay features, they want to beat the game with their own ingenuity, tactics and pace, rather than a set of actions that must be done precisely and perfectly. People do that as their job or in school, not for fun.
I think -at least- Easy should be heavily rebalanced for the casual player.
Imho you may have right in some missions like Unshakeable that forces all players to do things in a specific order, and seriously most of the missions I played were easy even on Normal - while I had problems with HTF or Unshakeable, they became much easier on easy.
Top things to do in the Unshakeable on every difficulty:
- Keep Morales/Wolfhounds/SCUDs alive, without them mission is a real pain. When you lose all of them, you can restart the mission.
- KEEP CLEAR SHOOTING LINE FOR MORALES, use him for calling airstrikes on buildings
- Don't capture KI building at the beginning, it is a waste of time
- Destroy hostile Allied barracks at start using SCUDs or Morales, you won't have additional problems with Rocketeers and Enforcers (medium). When you are near the stabilizer, destroy the closest War Factory, Airfield and Soviet barracks on south.
- Rush into the Seismic Stabilizer, use Morales and SCUDs to destroy any defensive buildings
- When timer starts, prepare yourself for a huge wave of Conscripts and other basic infantry (Morales + Dogs), Qilins, Halftracks, Demo Trucks and the worst part... Kirovs + Nuwas. Bunker your base, use Flak Cannons with Bunkers and a lot of Tesla Troopers with Flak Troopers. Use your Wolfhounds and Norio carefully!
- On Easy difficulty, Hijacker might be a precious way to steal one of the incoming Nuwas.
Edited by Martinoz, 18 December 2013 - 09:35 AM.