• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Mister_Pants

Mister_Pants
  • Members
  • 55 posts
  •  Magical Legwear

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:23 AM

Ohai. For the sheer sake of curiosity... what is everybody's favourite unit? I'd make a poll, but the fact there's like 60+ units makes that a bit... vexing. :p Anywhore, I suppose I shall start things off by saying that the Plague Splatter is my favourite unit. Why you say? Why... I'll tell you why! It's design, as far as I can tell, is based on the Harkonnen Inkvine Catapult, from the 2001 smash hit: Emperor: Battle for Dune. Another reason is that the sound it makes when lobbing its canisters upon unsuspecting foes is oh so satisfying. Another favourite of mine is the Tyrant. Honestly this one kind of speaks for itself. I'm kind of surprised that the Tyrant itself doesn't run on its own maddening laughter, just because of how insane he already sounds. :p Now dear reader, what is your favourite unit from this mod?

*Points microphone to you. Yes, you!* 

(PS sorry for making this sound incredibly cheesy, i just couldn't help myself. Heehee. )

(PPS don't use Heroes in this thread, there's another thread for that )

(PPS I'm definitely not biased towards Scorpion Cell, you're crazy.)

#2 Black/Brunez

Black/Brunez

Title? What title?

• Project Team
  • 1,262 posts
  •  Mentalmeister - Random Annoying Guy

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:12 AM

My favorite, as I already said on a stream I think, is the Thor Gunship. I love this unit since the times it was simply armed with HMGs.

When it got the thunders (even considering that currently they are comming from nowhere :p ) and that badass voiceset it became like... 10x more awesome.

Edited by Black/Brunez, 21 December 2013 - 10:13 AM.

#3 X1Destroy

X1Destroy

title available

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:41 AM

"Protecting the land of the Free." Abrams.

Was my most favourite unit back then, and also now.

"Protecting the land of the Free."
efXH1rz.png

#4 lovalmidas

lovalmidas

Yunru Kanegawa. Go figure. Go mental.

• Project Team
  • 1,192 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega Almost Perfect Yunru's Revenge Version 3.0
  •  Why am I not in the Centurion?

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:00 PM

Yunru! (oh wait, can't use heroines)
Norio! (oh wait, not again...)
Then I'll go for the Wolfhound. Russia stronk.

30m70ag.png

Mental Omega on the web:
fbbutton.png ytbutton.png mdbutton.png dsbutton.png
IRC: #menthosogma (Rizon)

#5 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:13 PM

1: Libra. One (wo)man army. In infantry war, there is nothing so satisfying as watching her eliminate HUNDREDS of conscripts and flak troopers, as they are charging on her relentlessly. Take 9 clones with her, get them elited, find crates for them to upgrade firepower, armor, and speed. Then proceed to pwn the living shit out of almost anything that comes in their way.

2: Cyborg Prototype. Your "WTF is that infantry". He has a friggin nuke cannon omg.

3: Wolfhound. Sheer OPness.

4: Thor Gunship. Dat voice acting. PUNISH THOSE MORTALS!

5: Centurion. Realy funny in city maps where it can oneshot garisoned civilian buildings. Even more fun when loaded with 3 Cyborgs...

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

#6 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach

Supérior Caliburwielder

• Project Team
  • 2,187 posts
  • Projects:Infinty Engine modding, OpenHV, Attacque Supérior (sometimes)
  •  That guy you keep hearing the stories about.

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:50 PM

Mortar Quad. Should I explain why at all?

Tho Catastrophes are also awesome IMO.

kuuHd4s.png6pDXsCS.png
n0J1wqE.pngIX8pBXZ.png

AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2

ComradeCrimson: AS is the product of Hungarian acid
ComradeCrimson: And magical hussars
Dutchygamer: and Weird Al.

#7 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:41 PM

1. First that is why it has been suggested to remove heroes.

2. It is a stolen tech, it is much more efficient than normal units as you know. Don't get infiltrated as I have said.

3. Because you don't use many anti-air units. They can't take down several anti-air units quickly and eventually they will be dead.

5. Centurion is balanced as it is now. For "5b": Don't get infiltrated.

#8 Divine

Divine

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 03:01 PM

1. First that is why it has been suggested to remove heroes.

2. It is a stolen tech, it is much more efficient than normal units as you know. Don't get infiltrated as I have said.

3. Because you don't use many anti-air units. They can't take down several anti-air units quickly and eventually they will be dead.

5. Centurion is balanced as it is now. For "5b": Don't get infiltrated.

Sigh... I was just saying that they are my favorites...

1: I play against AI, a real player would use their own hero to take down Libra, and not spam t1 infantry against her

2: So what? still awesome. I did not whine about it, I just admired it's awesomeness.

3: Cool, tell this to the AI. Wolfhound is  actualy op if spammed from 6+ factories, but the AI does that only in Meteor Shower, and if you let a real player have that muc, you are screwed anyways. I like it for the same reason for why I like Libra: its ability to take on air and ground targets.

5: Cool. Once again, I did not whine about it, just admired its awesomeness. I know it has weak shit armor, and the gun is only good aganst buildings, but it's still one of my favorites. 

Edited by Divine, 21 December 2013 - 03:05 PM.

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron

#9 WhiteDragon25

WhiteDragon25
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 03:37 PM

My personal favorite is - and has been, and always will be - the Soviet Apocalypse Atomic/Assault Tank. Pity it is only a stolen tech unit now. I've always loved using that bloody thing - I used to try to rank up 4 Apoc Tanks to Heroic rank to mimic the Kremlin Black Guard, then use them to steamroll my hapless AI opponent. Ahh, good times.

I have a Moddb page, if anyone cares to check it out: linky.

I can also be found at the Spacebattles Forums: linky.

#10 NHunter

NHunter
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 03:55 PM

My personal favorite is - and has been, and always will be - the Soviet Apocalypse Atomic/Assault Tank. Pity it is only a stolen tech unit now. I've always loved using that bloody thing - I used to try to rank up 4 Apoc Tanks to Heroic rank to mimic the Kremlin Black Guard, then use them to steamroll my hapless AI opponent. Ahh, good times.

I preferred doing the same with 9 all the way back in vanilla YR. Add in your own Psichic Dominator cast on them to make them not mind controllable + Chronosphere to teleport them right into the middle of AIs base and it was pretty much screwed.

Anyhow, I agree that wolfhound is great, even if maybe too powerful for its price, unit... I actually don't like Libra as much as I like her clones: even a dozen of them is devastating when provided with minimal support to keep them from being pwned by some nasty unit that slips past their dart storm.  That, and those girls are far more easy to get along with than their original. "As long as we are useful..."

To be honest, though, I don't really have a single unit that I like the most. I do like combos, and since I favor the maps with large water bodies, my favorite 'couples' are: wolfhounds + kirovs, typhoons + dreadnaughts/akulas and pirannahs + reshephs. Somehow, I still don't really like aircraft cruisers for some reason...

#11 Divine

Divine

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 04:02 PM

I forgot about Irkalla... It's equaly awesome to play with it and against it.As soon as she appears on the battlefield, listening to this is mandatory.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=xtpcg8RUHhI

Edited by Divine, 21 December 2013 - 04:03 PM.

#12 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:16 PM

I was sad about the Apocalypse Tanks being stolen tech too. I loved their kind ever since I first met the Mammoth Tank in C&C when I was 6. It's kind of a shame that it was made to be so uncommon.

#13 Hecthor Doomhammer

Hecthor Doomhammer

Live Streamer

• Project Team
  • 1,282 posts
  • Projects:Livestreams
  •  C&C mods Livestreamer

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:32 PM

I've always had a special place for the Blizzard Tank, from 2.0 onwards. but now it also has AA support, I love it even more!

Streamer of Rise of the Reds, Mental Omega and other mods

xqbQD6S.jpg

#14 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:44 PM

Oh lol i forgot that it isn't the complain thread... xD My fault, so sorry. :D Me silly.

Well I have some favourite units

1.Irkalla, because her voiceset is so awesome :3

2.Nuwa, because I like it's design.

3.Gehenna because of the design.

4.Apoc bcause of the design. :D

#15 Traumaticid

Traumaticid
  • Members
  • 66 posts
  •  Mad Suggestor

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:24 PM

-Aircraft Carrier > Those SUVs dancing just awesome when several Carriers ordered to attack different targets at once... Not to mention even tho the SUVs are fragile, most of the time it should have dropped off their loads before they die.

-Wolfhound       > Anti-Armor Anti-Aircraft Anti-Infantry, capable to do Siege too.

-Mirage Tank    > Difficult to get detected by AIs. If only they have precision-strike... :(

-Thor Gunship  > I don't know but I just love units which use electricity... (I kinda want the lightning changed to be fired from the ship itself, and with more than one sparkling line (like tesla coils) but that would be too 'Russian'..)

-Voltmoltar        > New Year fireworks in sheer number.

Edited by Traumaticid, 21 December 2013 - 10:24 PM.

#16 LusiGoosi

LusiGoosi
  • Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:24 AM

I like the Rhino tank for the reason it looks much like the T34/85 one of my favorite tanks of all time. Also it is a good basic tank.

#17 Psionic Psychic

Psionic Psychic

yod vav resh

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Projects:Life
  •  Epsilon Scientist

Posted 22 December 2013 - 02:55 PM

For me, are the following:

1. Siege Cadre- Well if you want fast assault tactics, this is the perfect infantry for it. 

2. Tanya - She is one of the coolest heroes in MO! But it's sad that Rahn can instantly turn her in to a Brute.

3. Siegfried - *speechless about him*

4. Thor Gunship - An aircraft with a portable Lightning Storm Controller? HELL YEAH!

5. Volkov - *speechless again about him*

6. Yunru - She's the only heroine that has the weapon that anybody won't even imagine that it exist because it's too "overpowered".

7. Bomb Buggy - It's the best one from the Soviets for me because why need an Iron Curtain when it is super fast?

8. Wolfhound - A Kirov's best alternative.

9. Centurion - The everyone's favorite!

10. Dunerider - The best scout-and-attack unit you can use. Although it's an irony that they got harmed when they deploy :p.

11. Libra - *speechless again about her*

12. Reaper - Have less energy in your base? Use them as alternative defense!

13. Shadow Tank - Sneak Attacker of the Epsilon (The Allies have Mirage but I don't know if The Soviets have one)

14. Irkalla - All-in-one Flying Machine? What can you ask for?

15. Resheph - When your has enemy has this, YOU'RE F*CK*D.

ZAdGcaJ.jpg

#18 Admiral_Pit

Admiral_Pit
  • Project Team
  • 100 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 07:20 AM

I got some in no particular order.

1.  Tsivil - People who have known me (and played against/with me when I was Russia) long enough know that I just adore Tsivils. <3 <3

2.  Thor Gunship - I don't need to explain how badass this unit is.

3.  Wolfhound - Versatile and effective.

4.  SCUD Launcher - Who needs those weak V3s when you got this beautiful artillery that actually has nice armor?

5.  Stalin's Fist - Sneak in a Kirov into enemy bases?  Yes please!  It can also run over lesser vehicles if the enemy isn't careful.

6.  Basswave - Can't deny that amazing sounds it makes when it shoots.  It also reminds me of TS's Disruptor, which was my favorite unit in that game.

7.  Voltmortar - Perhaps my favorite stolen tech ever.  Stealthy stealth-detecting long-ranged and effective goodness.

8:  Opus Tank - Although I'm not an Epsilon player, this nice tank is almost like a Pseudo IFV by getting a 2nd cannon when you put certain infantry in it.  As an alternative, it can be a transport, too.

9.  Bomb Buggy - Tick tock, tick tock!  Such crazy drivers that bring in the BOOM (yet)!

10.  Qilin Tank - I love the design, and it really brings back the memories of one of my favorite RA1 units:  The Soviet Heavy Tank.

11.  Apocalypse - We all know how amazing this tank is.  Though it may be stolen tech now, they're still amazing and more effective against air and infantry than they used to be.  The design has also improved compared to the old one.

12. Stormchild - PEW PEW!

13.  Battle Fortress - I always felt it needed Rocket Launchers, and now it gots one, and looks better.

14.  Desolator/Eradicator - Powerful area control, and pretty good against non-robotic/structure stuff.  The latter is just stronger and better.

15.  Irkalla - I can't deny its awesomeness.

16.  Colossus - Versatile and cool looking tank that provides versatility.  It deploying also reminds me of the Starcraft Siege Tank, which was also one of my favorites.

17.  Rhino Tank - Probably my favorite basic tank.  It's just so basic, and can be paradropped.

Yep, that be a lot.

Edited by Admiral_Pit, 23 December 2013 - 07:31 AM.

"Knowledge is Power."  -Yunru

#19 Haxxan

Haxxan

What title?

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • Projects:None
  •  Mental Omega \m/

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:08 AM

Wolfhounds, cuz they're simply epic.

Voltmortar cuz Stealth+Tesla Cannon+Extreme Range.

mainbanner.jpg

Mental Omega 3.0 on the web: 

bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_ds.pngbt_right.png

#20 Seth

Seth
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 11:39 PM

You all know Engineers are the best...

Sweat muscled engineers... yeah heroines good luck trying to shot at them :>

On the other side I like Nuwa cannon, just because I like to be an ass and roll over an enemy base in seconds :v

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users