act 1 act 2

• Please log in to reply
349 replies to this topic

#1 Bobby-Wan Kenobi

Bobby-Wan Kenobi
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:45 PM

So, I have played most of the missions already and figured out the story a bit. So I want to ask you players what do you think Act II will be like storywise ? Interesting ideas and predictions ? 

PS: Mentalmeisters can just laugh at this or drop hints. Whatever.

I personally think, that since the campaigns happen at once, there will be no time travelling. And that the last mission will be same or similar for all sides. And that Yuri is gonna need some serious firepower or Psychic structures to po any threat, since all you did as Epsilon in campaign was carefully pulling strings and building an army. So, he isn't in a position to pose a threat military wise. But he could build Psychic Amplifier in China, similar to what it was in MO 2.0 and Mind control most of it.

What do you think ? Any interesting ideas ? Tell me, I am curious.

#2 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:58 PM

In the Epsilon camping of Act 1, Yuri drops several hints which suggest he is not as bad as we think he is.

Proselyte, welcome to the future. Yuri has plans for you and all his followers in PsiCorps, and we shall help make the world into something grand.

Proselyte.. I had a vision. A future that was peaceful, happy, and free. But I knew there would be sacrifices that had to be made along the way.

The thing about the mind, is that to my understanding, no one has researched its powers as much as I. Even I have learned along the way. While I have a gift, I found out everyone could do it, if they really knew how, its so easy too.

Either Yuri is just manipulating the "proselyte", and he is very good at it, or he actualy has good intentions, even if his ways of achieving his goals are flawed. Perhaps the Mental Omega device serves another purpose than mind controlling the whole world? Perhaps Yuri is planning to "make the word into something grand".

Edited by Divine, 22 December 2013 - 04:58 PM.

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

#3 X1Destroy

X1Destroy

title available

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:45 PM

I'm gonna predict that the Soviet would become victorious eventually, or the Allied will unexpectedly found a new invention or way to restore the balance. But not winning the war, at least not that soon.

As things happening now, it's dark for the Allied. Much darker than the original game, and I like it.

The Sino-Soviet conflict won't end with just Dragonstorm, I think there will be more big battles between China and Russia. It may possibly escalate into a full-scale war between the 2.

As for the Epsilon, I'm waiting to visit theirs fortress on the Moon again. Also, an Invasion of Antarctica will eventually happen, and may end in a disaster.

Edited by X1Destroy, 22 December 2013 - 05:49 PM.

"Protecting the land of the Free."
efXH1rz.png

#4 WhiteDragon25

WhiteDragon25
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:12 PM

In the Epsilon camping of Act 1, Yuri drops several hints which suggest he is not as bad as we think he is.

Proselyte, welcome to the future. Yuri has plans for you and all his followers in PsiCorps, and we shall help make the world into something grand.

Proselyte.. I had a vision. A future that was peaceful, happy, and free. But I knew there would be sacrifices that had to be made along the way.

The thing about the mind, is that to my understanding, no one has researched its powers as much as I. Even I have learned along the way. While I have a gift, I found out everyone could do it, if they really knew how, its so easy too.

Either Yuri is just manipulating the "proselyte", and he is very good at it, or he actualy has good intentions, even if his ways of achieving his goals are flawed. Perhaps the Mental Omega device serves another purpose than mind controlling the whole world? Perhaps Yuri is planning to "make the word into something grand".

The guy was friends with Stalin. His metric for "good intentions" are much different than mine or yours.

Obviously, his vision of "a future that was peaceful, happy, and free" is as follows: peaceful, because all now obey him alone; happy, because all of life's needs are met and all wants now simply revolve around him; and free, because they are now free from such silly concepts like 'self-determination', and can now serve him without question.

Yuri is gonna need some serious firepower or Psychic structures to pose any threat, since all you did as Epsilon in campaign was carefully pulling strings and building an army. So, he isn't in a position to pose a threat military wise. But he could build Psychic Amplifier in China, similar to what it was in MO 2.0 and Mind control most of it.

China would be too obvious, the incident with the Psychic Beacon would be still fresh in the minds of the Soviets and the Chinese, so they'll be watching for any more shenanigans of that type.

Better targets would be the Middle East, Southeast Asia, India, Africa, and the Balkans. Areas of massive discontent and little interest, regions that are not the main theaters of the war between the Allies and the Comintern. Yuri can easily build up a huge army from these regions with both a little diplomacy, a little realpolitik manipulation, and a lot of mind-control. Best of all, he can do it without attracting too much attention from either side, since they're too busy killing each other to notice the Third World countries doing their own thing... that is, Yuri's thing.

I have a Moddb page, if anyone cares to check it out: linky.

I can also be found at the Spacebattles Forums: linky.

#5 Divine

Divine

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:23 PM

The guy was friends with Stalin. His metric for "good intentions" are much different than mine or yours.

Obviously, his vision of "a future that was peaceful, happy, and free" is as follows: peaceful, because all now obey him alone; happy, because all of life's needs are met and all wants now simply revolve around him; and free, because they are now free from such silly concepts like 'self-determination', and can now serve him without question.

You might have a point there. Anyways, if Yuri turned out to be the "good guy" at the end, it would ruin the story as much as Kane's redemption ruined C&C 4.

But it wouldn't hurt if MO gave Yuri's intentions some reasoning other than "Imma mindkontrol da world cus I kan do it herpa derp".

Edited by Divine, 22 December 2013 - 09:44 PM.

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron

#6 Hecthor Doomhammer

Hecthor Doomhammer

Live Streamer

• Project Team
  • 1,282 posts
  • Projects:Livestreams
  •  C&C mods Livestreamer

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:39 PM

I knew it, The sacrifice is that every one will end up drunk every day, but the happy and peaceful future consists of FREE BEER FOR EVERYONE!

Streamer of Rise of the Reds, Mental Omega and other mods

xqbQD6S.jpg

#7 WhiteDragon25

WhiteDragon25
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:58 PM

You might have a point there. Anyways, if Yuri turned out to be the "good guy" at the end, it would ruin the story as much as Kane's redemption ruined C&C 4.

But it wouldn't hurt if MO gave Yuri's intentions some reasoning other than "Imma mindkontrol da world cus I kan do it herpa derp".

Every grandiose tinpot dictator has claims that they are serving "the greater good" or the "will of the people" or some bullshit like that; in the end, though, the real reason is usually just their own lust for power. Whether or not Yuri actually has some sort of ideologically-centered goal in mind is irrelevant when one considers that the means he uses to achieve said goal pretty much violate every single moral, ethical, and philosophical principle ever concieved.

"Utopia" rarely - if ever - justifies the means to get there. Same goes for both the Allies and the Soviets as well.

...Did we just get into a discussion about the motivations of a video game villain and whether or not they are well-intentioned?

Anyways, back to the actual discussion about Act II Predictions:

1) Things look bleak for the Allies right now: America has been conquered by the Russians and Confederation, the American populace is now willingly defecting to the Soviet cause out of feelings of betrayal by the EA/PF salvage attempt, the Pacific Front's ill-concieved alliance with China fell through and are now at war with them, and Europe's been steamrolled by the Red Army with only Great Britain left standing. The worst part, though, is the destruction of the SteinsTech Lab in Black Forest, along with their one ace-in-the-hole, the Chronosphere.

Priority one for the Allies is to restore morale by rebuilding the Chronosphere, their only hope against the Soviet Union. If we go by the original RA2, the best place to use the Chronosphere would be in the Florida Keys... which is a problem, as it is now under Soviet control, and is in range of Confederation-aligned Cuba.

2) On the Soviet end, they've pretty much won: the United States has been wiped off the map, Europe minus the UK is under their control, and the upstart Chinese have been put into their place. One problem, though - the traitor Yuri. The Soviets now realise that Yuri's been manipulating and sabotaging them since the beginning, and with the recent tech thefts (such as the Stalin's Fist fiasco, and the Lasher Tank heist), along with the Baikonur-Leninsk Cosmodrome complex having been ransacked, the Soviets are now going to be in deep trouble if they don't do something to find out what the hell the maniac's up to. If they do that though, they risk losing their momentum against the remaining Allies, which could lead to them making a comeback, forcing a war on two fronts (well, technically, more than that...).

Priority one for the Soviets is to crush the remaining Allied resistance as fast as possible, then once that's done is to track down Yuri and find out what he's hiding. They also need to keep a better eye on China to make sure they don't pull another stunt like the Kanagawa Industries mess. Oh, they also need to do another round of purges, Yuri's mind-control tricks probably left dozens of sleeper agents up-and-down the chain of command.

3) Yuri's plans, in the meantime, have unfolded pretty well: the Allies have mostly been swept out of the way, the Soviets and the Chinese are now at each other's throats, and he now has enough tech and recruits to begin his next phase. Of course, things have hit a few snags along the way - the Allies managed to do better than expected at curtailing the Psychic Beacon network in the US, and the Soviets have figured out his betrayal and will now be hunting him down like the dog he is. Yuri still hasn't built up his newfound army enough to counter either of them militarily, so he is screwed unless he does something about it.

Priority one for Yuri and his new Epsilon Empire is to delay his enemies as much as possible until they are ready to compete out in the open. This means three things: prevent the Allies from figuring out any more of his Psychic Technology; extend the war between the remaining Allies and the Soviets as long as possible to occupy each other's attention; and widen the rift between the Russians and the Chinese even further. In the meantime, Yuri's other projects - such as the work being done on Alcatraz Island - need to proceed faster; his Psychic Dominator network is his ace-in-the-hole, and if it's revealed too pre-maturely, his whole plan would be wrecked in an instant.

After all, the Soviets know about the PsiCorps project being carried out on Alcatraz Island, and so would be the first target for them to investigate...

#8 Mister_Pants

Mister_Pants
  • Members
  • 55 posts
  •  Magical Legwear

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:16 AM

I knew it, The sacrifice is that every one will end up drunk every day, but the happy and peaceful future consists of FREE BEER FOR EVERYONE!

Yuri's mind control methods aren't actually mind control. They just consist of a shit ton of alcohol and some smooth talking. :p

#9 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:43 AM

Actually, Kane's redemption is like the only thing I liked about the-game-that-shall-not-be-named. It's just the fact that the story soap opera leading to it is garbage. I really wanted to see a new Scrin Invasion, the Forgotten being their own faction, maybe even a CABAL faction like originally planned. Besides that, it was short, stupid and the gameplay itself was also garbage. May that game never be mentioned again.

Also I kinda agree about the intentions of Yuri. I mean, what the Allies and the Soviets want is okay, but then what Yuri wants? Take control of the world? Then what? What is the future of such a world? That's what interesting about the whole thing.

#10 lovalmidas

lovalmidas

Yunru Kanegawa. Go figure. Go mental.

• Project Team
  • 1,192 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega Almost Perfect Yunru's Revenge Version 3.0
  •  Why am I not in the Centurion?

Posted 23 December 2013 - 01:03 AM

I predict... everyone will die from the destruction and epicness that ensues. Except Yunru. Or Libra.

I do not know if it will come true, but some people just want to watch the world burn. <3

Edited by lovalmidas, 23 December 2013 - 03:56 AM.

30m70ag.png

Mental Omega on the web:
fbbutton.png ytbutton.png mdbutton.png dsbutton.png
IRC: #menthosogma (Rizon)

#11 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 01:14 AM

So, it will be like the ending of the Evangelion movie, only Yunru and Libra being the only two survivors? :p

#12 Atomic_Noodles

Atomic_Noodles

Colony Hivemind

• Project Team
  • 854 posts
  • Projects:Red Alert - Colony Wars
  •  Colony Wars Hive Mind

Posted 23 December 2013 - 06:00 AM

Act 2 Spoiler: Yuri builds the Mental Omega Device.

~ Getting cringe reactions when you see a RAINBOW means you have issues. ~

"This World is an Illussion,Exile" -High Templar Dominus

#13 WhiteDragon25

WhiteDragon25
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 06:18 AM

Act 2 Spoiler: Yuri builds the Mental Omega Device.

No shit Sherlock. What do you think the mod is named after, Yuri's glowing blue balls? :dry: :rolleyes: :p

#14 Divine

Divine

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:43 AM

Every grandiose tinpot dictator has claims that they are serving "the greater good" or the "will of the people" or some bullshit like that; in the end, though, the real reason is usually just their own lust for power. Whether or not Yuri actually has some sort of ideologically-centered goal in mind is irrelevant when one considers that the means he uses to achieve said goal pretty much violate every single moral, ethical, and philosophical principle ever concieved.

"Utopia" rarely - if ever - justifies the means to get there. Same goes for both the Allies and the Soviets as well.

...Did we just get into a discussion about the motivations of a video game villain and whether or not they are well-intentioned?

Actualy, Yuri's "good intention" could be to transform humanity's conciousness into something of a "hive-mind". No more wars and opression, because harming another would be like harming yourself. Perhaps the Mental Omega device serves this purpose.

#15 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:35 PM

That's the one interesting part, we only know Yuri's goal, but not his motivations or purpose.

#16 Bobby-Wan Kenobi

Bobby-Wan Kenobi
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:48 PM

Well, some interesting ideas I see.

For Soviets, it would be logical to go to Alcatraz first, and see what the PsiCorps has been doing, but why Yuri needed the rockets from Baikonur Cosmodrome ? Unless he wants to build a Moon base.

#17 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach

Supérior Caliburwielder

• Project Team
  • 2,187 posts
  • Projects:Infinty Engine modding, OpenHV, Attacque Supérior (sometimes)
  •  That guy you keep hearing the stories about.

Posted 23 December 2013 - 01:20 PM

Where the heck this Alcatraz stuff comes from?!

First: this ain't YR to follow Alcatraz. Second: Alcatraz wasn't even the very first Dominator. It was just the most closest to the Time Machine. If you would have realized the YR intro's story, you woulda know that at the first mission, only Alcatraz's dominator didn't get activated due to the Harrier which crashed into the Reactor. All the rest were, and that's all.

kuuHd4s.png6pDXsCS.png
n0J1wqE.pngIX8pBXZ.png

AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2

ComradeCrimson: AS is the product of Hungarian acid
ComradeCrimson: And magical hussars
Dutchygamer: and Weird Al.

#18 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 01:35 PM

I think it comes from the fact that the second Soviet mission in MO is about clearing the Alcatraz for the PsiCorps specifically, asked by Yuri himself. Since that is a mission with the fake-Yuri voice actor, it is a most memorable mission.

Edited by Solais, 23 December 2013 - 01:35 PM.

#19 Martinoz

Martinoz

Just MK

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 1,621 posts
  • Projects:YR Argentina Webmaster
  •  Since April 2011
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:YR Argentina

Posted 23 December 2013 - 01:48 PM

I think it comes from the fact that the second Soviet mission in MO is about clearing the Alcatraz for the PsiCorps specifically, asked by Yuri himself. Since that is a mission with the fake-Yuri voice actor, it is a most memorable mission.

It was mostly done because there was such a thing in original Red Alert 2 and reprised in Yuri's Revenge as a retrospection. We wanted to show how would it look during the invasion.

7fqd2Qz.png

#20 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:08 PM

Well sure, but from the story standpoint, it would seem like the first place the Soviets would go to. I mean, their top commander was there, seeing that PsiCorps is doing a project there, I'd assume that he'd say something about that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users