Photo

The worst missions to play in Mental Omega 3.0 Act I

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Poll: The worst missions to play in Mental Omega 3.0 Act I? [Multiple choice] (51 member(s) have cast votes)

The worst Allied missions to play in Mental Omega 3.0 Act I are

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

The worst Soviet missions to play in Mental Omega 3.0 Act I are

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

The worst Epsilon missions to play in Mental Omega 3.0 Act I are

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Martinoz

Martinoz

Just MK

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 1,621 posts
  • Projects:YR Argentina Webmaster
  •  Since April 2011
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:YR Argentina

Posted 26 December 2013 - 05:59 PM

Another multiple choice, please select these missions which are for you the worst to play or finish. Please also write in a reply why they are bad in your opinion.

Edited by Martinoz, 26 December 2013 - 06:09 PM.

7fqd2Qz.png

#2 lovalmidas

lovalmidas

Yunru Kanegawa. Go figure. Go mental.

• Project Team
  • 1,192 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega Almost Perfect Yunru's Revenge Version 3.0
  •  Why am I not in the Centurion?

Posted 26 December 2013 - 06:02 PM

I predict... Singularity takes the top spot for its difficulty :p

I null voted. Mission designer bias. :p

30m70ag.png

Mental Omega on the web:
fbbutton.png ytbutton.png mdbutton.png dsbutton.png
IRC: #menthosogma (Rizon)

#3 Black/Brunez

Black/Brunez

Title? What title?

• Project Team
  • 1,262 posts
  •  Mentalmeister - Random Annoying Guy

Posted 26 December 2013 - 06:17 PM

People voting on Heaven or Hell...

I feel that people who gave up on trying to beat this (IMO somewhat easy) mission didn´t even try Panic Cycle.

#4 Martinoz

Martinoz

Just MK

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 1,621 posts
  • Projects:YR Argentina Webmaster
  •  Since April 2011
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:YR Argentina

Posted 26 December 2013 - 06:21 PM

People voting on Heaven or Hell...

I feel that people who gave up on trying to beat this (IMO somewhat easy) mission didn´t even try Panic Cycle.

Heaven and Hell is just badly designed in current state where you need to run away from Tsivils all the time and spend most of the time on hiding. It takes 2-3x times longer than in closed beta. SEALs had to destroy Sentry Gun without problems, now you need two of them + some luck to not have them killed. Restarting a mission after 30 minutes is a real pain.

Edited by Martinoz, 26 December 2013 - 06:22 PM.

7fqd2Qz.png

#5 lovalmidas

lovalmidas

• Project Team
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 06:45 PM

Worst mission. Not most difficult mission.

There are so many factors that determines how good a mission can be. Like background story, ease to exploit, frustration (and boredom), linearity, and the "Libra is now male?! YOU RUINED EVERYTHING" factor. :p

30m70ag.png

Mental Omega on the web:

#6 delulytric

delulytric
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 06:47 PM

I voted for Heaven and Hell. The whole reason is what Martinoz basically said. Still managed to complete Heaven and Hell though, it's damn annoying and had very little synergy between objectives. (Reinforcement from land while destroying naval blockades with a pittance. huhuh.)

#7 UprisingJC

UprisingJC
  • Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 06:53 PM

I voted for Heaven and Hell. The whole reason is what Martinoz basically said. Still managed to complete Heaven and Hell though, it's damn annoying and had very little synergy between objectives. (Reinforcement from land while destroying naval blockades with a pittance. huhuh.)

That stage forces you to abuse AUTOHEAL, which results in a lot of time wasted on waiting for your SEALs or rocketeers to recover from getting hurt.

Edited by UprisingJC, 26 December 2013 - 06:55 PM.

#8 X1Destroy

X1Destroy

title available

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 07:02 PM

I'd rather play Panic Cycle instead of Heaven and Hell, it's too boring. Always hit and run.

As for me, I'd say Killing Fields and Unshakable are the worst.

Edited by X1Destroy, 26 December 2013 - 07:03 PM.

"Protecting the land of the Free."
efXH1rz.png

#9 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 26 December 2013 - 07:06 PM

While Martinoz made the thread, I'd like to say it would be useful to hear why you think certain missions are best/worst.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#10 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 07:54 PM

I have to say that in my opinion Moonlight is the worst. Not because that it is difficult, but it is way too long.

#11 UprisingJC

UprisingJC
  • Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 07:59 PM

I have to say that in my opinion Moonlight is the worst. Not because that it is difficult, but it is way too long.

Too long? Did you mean the drillers working too slowly, making you have to defend the launchpad for a long time?

#12 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:07 PM

The whole mission is just too long. It take at least an hour and a half to complete it.

#13 UprisingJC

UprisingJC
  • Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:22 PM

The whole mission is just too long. It take at least an hour and a half to complete it.

It took me roughly 100 minutes to clear the stage lol.

#14 WhiteDragon25

WhiteDragon25
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:08 PM

These are the ones that have given me the most grief every time I've tried playing them so far. Do note, I have not played every mission at least once yet, so this is just what I remember from my (painful) experiences. Note: these were all played on Easy difficulty.

Allied Missions:

Heaven and Hell - Oh, the first part is easy (take out the flak cannons), but from that point? This mission should just drop the 'Heaven' part from its name. Getting the ammo from the supply dump was a pain in the ass (thanks to interlocking fields-of-fire from turret defenses), and I only managed to get that done eventually when I watched one of the walkthrough videos here (charging the Sentry Guns with the Seals? Suicidal and risky, but effective). Everything else, though? I get struck with the question "NOW WHAT!?" - I have no idea on where to go from there, since every other path is blocked off by instant death. Also, Tsivils. Fuck Tsivils. How the hell am I supposed to kill a Tsivil with two guys armed with only UMPs!? Oh, and as others mentioned, autoheal abuse. Fine in small doses, but those painkillers and steroids aren't good for you, man!

Soviet Missions:

The Lunatic - Whoever designed this mission is certainly deserving of the name. How the hell am I supposed to get Volkov and Chtizkoi to clear out the AA defenses fast enough before the Kirov reaches land first? I could never get them onto the other side of the cliff before the Kirov gets there first, where it gets promptly shot down by Sentinels. Also, Soviets, here's an idea: why not send MULTIPLE automated Kirovs? At least that way at least one of them gets past the AA defenses. But I digress.

Unshakable - So, so, so many problems. I've went into great detail why I hate this mission before. Much of that detail being insults and profanities. Anyways, though, the biggest problems that I had with it were: 1) the rapid change in objectives before I could even get situated on what the hell is going on, and 2) the Seismic Stabilizer and how it puts an unbelievable time crunch on me. Those two things always resulted in me getting utterly slaughtered, as I am forced to rush myself and my forces as fast as possible, leaving them little more than a turkey shoot for the enemy. Also, Nuwa Cannons. Fucking Nuwa Cannons.

Epsilon Missions:

Every Epsilon mission has been a miserable experience for me so far, but these are some samples of my experiences.

Peacekeeper - The mission overall is just fine and dandy, and the first two objectives are simple to accomplish (though challenging); the problem I found was that right after capturing the Satellite Hack Center and recieving the new objective of getting that spy into that Tech Center, said spy dies somehow soon after before I even see where he is, and when that happens I get a glitch or something occuring and the game crashes on me. Happens quite consistently too, I have no idea why.

Scrapyard - The first objective takes an agonizingly long time to complete, thanks to the fact that I only have 3 Adepts and a Borillo to work with, and I have use them against an oil field crawling with Allied infantry. Oh, getting rid of the infantry is simple (if irritating) to accomplish, it's capturing the Oil Derricks with the mind-controlled Engineers that's the hard part (lose one, and they can't be replaced, which means you have to wait longer to get the $10000 Rashidi wants). After that, the mission was supposed to be simple, using the Stalin's Fist to produce Mantis Tanks; problem was, one little oversight led to me losing Rashidi's Stinger, which was apparently a critical unit, resulting in a mission failed. The Stinger was never indicated as a critical unit, and thanks to a bug in which putting Rashidi into it doesn't result in a repair Stinger as intended, I dismissed it as irrelevant. Which, apparently, was a mistake.

Singularity - Oh, the basic objective is simple: get both sides of the Korean border to start killing each other. Problem is, how the fuck am I supposed to get there!? Malver and the Virus being the only two units to work with is fine, the issue I take with this mission is that it's a goddamn maze. How am I supposed to get to that PsiCorps Trooper when every path is blocked by Tesla Troopers & Tesla Coils? Getting to the road with Malver and the Virus was the most I can do, but after that, I have no clue on where to go from there. This sentiment of "Now what?" is quite prevalent throughout all of the Epsilon missions, apparently.

Moonlight - Other members here take issue with the longevity of this mission. I would probably agree with that sentiment if I was able to get as far as they did. The start of the mission, I get a small army with which to storm the Baikonur-Leninsk compound. Thing is, the one and only enterance to the base is through an extremely narrow chokepoint, so I end up incurring losses before I even enter the base proper. Even if I manage to blow up the enterance and enter the base, I still have to pummel my way to the rocket pad, which is hard to do when I have so little forces and most of them are damaged already or have thin armor, and I have to face Tesla Coils and Rhino Tanks. I never managed to get that far anyways.

I have a Moddb page, if anyone cares to check it out: linky.

I can also be found at the Spacebattles Forums: linky.

#15 lovalmidas

lovalmidas

• Project Team
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:45 PM

Moonlight - Thing is, the one and only enterance to the base is through an extremely narrow chokepoint, so I end up incurring losses before I even enter the base proper.

"Nuh uh uh, wrong way" - Yunru.

There are 5 entrances to the base, of which only one (the back door) is inaccessible in the initial part.

Still, you won't incur too much losses if you strike the front door with some plan - like Wolfhounds or Mind Control the gate guards

30m70ag.png

Mental Omega on the web:

#16 WhiteDragon25

WhiteDragon25
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:55 PM

Moonlight - Thing is, the one and only enterance to the base is through an extremely narrow chokepoint, so I end up incurring losses before I even enter the base proper.

"Nuh uh uh, wrong way" - Yunru.

There are 5 entrances to the base, of which only one (the back door) is inaccessible in the initial part.

Still, you won't incur too much losses if you strike the front door with some plan - like Wolfhounds or Mind Control the gate guards

Ah, thanks for that information. Should make things a bit easier on my next playthrough.

I have a Moddb page, if anyone cares to check it out: linky.

I can also be found at the Spacebattles Forums: linky.

#17 LusiGoosi

LusiGoosi
  • Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:59 AM

Alrighty, While some missions I did not enjoy I can't say that they were because of story or any real reason besides I found them too challenging to be enjoyable.  So I will talk about the one story element that makes no sense to me. :) The Republic of Korea Is mentioned as is the DPRK as north Korea, but unless the Russia fought with America in the far east against Japan. Well North Korea and south Korea would not really exist. Making Singularity the mission I find the worst because you seem to check your facts or have explanations for a lot of changes from history. Yet division of Korea Happened in 1945 and if soviet Russia did not demand a communist occupation zone, well the allies did not recognize communist china so they would not be able to make it form and Nationalist or the Republic of China was still fighting the communists until 1949 far after the division of Korea would have normally happened, I know I'm nitpicking :p

#18 X1Destroy

X1Destroy

title available

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:37 AM

I would agree with that. The war with Japan is the reason why the KMT wouldn't have destroyed the communists long ago.

But.........did such a thing existed in RA? Ever?

Most approriated answer would be that the Soviets had moved into China and fully supported the commies ever since the days of RA1. But again, this make no sense to me.

Edited by X1Destroy, 27 December 2013 - 07:39 AM.

"Protecting the land of the Free."
efXH1rz.png

#19 LusiGoosi

LusiGoosi
  • Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:19 AM

Indeed as the Russians did not get along well with the Communist Chinese and support was fragmented at best.  Let us assume though it was better and the Nationalists still lost, which we would have to as the Chinese faction is red china.. Well then that still does not effect Korea being split. So many issue pop up when world war 2 is not the way it was...though lots of answers can be created too.

#20 Psionic Psychic

Psionic Psychic

yod vav resh

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Projects:Life
  •  Epsilon Scientist

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:27 AM

Almost all missions were pains in the ass. Man, these missions were way more harder than my Math quizzes! But some are so easy. Like Red Dawn Rising, Beautiful Mind, 

Bleed Red, Dragonstorm, and Peacekeeper.

Mainly the reasons why these mission are so hard are:

*All maps are mazes (meaning you don't know whats here and there)

*All units are perfect in destroying your forces.

*AI maybe has unlimited power and money.

But when the time when Rules.ini will be available, PREPARE YOUR FORCES, ENEMIES!

ZAdGcaJ.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users