A new faction (for the fun of it.))

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#1 LusiGoosi

LusiGoosi
  • Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 04:13 AM

I have lots of free time during the holidays, with most of my friends gone until new year comes about so I am going to create my own sub faction, I’d put it in suggestions but it is likely to be a wall of text or take several posts. So if you are interested take a read, maybe some of these ideas will work with other factions or perhaps in your own mod and of course if you really want add your own units or structures to them. I’m just doing it to enjoy myself. As it gives me things to research then imagine.  

South American Falange (( S.A.F)

Sub faction Characteristics:
Expensive high end units around cannons and traditional ballistics.
Focus on Deploy-able tech weapons

The United States was not the only nation to watch the expansion of communism from the Central America, in South America many nations who felt threatened by this expansion joined the Falange or the phalanx. Made up of many governments the Falange was original a moderate organization of mutual protection. Yet as communism grew in the north many of the nations’ swung back to the right much as they had through the 30’s, 40 and 50’s.  As relations worsened with the Latin confederation the Falange formed a unified defense force.  Putting many new weapons into the field and while theses weapons are not advanced like many nations they are expressions of old tech taken to a new level.  While now they are but a resistance with many of their governments in exile they plan to regain their homeland and liberate their beloved shores.

SUPPORT POWER #1: Decoy brigade, Drops four decoy tanks onto the battle field. Theses tank look like the standard A.A.F tank, but has paper thin armor and the main gun is but a tube.  Originally built for training purposes these tanks have a small 20mm hidden in the larger tube.
SUPPORT POWER #2: Artillery barrage, Calls in shell from off map artillery to saturate an area. This strike lacks accuracy but when something is hit by a shell it knows it.
SUPPORT POWER #3: Orange Crush, dropping defoliant on an area does more than clear the trees it work much like a form of light radiation  harming infantry who are unlucky enough to be under the drop.

Edited by LusiGoosi, 27 December 2013 - 04:13 AM.

#2 LusiGoosi

LusiGoosi
  • Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 04:36 AM

Anyhow here are some T1 units. :)

F41 Buzzard
Cost: $700
Speed: 5
Hitpoints: 350
Armor Class: Medium
Prerequisite: War Factory
Purpose: Anti-Infantry, Anti-Aircraft
Weapons: 5cm AA Gun (x2)  
Range: 5.5 / 11 ((Deployed as AA))
The Buzzard is an Anti-air tank, equipped with duel 5cm guns while an effective shell cartridge giving it a decent ceiling of fire, the blowback of such a shell in a multipurpose turret caused problems the housing on the two cannons would shake when in the upright AA position.  So when not in a ground support roll the Buzzard deploys and locks down to give it the accuracy needed.  However, when in the ground support roll it can still remain fire on the move due to the lock on the turret when in the non-up position and the heavy wide treads and model forty one chassis which absorbs the recoil. Known as the buzzard do to the fact that when many leave the tank after a long firing all they hear is the tell tail buzz.
V41 Panther tank
Cost: $850
Speed: 5
Hitpoints: 380
Purpose: Anti-Armor
Weapons: 75mm HVG
Range: 6
While not the biggest gun used in tanks the 75 mm gun in the panther uses an extremely high velocity to pull off shots at a farther range then other front line tanks.   Its crew often says the can stack shells, while this beloved tank has served the Falange for many years there is still no want to replace the tank, which suits many commander just fine.

“Rico” Recon tank
Cost: $550
Speed: 7
Hitpoints: 200
Armor Class: medium
Purpose: Anti-Infantry
Weapons: 20mm auto canon
Range: 5.5
The “Rico” is the  lightest vehicle in the Falange Arsenal is still a tank and it suits their philosophy of war as even the recon elements should be able to get home after a fight, while some have argued a 20mm gun is a bit heavy for anti-infantry use, the crews of these tanks are grateful for the extra firepower. In an age where armored infantry like the tesla trooper has become a reality you need that little extra oomph.  

Edited by LusiGoosi, 28 December 2013 - 08:32 AM.

#3 someonebutnoone

someonebutnoone

Commradyte Scion/ Incubator Hunter/ God of Entropy

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 04:49 AM

I'd provide some suggestions, but you'll have to answer these questions:
1.What do you mean by "deployable tech weapons?"
2. Is this an Allied subfaction, Soviet subfaction or an independent one?

#4 LusiGoosi

LusiGoosi
  • Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 06:08 AM

Independent I suppose it seems through the 70s and 80s from what I have read that many parts of south America went through a phase of semi-isolationism and a few more were pretty nationalistic.  Certainly anti-soviet though.  Deploy-able is what it should be, but i was thinking that many weapons would have a deployed mode or had to be deployed to use.

#5 someonebutnoone

someonebutnoone

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 06:56 AM

Alright.
ConYard --> Ciudadela (does not move, build limit: 1, to expand, you have to build Emisarios that can be deployed to give build area)
War Factory --> Garaje (same WF with Spanish name)
Battle Lab --> Fortaleza (ditto)
Airfield --> Aeronave Center (ditto)
Barracks --> Cuartel (ditto)
Naval Shipyard --> Puerto Marítimo (ditto)
T3 Diablo Tank (based from Siege Tank from Starcraft, like a HQ Colossus, but deployed mode is siege instead)
Nod's defense systems from Cnc3, where you build a hub first and then make 3 turrets
Shredder Turret (chaingun)
Fuego Turret (firebombs at vehicles)
Cañón Turret (fires missiles at aircraft)

Edited by someonebutnoone, 28 December 2013 - 12:32 PM.

#6 someonebutnoone

someonebutnoone

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 07:11 AM

Subfaction/faction color : Cyan (therefore Red Latinos vs Blue Latinos (get the reference? :p)) Plus that one of the founders of the Confederation and the founder of the Falange are actually brothers.
Raimundo "Rojo" Mandita - LC (Confederation)
Alfonso "Azul" Mandita - SF (Falange)

#7 LusiGoosi

LusiGoosi
  • Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 08:57 AM

T3 “Diablo” SPG ((This is my take on your idea, what you think? I hope you don’t mind me running with your idea.))

Cost: $1500

Speed: 4

Hitpoints: 600

Armor Class: light

Prerequisite: War Factory, Tech Center?

Purpose:  Siege

Weapons: 20mm auto canon/ 200mm gun

Range: 5.5 / 18.5 ((Deployed))

The “Diablo” is a Large Self-propelled gun. It was originally defenseless when on the move as its main gun is far too large to fire without deploying. To give it some defensive capabilities it was given a small 20mm auto cannon. Oddly the same given to the Falanges smallest tank. Many crews would prefer never to have to use it as the armor of the Large SPG is light. To use the massive gun the SPG deploys putting out four feet that stabilizes and frees up the traverse on the gun fully reading it for any siege.

Additional Information:

Minimum Range: 5. ((when deployed))

#8 someonebutnoone

someonebutnoone

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 12:06 PM

I was making one, but I accidentally deleted it, so it's alright. :p

#9 someonebutnoone

someonebutnoone

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 01:12 PM

Quetzalcoatl Grand Ballistic Bomber (T3 WWII-esque bomber that has 2x HMGs for anti-aircraft, and high-explosive ballistic missiles for everything else)
Cheetah Cycle (T1 anti-infantry harasser armed with an SMG)
Recruit (Has the best garrison range of all T1 basic infantry)
Hired Gun (Has the most ROF of T1 basic anti-armor and anti-aircraft infantry, since they wield Mikor MGLs)

#10 Psionic Psychic

Psionic Psychic

yod vav resh

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Projects:Life
  •  Epsilon Scientist

Posted 29 December 2013 - 01:49 AM

Hey, don't forget the Galleons!

ZAdGcaJ.jpg

#11 LusiGoosi

LusiGoosi
  • Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 03:50 AM

Well Galleons are a bit old fashioned don't you think? How about these instead. :)

Barb Attack Boat
Speed: 10
Hitpoints: 175
Prerequisite: Naval Shipyard
Purpose: Naval Engagement
Weapons:  Depth charges/ 20mm Canon ((x2))
Range: 7 / 7
The Barb Attack Boat is a small and very fast boat, designed as a quick response attack craft.  The Falange uses the barb as its most basic naval craft as it can hit both subs and other ships with its light twin 20 turret.
Driver cannot be killed.
Can detect cloaked and submerged units (sensors range: 9).

Peron class Destroyer
Cost: $1000
Speed: 6
Hit points: 550
Prerequisite: Naval Shipyard, Airfield
Purpose: Assault, Anti-Aircraft
Weapon: 8x 2cm AA Cannons
Range: 6 / 10
Armed with a heavy set of light AA guns these weapons can be turned against ships to some minimal effect in the case it is caught without support.  The Peron class is named after the Argentine leader as it is under his leadership that the first prototype was finished. Making it the oldest class of ship in the Falange. Still the crews of these aged men of war are proud to serve on such a well-tested type of vessel.  

Falange Class Pocket Battleship  
Cost: $2200
Hitpoints: 1250
Armor Class: Heavy
Prerequisite: Naval Shipyard, Lab
Purpose: Anti-ship, light siege
Weapon:  305mm cannon (x4)/ Depth charges (x2))
Range: 15
The Falange class battleship is a top of the line ship versus ship vessel, this pocket battleship is the pride of the Falange navy capable of dealing with almost any threat at sea. While the short range of its guns is often seen as a problem for siege work the Falange class vessel can be used for shore support if needed.

Amazon class siege ship
Cost: $3000
Speed: 3
Hitpoints: 900
Prerequisite: Naval Shipyard, lab
Purpose: Siege
Weapon: “little David” 920mm Mortar ((Fire a huge demolition bomb))
Range: 28   Minimum Range: 10
A massive, but fragile vessel for its size the Leviathan is the siege vessel of the Falange navy.  The expense of these weapons makes them a vessel that must be protected often only one is found per fleet group.   Armed with a variant of the “little David” mortar a weapon to crush japan that never saw service.  Falanage scientists took this weapon and created a naval platform for it.  The crews of these vessels often say how when the gun goes off they think the ship is going to shake itself apart.

Edited by LusiGoosi, 29 December 2013 - 03:51 AM.

#12 LusiGoosi

LusiGoosi
  • Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:03 AM

Quetzalcoatl Grand Ballistic Bomber (T3 WWII-esque bomber that has 2x HMGs for anti-aircraft, and high-explosive ballistic missiles for everything else)
Cheetah Cycle (T1 anti-infantry harasser armed with an SMG)
Recruit (Has the best garrison range of all T1 basic infantry)
Hired Gun (Has the most ROF of T1 basic anti-armor and anti-aircraft infantry, since they wield Mikor MGLs)

I like the idea of the recruit, but I think the garrison range would make it unfair, perhaps if he just had a better normal range. Armed with a semi auto rifle like the G43 that could be cool or maybe an FN FAL.

I like the idea of a carpet bomber that could be cool.

I was thinking that a unique weapon for Anti-armor would be arming anti-tank rifles.

Any how here is my ideas for transport and a plane

T2 transport
Andes APC
Cost: $750
Hitpoints: 360
Prerequisite: War Factory, Airbase
Purpose: Armed amphibious Transport
Weapon: 50mm Cannon
Range: 5.5
The transport of the Falange is an amphibious tank that can go at full speed on any terrain so it is said. While it cannot fly like the stallion or is not as armored as the Borillo, the Andes has a larger carrying capacity of 8 troopers and is armed with a light anti-armor gun.  

AC-52 “Spooky” Gunship
Cost: $2000
Speed: 12 (jet, though it is prop driven, but I’m not sure if they have a prop speed.)) )
Hitpoints: 350
Armor Class: Medium Air
Prerequisite: Air Force Command, Tech Center
Purpose: Anti-ground
Weapons: 20mm rotary canons  (x2 ) / 8mm rotary guns
Range: 8/8
A support gunship to fly around the battlefield.

#13 LusiGoosi

LusiGoosi
  • Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 05:55 AM

I'm going to try and make some models for these ideas...that being said those who can do this already are awesome. I spent about 5 hours trying to make it look good to no avail.  Also some more units could be fun too,

#14 someonebutnoone

someonebutnoone

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:17 AM

Alright.

Fan factions:

South American

Well Galleons are a bit old fashioned don't you think? How about these instead. :)

Barb Attack Boat
Speed: 10
Hitpoints: 175
Prerequisite: Naval Shipyard
Purpose: Naval Engagement
Weapons:  Depth charges/ 20mm Canon ((x2))
Range: 7 / 7
The Barb Attack Boat is a small and very fast boat, designed as a quick response attack craft.  The Falange uses the barb as its most basic naval craft as it can hit both subs and other ships with its light twin 20 turret.
Driver cannot be killed.
Can detect cloaked and submerged units (sensors range: 9).

Peron class Destroyer
Cost: $1000
Hit points: 550
Prerequisite: Naval Shipyard, Airfield
Purpose: Assault, Anti-Aircraft
Weapon: 8x 2cm AA Cannons
Range: 6 / 10
Armed with a heavy set of light AA guns these weapons can be turned against ships to some minimal effect in the case it is caught without support.  The Peron class is named after the Argentine leader as it is under his leadership that the first prototype was finished. Making it the oldest class of ship in the Falange. Still the crews of these aged men of war are proud to serve on such a well-tested type of vessel.  

Paryaqaqa Class Pocket Battleship  
Cost: $2200
Hitpoints: 1250
Prerequisite: Naval Shipyard, Lab
Purpose: Anti-ship, light siege
Weapon:  305mm cannon (x4)/ Depth charges (x2))
Range: 15
The Falange class battleship is a top of the line ship versus ship vessel, this pocket battleship is the pride of the Falange navy capable of dealing with almost any threat at sea. While the short range of its guns is often seen as a problem for siege work the Falange class vessel can be used for shore support if needed.

Atahualpa siege ship
Cost: $3000
Speed: 3
Hitpoints: 900
Prerequisite: Naval Shipyard, lab
Purpose: Siege
Weapon: “little David” 920mm Mortar ((Fire a huge demolition bomb))
Range: 28   Minimum Range: 10
A massive, but fragile vessel for its size the Leviathan is the siege vessel of the Falange navy.  The expense of these weapons makes them a vessel that must be protected often only one is found per fleet group.   Armed with a variant of the “little David” mortar a weapon to crush japan that never saw service.  Falanage scientists took this weapon and created a naval platform for it.  The crews of these vessels often say how when the gun goes off they think the ship is going to shake itself apart.

Fixed it.

I made the names more South American, by adding Incan mythology to them.

#15 LusiGoosi

LusiGoosi
  • Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:43 AM

Fixed it.

I made the names more South American, by adding Incan mythology to them.

Looks good to me.

#16 Bobby-Wan Kenobi

Bobby-Wan Kenobi
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:38 PM

SPACE NAZIS !

Isn't it quite a coincidence, that Udo Kier, who player Yuri had moon base, and few years later he plays a Moon-Fuhrer in Iron Sky. Leader of the Space Nazis with a base on the dark side of the Moon.

#17 LusiGoosi

LusiGoosi
  • Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:39 AM

hmm, making good looking units is tough... I spent 5 hours today trying learned a lot. will keep trying. It is interesting. Makes things in perspective the amount of work it takes.

#18 LusiGoosi

LusiGoosi
  • Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:58 AM

We here is my first goodish Voxel, good enough I'm willing to show at least. I have not figured out to put the turret and Body together yet. Or HVa files or a lot of things but here are two parts of a light tank. I'm trying to get better, so this tank is kinda a mutt and a mess featuring things from many tanks Russian, German and American also colors are a bit odd as i was experimenting . I hope to use voxels to give a idea of some of my unit suggestions ((sorry about the small size. it is a light tank :p ))

Attached Thumbnails

• microtnkhull_000.png
  • microtnkhull_000.jpg
  • microtnkturr_000.gif

Edited by LusiGoosi, 05 January 2014 - 08:00 AM.

#19 I_Download_Stuff

I_Download_Stuff

Creative Thinker w/ Alot of Ideas

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • Projects:Red Alert: Global Revolution
  •  Some guy... IDK, WHAT can you think?!

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:01 AM

I have two ideas for two subfactions, the Soviets will gain an ally from the middle east and asia minor called "The Crescent" and the Epsilon's rather more secretive and hidden society the "Archon Tribunal". Dude, if you're interested in seeing what they can do, reply to me first cuz I might make an embarrassment of myself if I just post it all the way. 

#20 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach

Supérior Caliburwielder

• Project Team
  • 2,187 posts
  • Projects:Infinty Engine modding, OpenHV, Attacque Supérior (sometimes)
  •  That guy you keep hearing the stories about.

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:37 AM

LusiGoosi, it certainly isn't bad for a first voxel, true that.

kuuHd4s.png6pDXsCS.png
n0J1wqE.pngIX8pBXZ.png

AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2

ComradeCrimson: AS is the product of Hungarian acid
ComradeCrimson: And magical hussars
Dutchygamer: and Weird Al.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users