On teching up.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Walrus

Walrus
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:56 AM

Hey folks, I have a question for the experienced players. I find the players who I have the most difficulty facing seem to be the ones who tech up very quickly and start producing T3 units, so that the first attack I see from them almost always includes Volkov, the Centurion, or a Kirov, or something like that (These players usually use China or Russia.) They seem to use very few T1 or T2 units, if any at all.

Now, my intuition is that I should be able to counter such a strategy by producing a few T1 or T2 units and making an early attack on my opponent's miners or some other soft target. However, It seems that in the time it takes me to produce 6-8 T1/T2 units costing 5000 credits or so, my opponent can build a battle lab and a hero unit who is easily capable of taking on 8 basic tanks!

My question is, do you find that teching up quickly and using few basic units is the best way to play? Or, am I just getting my basic units out too slowly? Perhaps it's more complicated than that, I know it's hard to make a judgement about my strategy without seeing it and different tactics are appropriate on different maps.

If it's relevant, most of my experience is with SC or EA.

#2 Martinoz

Martinoz

Just MK

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 1,621 posts
  • Projects:YR Argentina Webmaster
  •  Since April 2011
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:YR Argentina

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:04 AM

Yunru hates dogs while Volkov hates Terror drones - Volkov rof is quite slow and he can be easily overwhelmed by a mass of cheap anti infantry units, especially Terror Drones are a nightmare for him.

Edited by Martinoz, 27 December 2013 - 09:04 AM.

7fqd2Qz.png

#3 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:06 AM

Every playstyle has pros and cons. Teching up quickly depends on the person and the faction too. Epsilon sides can stay relatively long at T2, because they can do many attacks using only T2 units. China can also stay relatively long at T2, but nobody wants, because they get Nuwa, Sentinel, Yunru, Eradicator and Centurion at T3. Pacific Front players may also want to tech up early, because they get Norio and Battle Fortress at T3.

But to tell the truth teching up quickly consumes lots of money and it makes the player vulnerable in the early game. Scorpion Cell players can use this for their advantage and strike on miners.

I suggest to play as you see fit. These popular tactics will become obsolete, because there are lots of way to counter Borillo rushes and to decimate tech up quickly guys.

#4 Hecthor Doomhammer

Hecthor Doomhammer

Live Streamer

• Project Team
  • 1,282 posts
  • Projects:Livestreams
  •  C&C mods Livestreamer

Posted 27 December 2013 - 01:37 PM

I've had numerous battles as LC, where teching up to T2 fast and then the usual Borillo/ivan combo with 3-5 Bomb Buggies was enough

Streamer of Rise of the Reds, Mental Omega and other mods

xqbQD6S.jpg

#5 Toveena

Toveena

baLANcE KUrwa

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • Projects:PSM
  •  バイツァ・ダスト

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:30 PM

It's relatively less risky to  execute fast Tier3 strat in MO than other cnc games like ra3 or TW/KW according to my experience due to  better economy and building speed.

But fast T3 no fun though :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users