The Official Introduction Topic

• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

#1 Zenothist

Zenothist

Former Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 1,727 posts
  •  Each post handcrafted for the discerning reader.

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:45 PM

Welcome to the official Mental Omega 3.0 forums!

This thread is for new and recent members to introduce themselves.

Formerly inactive members are more than welcome to post here as well.

If you find yourself with an issue, don't hesitate to PM me or one of the staff of MO.

Enjoy your stay, Proselytes!

#2 Mithrandith

Mithrandith
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:51 PM

Ello there!

I have played C&C since I was 13 years.

My aliasses are Mith, Mithrandir and Mithrandith.

I love history, games and manga & anime.

Add me as friend if you like the same stuff, I like talking with peeps, so yeah... :)

I hope I get to know more about you peeps!

Much greetz,

Wijnand, Mithrandith

Dutch Guy

#3 Mister_Pants

Mister_Pants
  • Members
  • 55 posts
  •  Magical Legwear

Posted 28 December 2013 - 02:05 AM

I am Mister Pants. I'm a sentient pair of legwear that has the magical ability to possess whoever wears me. However some dumb 19-year old Canadian guy keeps wearing me daily, so I haven't had much time to uh... travel. I enjoy long walks on the beach, and I can play the Jazz Flute quite proficiently, more so than Ron Burgundy. My favorite subfaction is the Scorpion Cell (although I suck absolute dong as them). I also happen to play quite a bit of Hearthstone/League of Legends, so if anyone want a no-nonsense boyfriend with a lot more bite than bark... then look no further!

EDIT: Aw shit, this isn't eHarmony... but yeah, go ahead and befriend me, I dare you! :D

Edited by Mister_Pants, 28 December 2013 - 02:06 AM.

#4 someonebutnoone

someonebutnoone

Commradyte Scion/ Incubator Hunter/ God of Entropy

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 02:07 AM

Greetings, everyone. I am some1butno1, God of Entropy, Sultan of Suggestions and one of. the Commradytes (Commander + Comrade + Proselyte)

I have always loved C&C games (the first being RA2) and other RTS games since I was little.

I love western animation, animu, vidya, fandoms and any other crap that anyone likes.

I hope to meet some fellow Commradytes here so we can conquer- I mean contribute to this glorious mod.

That is all.

#5 Psionic Psychic

Psionic Psychic

yod vav resh

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Projects:Life
  •  Epsilon Scientist

Posted 28 December 2013 - 04:12 AM

Hello fellow Proselytes! I am Psionic Psychic. Server of Yuri and the Epsilon.

I am a huge fan and a player of CnC games since I was still in Elementary. The boss of my father played Red Alert 2 (XD) and when I saw him playing, I fell in love with the game instantly because I can't hold it's AWESOMENESS anymore. I'm still playing it until today.

I love CnC games, Anime, Mystery books and novels, food ( :p ), and Mental Omega.

I hope I can know more of you fellows! (with the help of Yuri's Mind :p

:tiger:  :lion:  :tiger:  :lion:  :tiger:  :lion:  :tiger:  :lion:  :tiger:  :lion:  :tiger:  :lion:  :tiger:  :lion:  :tiger:  :lion:  :tiger:  :lion:  :tiger:                                                                                                                                                LETS DO THE EPPY (Epsilon) DANCE!

ZAdGcaJ.jpg

#6 X1Destroy

X1Destroy

title available

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 04:59 AM

Greetings, comrades. I'm X1Destroy.

My hobby? I like most C&C games except the "2 games that must not be mentioned". I like W40K, some what anime and manga as well.

I've been a fan of MO ever since the days of 2.0, and I've been playing it till 3.0.

See you on the battlefield. Let it burns!

Edited by X1Destroy, 28 December 2013 - 04:59 AM.

"Protecting the land of the Free."
efXH1rz.png

#7 someonebutnoone

someonebutnoone

Commradyte Scion/ Incubator Hunter/ God of Entropy

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 05:29 AM

Greetings, comrades. I'm X1Destroy.
My hobby? I like most C&C games except the "2 games that must not be mentioned". I like W40K, some what anime and manga as well.
I've been a fan of MO ever since the days of 2.0, and I've been playing it till 3.0.
See you on the battlefield. Let it burns!

Too bad since the Epsilon Basilisk was based from a G.T.M.N.B.N. :p

Anyway, welcome, fellow Commander/Comrade/Proselyte/Commradyte!

#8 LusiGoosi

LusiGoosi
  • Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 06:14 AM

I'm LusiGoosi, lover of fine wine, beer and spirits.  The original red alert was my first game so of course I got the second. :) I'm a history student and love to be helpful. Currently I'm back on the farm taking a nice break before I can travel and see some more history first hand. I also love to cook and took classes to be a gentleman's gentleman. It was fun.  Well that is enough info. I'm done about me.

Edited by LusiGoosi, 28 December 2013 - 06:17 AM.

#9 Admiral_Pit

Admiral_Pit
  • Project Team
  • 100 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:55 AM

You can just call me Admiral Pit, or AP (not to be mistaken for common abbreviations), or Pit for short.

Let's just say I grew up with a few games, but it was Red Alert 1 that I started playing first outta the C&C franchise with a bit of Regular Starcraft (not pro stuff).  It went on to TS, then RA2, and finally Generals and their expansions respectively.  With that, I stumble across different mods for the games and tend to enjoy some of them,  An older version of Mental Omega was one of them, with that Voltagor Amplifier to the best of my memory.

Outside of the Command & Conquer stuff?  Nintendo for the most part, and favorite characters include Bowser, and obviously from the name, Pit.  But that's all I can say.

Anything else?  Potentially have a short temper or something.  I'll just leave it at that.  Sorry for a lame introduction.

"Knowledge is Power."  -Yunru

#10 UprisingJC

UprisingJC
  • Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:51 PM

Greetings, guys, UprsingJC here.

I'm a fan of C&C Red Alert and Red Alert 2.

I played Red Alert for the first time in at the age of 9 and thus became addicted to it.

I used to play Red Alert 2 - Yuri's Revenge competitive online, using the account  "Ruf168".

For most of the time I only stuck to Allied(The United States) and Soviet(Iraq) factions in all match-ups .

I also have a channel featuring mainly Dead or Alive (Fighting Game)  and of course C&C (Mainly Red Alert 2 ones and some Generals ones. Recently I've uploading a lot of Mental Omega 3.0 gameplays)

http://www.youtube.com/UprisingJC

#11 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:32 AM

I guess I'm here to stay to annoy people about the difficulty.

So hey, Solais here.

The original C&C was one of the first PC games I've played when I was 6 years old (though starting with a Sega Megadrive when I was 5), and then when Red Alert came out a year later, I was fascinated by the idea of a map editor - though it saddened me that it could only do skirmish maps. On the other hand, RA got the user.ini, and that set me on my way to mod games. Since then I modded almost all C&C games till Generals, including RA2, in which I tried to create an unofficial expansion not unlike MO, years before I discovered this project. Due to crashes and problems I abandoned that project, just like every other modding projects I worked on for Warcraft 3, Starcraft, Duke Nukem 3D and the Serious Sam series (among other things).

After around 5 years of hiatus, however, I was back to modding (and now with the ability to actually finish my works), starting with Serious Sam HD, then SS3, then back to SSHD, what I'm modding currently; my largest modding project in the works right now is for that game (and been for the last one and a half year).

Currently, I'm known to be one of the better modders of the SS community, part (essentially the chief) of the External QA team of Croteam (creators of the Serious Sam games) and co-admin of the series' official forums.

My skills include designing maps, mostly layout and gameplay (at least for SS for now; I did map for RA2 back in the day, but that was 10 years ago), with some minor-ish knowledge about modelling and coding in Lua. I also have an overall understanding of all-around game design.

Besides all this, I study game design on the side (as a hobby/future job) while also doing my Master's course and my English and Pedagogy Teacher's Training. I'm mostly into games and gaming in general (including its culture and industry), anime and Touhou, and specific TV series.

I also officially have no life whatsoever. :p 

#12 NutCracker

NutCracker
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:53 PM

NutCracker here i'm commonly seen in the LAN lobby of MO 3.0 come and play with me  :thumbsupcool:.

Games i play? C&c Generals, Red alert 2, 3, TW, KW, Warhammer 40k DOW and Company of Heroes.

I Like? Pacific front, GLA, Empire of rising sun, orks and necrons, GDI and Norio.

I am? a human, decent and casual gamer, otaku, anywayyyy im out. 

PF PWNS ALL!! PF + CHINA = EOTRS

#13 crystala

crystala
  • Members
  • 39 posts
  • Projects:How to adapt to THU
  •  Unofficial translator?

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:52 AM

Here's Crystala, an over-confident guy who's trying to translate all the thing he see here(and there).

Skill's bad, never tried(or dared) to play online.

I can't hold myself seeing this↓↓

NutCracker here i'm commonly seen in the LAN lobby of MO 3.0 come and play with me :thumbsupcool:.

Games i play? C&c Generals, Red alert 2, 3, TW, KW, Warhammer 40k DOW and Company of Heroes.

I Like? Pacific front, GLA, Empire of rising sun, orks and necrons, GDI and Norio.

I am? a human, decent and casual gamer, otaku, anywayyyy im out.

PF PWNS ALL!! PF + CHINA = EOTRS

(Smile)

ä¸ å¸.jpg

"Fight against imperialism of China!"

//Don't want to start a fight though.

Edited by crystala, 07 January 2014 - 05:37 AM.

#14 switchblade16

switchblade16

Just a Minion nothing to see here.

• Members
  • 246 posts
  •  Mental Omega's unoffical promo pic artist and Colony Wars Alpha Tester

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:58 AM

Introduction thread eh? :)

I'm known as Switchblade16.  Occasional gamer and what not.

A history of me in terms of gaming:

My first game was actually Red Alert 1, and ever since I became a fan of the series.  I was only able to finish RA2 and YR and RA3(not Uprising Though).  I also play Generals(Finished the USA Campaign), Zero Hour, C&C 3, and other games but C&C series loyalist since 1997.  I have also played other mods such as C&C Generals ZH Shockwave, Tiberium Essence, Tiberian Sun True Power, Red Alert 3 Reloaded, and of course, Mental Omega.

I occasionally mod the rules and rulesmd.ini of RA2 such that I unlock the Cosmonaut, grant Tanya and Boris a laser warhead for pistols and ak47 when they reach elite status, allow garrisoning of flak troopers and guardian gi's, aaaaaaand even make stallion, frankfurter, and westwood playable in skirmish LOL.  It's a just for fun thing which I hope to do the same in the beta rev 2 3 or 4 or RC of Mental Omega.

Other than that I'm an IT enthusiast.  Learning stuff such as Linux, Python, VB.NET, and stuff.  

DID SOMEBODY SAY DERP?

Libra: The Floor is Ice!
Malver: Under the guidance of Lord Yuri.
Rahn: What are we waiting for?

Lord Yuri: I have taught you all well, be of one mind, one vision, proselytes!

TXibgYC.gif

Spoiler

#15 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach

Supérior Caliburwielder

• Project Team
  • 2,187 posts
  • Projects:Infinty Engine modding, OpenHV, Attacque Supérior (sometimes)
  •  That guy you keep hearing the stories about.

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:16 AM

Hello, my name is Graion Dilach. 

I don't like VB.NET.

Edited by Zenothist, 07 January 2014 - 02:26 PM.
Fixed Graion's post to fit the topic better. Because moderator power abuse. :D

kuuHd4s.png6pDXsCS.png
n0J1wqE.pngIX8pBXZ.png

AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2

ComradeCrimson: AS is the product of Hungarian acid
ComradeCrimson: And magical hussars
Dutchygamer: and Weird Al.

#16 switchblade16

switchblade16

Just a Minion nothing to see here.

• Members
  • 246 posts
  •  Mental Omega's unoffical promo pic artist and Colony Wars Alpha Tester

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:29 AM

VB.NET... whyyyyy??? VB.NET is a malfestation of a malfestation. I miss BASIC. Yes, the one which people associates with ze Commodore.

It's popular in my country.  VB6 guy?

DID SOMEBODY SAY DERP?

Libra: The Floor is Ice!
Malver: Under the guidance of Lord Yuri.
Rahn: What are we waiting for?

Lord Yuri: I have taught you all well, be of one mind, one vision, proselytes!

TXibgYC.gif

Spoiler

#17 FiremariomkiZX 123-451-149

FiremariomkiZX 123-451-149
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:38 PM

===ESTABLISHING BATTLEFIELD CONTROL STANDBY===

Hello. This is an AI program created to imitate a being known as FiremariomkiZX. Naw, just kidding.

Been a fan of Command and Conquer for a long time, my first being Tiberium Sun. Fan of ALL the Red Alert series (Red Alert 3 is nothing but a huge love letter to Red Alert fans, stop bitchin' about it), Warhammer 40k, Tiberium (Does not want to play Tiberium Twilight though...), Mario, Mega Man... Just a gaming fan in general.

Also, crappy artist. Very crappy artist.

FiremariomkiZX, reporting in, Commander!

#18 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach

Supérior Caliburwielder

• Project Team
  • 2,187 posts
  • Projects:Infinty Engine modding, OpenHV, Attacque Supérior (sometimes)
  •  That guy you keep hearing the stories about.

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:02 PM

VB.NET... whyyyyy??? VB.NET is a malfestation of a malfestation. I miss BASIC. Yes, the one which people associates with ze Commodore.

It's popular in my country.  VB6 guy?

VB... VB is the original malfestation.

I mean BASIC. The real one. Not these twisted blarghs. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BASIC

Edited by Graion Dilach, 07 January 2014 - 05:02 PM.

kuuHd4s.png6pDXsCS.png
n0J1wqE.pngIX8pBXZ.png

AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2

ComradeCrimson: AS is the product of Hungarian acid
ComradeCrimson: And magical hussars
Dutchygamer: and Weird Al.

#19 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:04 PM

Hello, my name is Graion Dilach, Reaper of the Stupid People

I don't like VB.NET.

:p Don't kill me pls.

Edited by Petya, 07 January 2014 - 05:04 PM.

#20 I_Download_Stuff

I_Download_Stuff

Creative Thinker w/ Alot of Ideas

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • Projects:Red Alert: Global Revolution
  •  Some guy... IDK, WHAT can you think?!

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:17 AM

Hi guys, I'm quite new in the forums but not in the game.
I'm rather the late gamer if anybody asks my playstyle in multiplayer

I'm rusty in the whole game itself during skirmishes

And is there any high-ranking personnel in this forum that I can talk to cuz I got something they might take interest in
(It includes Nazi's and a whole new story re-do) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users