Photo

EAW Problems

9 replies to this topic

#1 Balac

Balac
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:46 AM

Recently deciding to start another game in PR, I've found that the game just wouldn't start. Tried a couple different things, compatibilty modes, whatever. Still didn't work. After that I decided to reinstall both base games and the mod, still didn't work. Tried installing into a different folder than program files (x86) and it still didn't work.

After those tries, I decided to install one at a time and test the games, and thus onto my problem. I install SWEAW and I've finally gotten it to run: awesome. Now I run the 1.5 patch and that's where I'm running into problems, trying to start the game I get an exception error. I have two downloads of the patch, one I recently downloaded for reinstalling the game, and one I downloaded back in 2012 which I used when I installed onto this computer the first time. I've had PR running before, but no ideas as to why I'm having problems.

Any ideas?

Balac

Edited by Balac, 10 January 2014 - 03:51 AM.

#2 evilbobthebob

evilbobthebob

evilbobthemapper

• Project Team
  • 2,304 posts
  • Projects:Phoenix Rising Maps
  •  Phoenix Rising Mapping Lead

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:22 AM

Make sure you install the Forces of Corruption v1.1 and Vista/64 bit patches, as well as the PR v1.2 64 bit patch. That should help.

The FOC 64 bit patch is here http://www.lucasarts...FOC1_1.html#fix and the PR patch is here http://www.moddb.com...t-ram-patch-fix

Edited by evilbobthebob, 10 January 2014 - 04:23 AM.

Phoenix Rising, head of mapping. Thanks to everyone who got us to the position below!
Posted Image

#3 Balac

Balac
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:34 AM

An update:

Retail EAW: Runs with a slightly longer than normal start-up time.

v1.5 EAW: Exception error, or simply nothing at all.

Retail FoC: Runs with long start-up time. (Required setting compatibility mode to XP SP3).

v1.1 FoC: Runs to (Loading...) screen then gets an exception error.

PR v1.2: Finally running, slightly longer start-up than usual with typical PR load times, slightly less performance than used to be. Of course that may be from using the GFFA campaign to see if it'd work.

Edited by Balac, 10 January 2014 - 07:42 AM.

#4 evilbobthebob

evilbobthebob

evilbobthemapper

• Project Team
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:47 PM

You shouldn't run in Compatibility mode, but as Administrator.

Phoenix Rising, head of mapping. Thanks to everyone who got us to the position below!
Posted Image

#5 Balac

Balac
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:20 PM

I do run as administrator, but setting compatiblity helped it start. (Same for PR, but took compatiblity off and it still works.)

For PR though, I have to wait for it to tell me it times out trying to authenticate the disk, telling it to retry then loads the game.

#6 evilbobthebob

evilbobthebob

evilbobthemapper

• Project Team
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 06:34 PM

That's odd. I run with a cracked No-CD required FoC executable so I don't have that problem.

Posted Image

#7 Balac

Balac
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:39 PM

I'll have to try that.

EDIT: Applied no-cd crack to EAW and FOC.

EAW, FoC and PR all start up quickly now, no problems. FoC crashes with no error message after the Petroglyph video plays.

Thanks for the idea bob!

Edited by Balac, 10 January 2014 - 08:30 PM.

#8 Balac

Balac
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 05:50 AM

Computer restart seems to have fixed the problem for FoC. Everything's running fine now.

#9 a.fake.name

a.fake.name

title available

• Members
  • 539 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 05:05 PM

Computer restart seems to have fixed the problem for FoC. Everything's running fine now.

Yeah, that's something that belongs at the top of the list of things you tried.

Playing PR when stoned is awesome

#10 Balac

Balac
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 04:30 AM

Haha, yea, restart was the first thing I tried before coming here.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users