Photo

Mentoring Market - Become a better player!

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 12 January 2014 - 07:07 PM

Hello everyone,

with the server generating more and more activity, we happily welcome many BFME1 players new to online games. As there is no need to start an organized, full-sized mentoring program at the moment, we will do it like this:

2xRfnTF.png

Every player may reply in this topic, if he or she wishes to receive some personally delivered advices.

Any player who would like to take part as a mentor should then answer and take over this one member seeking advice. This means that we will do it on a strict voluntary basis, hoping for some support amongst good players who are willing to invest their time. We know that there are enough ;)

It works as follows:

Player seeking advice:

• Reply here to request a mentor. Include information about what do you want to learn (1vs1, 2vs2, specific match up,.....). Might be helpful to Include timezone and some personal information.

What to expect from your mentor:

• giving advice both in-game and in chats, impart knowledge how to become a good/better player ;)

What your mentor expects from you:

• you are online at play-dates, you play on some kind of regulary basis (doesnt have to be every day of course), you show up and listen to your mentors advice.

Usually, a 'mentorship' takes as long as it takes, defined by the amount of time both sides are able to invest (eg 1-2 month with sporadical contact). Of course you can stay in contact, become friends, whatever ;)

You will get your own topic where you can discuss strategies and replays with your mentor.

Who can take part as a mentor?

• You don't have to be a 'pro' player to participate. We welcome everyone who has knowledge about: Basic strategies depending on matchup, build-orders, game structure/units, powerpoint progression, micro- and macromanagement.

We hope to see some feedback from new players and to see some experienced players helping out as well, like it is good tradition =)

~ T3A:Online Team

Edited by ICT, 12 January 2014 - 07:12 PM.

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#2 Randall

Randall
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 07:28 PM

If i could join on server, i can be able to colaborate with some players... 1v1,2v2,3v3,4v4,FFA.

#3 Wing

Wing
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:17 PM

I am so down for this.  I just recently installed everything and was seeking to find someone to play with to get into the game again.  I used to play waayyy back when the game was first realsed.  Then due to EA being stupid (go figure) was no longer able to play with my key online due to the one use rule even tho all I did was reformat my computer.  

Im someone who is a fast learner and someone who it rather easy to teach.  I play lots of rst and strategy games so this is no different. 

Play Times: Any pretty flexable

Timezone:EST

Seeking: 1v1 Im looking to learn all the match ups and have an ability to play all the match ups decently

VC: I would prefer someone who has voice chat, just because of the advantage of teaching and learn with vc

Edited by Wing, 12 January 2014 - 11:21 PM.

#4 y0shi

y0shi
  • Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:32 AM

Mentor:

Hi, I'd like to volunteer as a mentor.

I got experience in all mu's 1vs1 and also 2vs2. I've already been through these kind of processes before, so I am not unfamilliar with it. 

My time zone is gtm+1  and I am very flexible.

My english writing is excelent, my speaking is also decent. I also speak swedish and polish fluently if it matters, and my german is "ok" :p

#5 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:47 AM

Very nice, you 2 can start right away --> http://forums.revora...ary-y0shi-wing/

In fact, I know that y0shi is even capable of doing VC (well, at times his laptpo mic is working :p)

Have fun!

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#6 Light

Light
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:32 AM

what a good program :)

ok. i'm looking for a mentor too. it's 1 year i'm playing bfme 1 consistently. I've learned many things but still have some big problems. for example i don't know 1.how to play with rohan 2. how to play against mordor

1v1 i'm real noob :p but better 2v2

i'm more interested to play 2v2 and learn some strategies on this kind of playing

timezone : +3:30

#7 y0shi

y0shi
  • Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:50 AM

:)

Edited by y0shi, 13 January 2014 - 11:58 AM.

#8 Dunedain'

Dunedain'
  • Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 12:44 PM

Hi  

I Can Mentor For 3v3 or 4v4 , Its Gonna Be Fun And I Take It Siriously :)

I Know Much About 3v3 & 4v4 

My GMT +5:30 hours

#9 ketis

ketis
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:05 PM

its a good program for noobs.but i think many pros havent more time for mentoring mentees.gl

#10 Guest_Artemis_*

Guest_Artemis_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:11 PM

Well ketis since only pros don't have time you should be volunteering as a mentor. =P

#11 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:44 PM

Plus, the opening post stated that mentors don't have to be pro.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#12 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:29 PM

Indeed, we care about the community, and I am sure every pro likes to see that the game attracts some new talents.

Helping others and sharing your own personal motivation why this game is so good is what keeps the community alive =)

Light, you will learn together with Wing from y0shi. I've added you to the topic.

Everyone else, we wait for you :p

#13 WoolyMammoth44

WoolyMammoth44
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:30 AM

Hi, I'm kinda new to BFME 1 and I was wondering if I could get a few tips, just on the forum every once in a while. I can't have a consistent mentor because of a hectic schedule so maybe just some pointers every now and then?

Thanks!

#14 Fishy

Fishy
  • Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:57 AM

Well why not to start on site specified for Replays, Strategies and such ? :-)

http://www.gamerepla...show=strategies

Also if you swing your mouse on the "Strategies" tab you will see the tips and strategies sorted into armies, team and Tips of the Week :-)

#15 Eneoji

Eneoji
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:33 AM

I've played BFME for a while but never really had anyone to help me out and still am a total noob haha.

1v1 and 2v2 would be nice.

Time Zone: Pacific Time.

I'm a college student at Woodbury University in California so I'm a little busy haha. Tuesdays and Thursdays are an absolute no for me as I have 6 classes each day from 10am to 9pm but any other time is fine for me as I'm on my PC a lot. I played on official servers when they were up being terrible, quit to find out they were shutdown and then switched to Gameranger, but everyone there is just bashful since I'm a noob ;~;. Hopefully better results here!

#16 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:59 AM

Hi, I'm kinda new to BFME 1 and I was wondering if I could get a few tips, just on the forum every once in a while. I can't have a consistent mentor because of a hectic schedule so maybe just some pointers every now and then?

Thanks!

Yes sure, just ask when you got something ;)

#17 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:55 AM

I've played BFME for a while but never really had anyone to help me out and still am a total noob haha.

I'm a college student at Woodbury University in California so I'm a little busy haha. Tuesdays and Thursdays are an absolute no for me as I have 6 classes each day from 10am to 9pm but any other time is fine for me as I'm on my PC a lot. I played on official servers when they were up being terrible, quit to find out they were shutdown and then switched to Gameranger, but everyone there is just bashful since I'm a noob ;~;. Hopefully better results here!

I'll try ti find someone close to your timezone :)

#18 Eneoji

Eneoji
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:48 AM

I'll try ti find someone close to your timezone :)

Thanks :) I'm on a lot like 8pm - 4am Pacific so it should be pretty flexible.

#19 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:00 PM

I didn't get an answer so far, but maybe someone else has time to help out? Report in, guys :)

#20 Fishy

Fishy
  • Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:49 PM

Guys I should be able to help. Most of you know me and I can provide BFME knowleage overall factions and type of games.

I can not guarantee that I will have lots of time but I can spare some time for sure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users