Artemis' ClanWars diary

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Artemis_*

Guest_Artemis_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:43 AM

Hi,

since this forum now features a clanwars area I thought I'd create a little diary in which I post my clanwars games. Due to this being a diary I'm going to post virtually every game, whether I won or lost. Only criteria is that it is entertaining or helpful for newer players in some way (e.g. showing a strategy). I almost exclusively play 2v2, mostly with Orange (known here as Finnick Odair), so if you're looking for 1v1 games you're probably not going to find a lot of them.

Anyway, I realize there's probably little interest for this but maybe a couple people will find this helpful. <:)

All games were played on 1.04 if the description doesn't say otherwise.

Attached File  Isen_Mor_vs_Roh_Mor_bd.rep   295.56KB   194 downloads

Isen (me), Mordor (Orange) vs. Rohan (Ganjaman), Mordor (J2C2KL)

Good game vs bd. I had a solid start and put good pressure on Mordor, while also managing to get a rank 3 Uruk battalion with the help of eye and war chant. Tried to combo rush the Mordor early but an early land by Rohan stopped my attack. Rohan (Ganjaman) generally played really well in this game and put good pressure on us, but rain paired with Mordor LD just destroys Mordor Rohan in this match up unless Mordor has mass catapults. J2 losing Nazgul carelessly multiple times didn't help either.

Attached File  Roh_Isen_Mirror_vs_bd.rep   129.4KB   156 downloads

Rohan (me), Isen (Orange) vs. Rohan (J2C2KL), Isen (Ganjaman)

Good start from us. Seeing his horses were out soon and remembering his clanmate |bd|Dracula doing the same thing to me with Orcs, I decided to put my rank 2 peasents to good use by gaterushing J2 (|bd|Manwe) and killing a farm of his. They were never able to recover after their bad start and the game ended quickly with a combo rush.

Attached File  Roh_Gon_vs_2Isen_vs_dTm.rep   132.29KB   162 downloads

Rohan (me), Gondor (Orange) vs. 2 Isen (Xehanort & Ryan)

After a decent early game, Orange opted for combos as Gondor while I went 2 horses Theoden ups instead of the usual Rohirrim Archers + Gondor horses due to the host being ultra laggy. When he had 5 or so combos w/ fara LD, they had 2 Sarumans but no upgrades. After managing to kill their Sarumans the game ended quickly before they could even get close to rain.

Attached File  2_Mor_vs_Mor_Gon_vs_dTm.rep   227.16KB   182 downloads

2 Mordor (Orange & me) vs. Mordor (Xehanort), Gondor (Ryan)

Pretty gay match-up from our perspective. We played alright but due to Orange losing citadel to Xeha's (dTm`Roar) 2 Nazguls he couldn't get WK out in time for our attack on mid, resulting in our army getting owned. We lost shortly after.

Attached File  Gon_Mor_vs_Roh_Mor_vs_dTm.rep   166.18KB   185 downloads

Mordor (me), Gondor (Orange) vs. Rohan (Stiwie), Mordor (Xehanort)

Orange tried a new start by defending with starting soldiers, which didn't work out well cause Xeha wasn't silly enough to fight soldiers + eye with his peasents. Due to that we had a terrible early game and even though Xeha dc'ed in the middle of the game, Stiwie had loads of money and managed to fend off our army with mass trolls. We lost shortly after.

Attached File  2_Roh_vs_Roh_Isen_vs_dTm.rep   452.6KB   188 downloads

2 Rohan (Orange and me) vs. Rohan (Stiwie), Isen (Xehanort)

Very hard match-up, but we managed to get a decent start. After seeing Stiwie (dTm`Nymeria) opting for Eomer -> RA, I decided to not get upgrades for my RA but get Ents instead. We managed to kill all of Rohan's base except for 3 farms, but in the end they fend off our attack. We continued to pressure both their bases, but eventually their army was just too strong with rain and I just couldn't get those last 1 1/2 points to AoD. Neverless, this replay shows how a nice alternative strat by the 2 rohan.

Attached File  Roh_Mor_vs_Isen_Mor_vs_dTm.rep   324.77KB   177 downloads

Mordor (me), Orange (Rohan) vs. Isen (Stiwie), Mordor (Xehanort)

Another Rohan Mordor vs. Isen Mordor game. Again we started well and continued to pressure them throughout the mid game, never allowing them to leave their bases. While we wrecked havoc with mass horses supported by WK, I took mid and built up an army of trolls, catapults and combos simultanously. They defended vs. our first attack by the use of rain but I was that rich that we just attacked with another army after rain ended. Shows how to pressure Isen/Mor well as Roh/Mor and that mass catapults are op as fuck.

Attached File  Isen_Mor_vs_Gon_Roh_vs_dTm.rep   167.73KB   178 downloads

Mordor (me), Isen (Orange) vs. Gondor (Ryan), Rohan (Xeha)

Pretty straightforward game. I got Mordor (as always) and managed to hold my farms early game because of Ryan putting land before I had even chosen a spell, so I just covered his land and killed his soldiers quickly. Xeha tried a huge peasent spam but Orange's offensive pit start allowed him to defend rather well. We had a decent army of combos, Lurtz, trolls & drummers reasonably early in the game so we just finished up Xeha before he even had fire for his RA.

Attached File  Mor_Roh_vs_Isen_Roh_vs_dTm.rep   346.73KB   195 downloads

Mordor (again me :o), Rohan (Orange) vs. Isen (Xeha), Rohan (Ryan)

A hard MU for us, but early game went pretty good so I had loads of money as Mordor, enabling me to get fast trolls and drummer and eventually WK to fend off their first attack. Orange tried baserushing Isen w/ 5 horses and shields, which didn't work out very well (he lost 3 horses xD). They took the safe route by taking mid and waiting it out for rain, which was a good choice considering I had like 6+ trolls with drummer and WK. Due to Orange's choice of going 5 horse -> shields -> ups instead of 3 horse -> ups -> combos, our combos were significantly late, which meant we couldn't attack mid properly before it was too late. Rain and mass combos won them the game.

Edited by Artemis, 14 January 2014 - 12:16 AM.

#2 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:33 AM

I moved your topic into the Clan Wars discussion. ;)

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#3 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:35 AM

Very nice, especially with the comments entertaining to read!

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#4 Orange

Orange

BFME Online

• Project Team
  • 142 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:36 AM

Arty ! :w00t:   you are looking good  =P 

really nice diary m8, keep it going. =)

Especially this game "Mordor (me), Orange (Rohan) vs. Isen (Stiwie), Mordor (Xehanort)" was a really gg. 

Edited by Finnick Odair, 13 January 2014 - 09:55 AM.

love is the closest thing to magic
Posted Image
Clanwars Awards: 14x Gold 9x Silver 2x Bronze as Hermione , Gil-galad , Murtagh` and Skyfall

#5 AddEyron

AddEyron
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:48 AM

Which patch is played on cw.cc? And do you guys use t3a online to play clanwar games or gameranger?

#6 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:49 AM

They use both, I think. Orange and Echo are trying to get more CW players to use the T3A:Online server (because it is superior!).

#7 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 13 January 2014 - 12:12 PM

@AddEyron, most cw games are played on 1.04 to my knowledge, but some are 1.05 as well.

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#8 AddEyron

AddEyron
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 12:15 PM

okay so it doesnt matter which patch ure playing. your opponent just has to use the same one...?!

#9 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 13 January 2014 - 12:17 PM

Hmm fishy is cw admin he has to answer that, but patch 1.04/1.05 are both based on 1.03 without balance changes in between, therefore both are allowed I think.

#10 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 12:21 PM

okay so it doesnt matter which patch ure playing. your opponent just has to use the same one...?!

Playing any BFME game, CW or not, requires all participating players to use the same patch. 

#11 Echo

Echo

T3A:Online

• T3A Staff
  • 1,069 posts
  • Projects:Lot3A
  •  ~~
  • Job:T3A Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 13 January 2014 - 12:43 PM

I think you could even play a mod or a different patch in CW if the opponent agrees and you can trust him to report. However, in case it happens you'd have to deal with unreported matches then because you can't expect the CW admin to download the mod and check the replay file. Most cw's are played on 1.04 though.

26285.png

#12 Guest_Artemis_*

Guest_Artemis_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:01 PM

Glad there are some peope appreciating it. :)

Games in CW are played on 1.04 almost exclusively. I will add it to the start post.

#13 Guest_Artemis_*

Guest_Artemis_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:15 AM

Added 2 new games. :)

#14 Fishy

Fishy
  • Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:59 AM

Official CW patches are 1.03, 1.04 and 1.05.

Of course you can play on other patches or mod but admin wont provide any support on this.
The only problem is when you act suspicious and admin want replay from the games to check the situation then I ll void any game on official patches/mod since I cant check it.

#15 AddEyron

AddEyron
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 10:27 AM

Okay, I just got the impression that most of the online games are played on 1.05 but all the cw replays are on a different version than mine. That's what I was wondering about. Thanks guys

#16 y0shi

y0shi
  • Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:24 AM

If you want to watch any replays posted in this topic, that are played on 1.04, then simply remove your 1.05 file, and you should be fine, you'll still get message that the game is from a different version, but it should play properly.

#17 Fishy

Fishy
  • Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:59 PM

Okay, I just got the impression that most of the online games are played on 1.05 but all the cw replays are on a different version than mine. That's what I was wondering about. Thanks guys

That is because 1.04 patch is more reliable for competitive playing.

#18 Orange

Orange

BFME Online

• Project Team
  • 142 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 04:03 PM

If you want to watch any replays posted in this topic, that are played on 1.04, then simply remove your 1.05 file, and you should be fine, you'll still get message that the game is from a different version, but it should play properly.

That is because 1.04 patch is more reliable for competitive playing.

exactly

Posted Image
Clanwars Awards: 14x Gold 9x Silver 2x Bronze as Hermione , Gil-galad , Murtagh` and Skyfall

#19 westi4882

westi4882
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:12 PM

I´m quite new here and I was wondering why not all players play the same patch...

Are there big differences between 1.04 and 1.05?

I just played 1.03 years ago  :smile2ap:

#20 Orange

Orange

BFME Online

• Project Team
  • 142 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:07 PM

Alatar? =) aka KingZ|SiNNeR? welcome back m8 :D 

well 1.04 is like 1.03. The gameplay is just a bit faster which is really cool. 

1.05 is a patch with some bugs and has terrible gameplay for units. 

But soon there will be a 1.06 patch for all players and then we don't need to switch anymore :)

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users