#1 Tyhednus

Tyhednus

title available

• Members
  • 459 posts
  •  Casual mod player and AS tester

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:57 PM

Hello, fellow commanders.

Lately I have been playing MO online a lot. I am not doing that bad, but I always struggle late game, where the opponent has a huge army which I cannot counter . I am usually playing as Psicorps, EA, Scorpion cell or Confederation.

For example what I mean: In a game someone PF has a huge army in its base. I ,as EA, send units to counter in groups. For example: Harriers against blizzards and zephyrs and other units. But I cant seem to destroy them. And I also have two bases. 

Some tips might help, please.

#2 Hecthor Doomhammer

Hecthor Doomhammer

Live Streamer

• Project Team
  • 1,282 posts
  • Projects:Livestreams
  •  C&C mods Livestreamer

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:58 PM

I've seen tat Soviets can stick to T2 for a very long time, especially LC  with Borillo's with Ivans and Bomb Buggies.

keep applying the pressure as long as possible to prevent your opponent from teching up fast.

Keep sending smaller forces rather than wait patiently until you have a large army of your own.  It can really screw up the playstyle of your opponents, and of course, learn to micro your forces into attacking from multiple directions at the same time

Streamer of Rise of the Reds, Mental Omega and other mods

xqbQD6S.jpg

#3 Seth

Seth
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:28 PM

You can try and micro some Legionnaires with waypoint to take out the stronger units and you can just mass T1 tanks(Is really effective)

Also make use of Siegfried(EA) or just any other hero, tank columns are easy targets for Siegfried since he deals some good damage to units in a large area.

You can make some T3 units as well, like Charons that are Super effective vs units, make combo units like T1 tanks + T3 tanks and Thors that when deployed give a good resistance vs enemy fire, +40% on armor is just what you need. Also make use of Mirages since they are dedicated AT now(think of a Tank Destroyer and Mirage combo) they are too very effective vs tanks.

• "Hold position" decreases speed by 50% while increases armor by 40% for 30 seconds.

You shouldn't have any problems with any subfactions(except LC, SC and sometimes US) in late games since they have pretty strong units.

Try to play more as China and I tell you that you will win most of late games. Just go for Nuwas + centurion and Yunru and some Sentinels and Dragonflies to support them.

Edited by Seth, 21 January 2014 - 04:29 PM.

#4 Dutchygamer

Dutchygamer
  • Members
  • 38 posts
  • Projects:Frontline Chaos mod leader, Twisted Insurrection AI coder
  •  MO China (ab)user

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:14 PM

I would say Psycorps and EA shouldn't have much problems, as they either MC the enemy's army or crush it with a combination of Prism Tanks, Mirage Tanks, Thors and Siegfried. LC also have the rather hefty Catastrophe Tanks which can also go head-on vs most armies. As with SC: unless you have another SC or USA as enemy, you are not so lucky if they hit tier 3 :p

arrsig2_zps6612865a.png

#5 X1Destroy

X1Destroy

title available

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:38 PM

SC in a head to head steamrolling fest..........

Anything other than Brute Spam?

"Protecting the land of the Free."
efXH1rz.png

#6 Tyhednus

Tyhednus

title available

• Members
  • 459 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:19 PM

I've seen tat Soviets can stick to T2 for a very long time, especially LC  with Borillo's with Ivans and Bomb Buggies.

keep applying the pressure as long as possible to prevent your opponent from teching up fast.

Keep sending smaller forces rather than wait patiently until you have a large army of your own.  It can really screw up the playstyle of your opponents, and of course, learn to micro your forces into attacking from multiple directions at the same time

I already use that, but not much, because of the costs. I also have a variation on the Borillo, but with Drakuvs filled with Desolators, tesla troopers, pyros, ivans and Morales.

You can try and micro some Legionnaires with waypoint to take out the stronger units and you can just mass T1 tanks(Is really effective)

Also make use of Siegfried(EA) or just any other hero, tank columns are easy targets for Siegfried since he deals some good damage to units in a large area.

You can make some T3 units as well, like Charons that are Super effective vs units, make combo units like T1 tanks + T3 tanks and Thors that when deployed give a good resistance vs enemy fire, +40% on armor is just what you need. Also make use of Mirages since they are dedicated AT now(think of a Tank Destroyer and Mirage combo) they are too very effective vs tanks.

• "Hold position" decreases speed by 50% while increases armor by 40% for 30 seconds.

You shouldn't have any problems with any subfactions(except LC, SC and sometimes US) in late games since they have pretty strong units.

Try to play more as China and I tell you that you will win most of late games. Just go for Nuwas + centurion and Yunru and some Sentinels and Dragonflies to support them.

I will keep that in mind. I do not like China very much. I prefer speed and durability.

I would say Psycorps and EA shouldn't have much problems, as they either MC the enemy's army or crush it with a combination of Prism Tanks, Mirage Tanks, Thors and Siegfried. LC also have the rather hefty Catastrophe Tanks which can also go head-on vs most armies. As with SC: unless you have another SC or USA as enemy, you are not so lucky if they hit tier 3 :p

Actually I can hold out pretty well with SC using Dizers, Tyrants and other units.

Plague splatters, Tyrants, mantis, Gatling, Dizers, speeders, Malver combo.

What is micro exactly? I have heard about it a lot, but I do not know what it exactly is.

#7 UprisingJC

UprisingJC
  • Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:29 PM

What is micro exactly? I have heard about it a lot, but I do not know what it exactly is.

Micromanagement.

#8 X1Destroy

X1Destroy

title available

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:33 PM

Plague splatters

Nobody want to waste cash on them when there's not a single infantry on the map but armies of battle tanks.

And yeah, because it's a tier 3 unit. And SC isn't about tech rushing so by the time you got them out, you're either facing nasty stuffs or you have won already.

Malver? 2 robot tanks near the ore field and it's done.

Edited by X1Destroy, 21 January 2014 - 08:37 PM.

"Protecting the land of the Free."
efXH1rz.png

#9 Tyhednus

Tyhednus

title available

• Members
  • 459 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 05:39 PM

Plague splatters

Nobody want to waste cash on them when there's not a single infantry on the map but armies of battle tanks.

And yeah, because it's a tier 3 unit. And SC isn't about tech rushing so by the time you got them out, you're either facing nasty stuffs or you have won already.

Malver? 2 robot tanks near the ore field and it's done.

When you have about 6,7 or 8 Splatters you can destroy much buildings with ease. I keep Malver always away from detector units.

#10 Tyhednus

Tyhednus

title available

• Members
  • 459 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 05:39 PM

Micromanagement.

And what is that exactly. I have a slight idea, but not the whole picture.

#11 UprisingJC

UprisingJC
  • Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:09 PM

Micromanagement.

And what is that exactly. I have a slight idea, but not the whole picture.

It contains a lot of things. Here I'm just listing a few of them.

1.Soviet miners would mostly stop right next to the ore refinery for a short period of time when they're getting back to place the ore. You can manually order it to place the ore in the ore refinery WITHOUT STOPPING NEXT TO IT FIRST to make their work more efficient. On the other hand, miners in Red Alert Series are often stupid as they tend to collect farther ore instead of the closer one. By manually ordering them to collect the closer ore helps you boost your economy more efficiently.

2.When your troops are having a combat with the enemy, You may order some of your troops to deal with certain enemy units first and focus their fire to eliminate the enemy troops more efficiently. The other instance is that if you have less tanks than your opponents do and unfortunately you encounter your enemy, you need to order your TARGETED tanks to move around and let the rest to stand out for it. A player who knows micromanagement can defeat those who doesn't even if he has less troops than they do, but not always.(If you only have 1 tank but your enemy has 10, even micromanagement couldn't help that much.)

Micromanagement is all about "DOING THINGS MORE EFFICIENTLY".

Edited by UprisingJC, 23 January 2014 - 06:04 PM.

#12 Seth

Seth
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:57 PM

A simple way to micro is to use teams, hit Ctrl 1,2,3 etc.. when you selected some units to group them. Then you can easy press the teams key and make combos eg:

Have some AT units with key 1, Anti-Infantry with key 2, AA with key 3 and so on..

Taking the damaged units behind so they don't get killed, learn to dodge enemy defenses(yeah talking about BAMB BAGGIEEES).

You can micro for example a Hero to inflict serious damage than just sending him to enemy base and shoot whatever he wants, thare are many things you can micro but you can just search 'Micromanagement in RTS' and start reading.

Also there is Macro too, that means mostly heavy ore collecting and steamrolling the enemy with lots and lots of units, while on the other hand with micro you can use just a few without having many loses and just piss of the other player.

#13 Tyhednus

Tyhednus

title available

• Members
  • 459 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:39 PM

Thanks for the tips and information, people. Maybe I will see you on the battlefield some time.

Edited by Tyhednus, 23 January 2014 - 05:40 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users