• Project Team
  • 1,192 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega Almost Perfect Yunru's Revenge Version 3.0
  •  Why am I not in the Centurion?

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:01 PM

:p

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by lovalmidas, 21 January 2014 - 01:11 PM.

30m70ag.png

Mental Omega on the web:
fbbutton.png ytbutton.png mdbutton.png dsbutton.png
IRC: #menthosogma (Rizon)

#2 UprisingJC

UprisingJC
  • Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:13 PM

"The Mirror" style is the best way to go for most of the time.

A player should decide what to do depending on the movement of his enemy.

I sort of have no idea the description about "The Turtle" style.

Do you mean SURROUNDING YOUR OWN BASE WITH T1 DEFENSES AT THE BEGINNING OF A MATCH?

That'd be a suicide though.

Edited by UprisingJC, 21 January 2014 - 01:14 PM.

#3 lovalmidas

lovalmidas

Yunru Kanegawa. Go figure. Go mental.

• Project Team
  • 1,192 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega Almost Perfect Yunru's Revenge Version 3.0
  •  Why am I not in the Centurion?

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:27 PM

The Mirror has a lot of advantages due to the greater focus on rock-paper-scissors logic in MO3.0. It can still be countered though, for it depends on knowledge of the enemy. Gap Generators, Chimera Cores, and the support powers are effective counters to such styles.

And I don't think many players can handle "I shall build A to counter your X that counters my B that counters your Y that counters my C" logic. :p

I defined 'turtles' a lot more broadly than most people apparently do. To me, "turtling" is a playstyle that employs base defences as a significant, if not integral, part of its army. As such I included base crawling tactics under that category. Such tactics can help mask certain subfactions' weaknesses (Base defences for US and SC can make up for their poor armor). Underestimate turtles at your own risk. I'm not sure if the broader definition should still be called turtling, but that's currently the closest I can think of. :p

Surrounding your bases with T1 defences in the early game is just poor economic choice that comes under 'turtling' too.

30m70ag.png

Mental Omega on the web:
fbbutton.png ytbutton.png mdbutton.png dsbutton.png
IRC: #menthosogma (Rizon)

#4 UprisingJC

UprisingJC
  • Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:21 PM

Spoiler

I'm curious about a few things in the build order(No offense, just wanna know the reasons).

1.Building an Airforce Command Center right after a war factory? Why?

What I usually build after a war factory is the 2nd oil refinery and whether to put it near the primary ore field as the 1st ore ref is or near the 2nd ore field depends on the map I play on. By doing this I should be able to boost my economy ASAP.

2. Making 4 miners from the war factory? 

I may also do this but it still depends on what my opponent is doing and what map I'm on, but for most of the time I will only make 2 miners from the war factory and build the 3rd oil ref before going for T3. That means I'll have at least 5 Chrono miners before going for T3. 

For instance, on some small 1v1 maps such as Dune Patrol and Blood Feud(I mention them both as they exist in vanilla YR and are simple, almost no terrain factor included.), I won't go for 4 miners from the war factory, maybe 2 at most as those maps are very small.

#5 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:22 PM

You have desecrated my sacred topic dedicated to the Epsilon Headquarters. :p

#6 Seth

Seth
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:53 PM

Well since it got in this heres what I do.

Barracks -> 3-4 dogs -> Refinery -> PP -> Radar -> War Factory -> 1 Miner -> PP -> Tech Lab -> Nuwas -> Muhahahahaha -> Win.

Sometimes I add some more Miners and 1 more Refinery if there aren't any Oil Derricks on map. Also if there are gems I use 2-3 Miners.

Some might think I am doing it wrong but it works.

#7 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:13 PM

I don't think that you can build Nuwas if you play as HQ. :p Exception: that gametype.

#8 mevitar

mevitar

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Hosted
  • 1,971 posts
  • Projects:Doom Desire
  •  (◉ _ ◉)

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:22 PM

Moved some posts into a new topic, because it wasn't about HQ anymore. :p
You can continue the discussion here.
ded signature

(◉ ᗝ ◉)

#9 Zaker

Zaker
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:26 AM

Interesting read!
Would love to see moar strategic tactics like these.

#10 SlySluavity

SlySluavity
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 01:28 PM

I presume having doing this is bad habit? Once my Barracks is built,  I throw in GIs with mandatory dogs to assert map control, and I opt for two pillboxes around the Refinery and Warfactory mark, the latter of which comes before my second Refinery and Radar. 800 isn't much, and I feel it helps with some rushes while my men are elsewhere.

#11 UprisingJC

UprisingJC
  • Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:14 PM

I presume having doing this is bad habit? Once my Barracks is built,  I throw in GIs with mandatory dogs to assert map control, and I opt for two pillboxes around the Refinery and Warfactory mark, the latter of which comes before my second Refinery and Radar. 800 isn't much, and I feel it helps with some rushes while my men are elsewhere.

Do not spend too much money on T1 defenses at the beginning of a match.

#12 X1Destroy

X1Destroy

title available

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:24 PM

Currently I'm use bulldogs+repair IFVs+robot tanks rushing when I play as USA.

Warhawks in a group of 4 are highly devastating, but in fewer numbers they're just mere flies ready to be swatted out of the sky.

It's alots easier to win the battle by rushing and using only tier 2 units. Sure it isn't all that fun, but the longer the game last, the more frustrating it become.

Late game playing as USA against Soviets is just.........plain nuts.

Edited by X1Destroy, 23 January 2014 - 03:26 PM.

"Protecting the land of the Free."
efXH1rz.png

#13 Toveena

Toveena

baLANcE KUrwa

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • Projects:PSM
  •  バイツァ・ダスト

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:59 PM

When the next patch arrives(God knows when),Light factions with these strats will be able to shine.

As for now, the strats only sounds good on paper, some may not even work on a large 1v1 map.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users