Photo

Poll: new ATRTR/NR ships (again)

56 replies to this topic

Poll: New ATRTR/NR ships

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Which ships would you want added to a future edition (again)

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 a.fake.name

a.fake.name

title available

• Members
  • 539 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:29 AM

If done right, I see the Assassin as the perfect ship to, early on in campaigns, use as the go to ship to build in bulk at the start.

Playing PR when stoned is awesome

#22 megabalta

megabalta

title available

• Project Team
  • 302 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:27 AM

I really like the CR90s and NebulonBs as they are cheap and (for me) very useful all around starships (and have the most starwars feeling of all starships besides the ISD). So if they could be effectively and visually upgraded to newer models (Assassin and NB2) as a late research to be useful in late games, I'd be really happy.

#23 skie9173

skie9173

Rebel (not so) High Command

• Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:25 PM

Defender startighters as part of new class, maybe carrier compliment only since they lack a hyperdrive. If they have a standard upgrade path make them tough, moderately fast superiority fighters maybe with lure or missile jamming at higher levels.

Or an interesting idea I just had, if it is codable. Make Golan station compliments upgradable, either as a whole or each station level individually.

T-wings, a cheaper superiority option to X-wings, maybe with both light concussion and proton munitions at higher levels

Make the Dauntless-Class more heavily armored than comparable Mon Cal designs, with a much greater focus on Turbolasers with a few missile tubes focused front. Higher credit and pop cost with weaker shields as its downsides.

Edited by skie9173, 11 February 2014 - 02:32 PM.

There is no emotion, there is peace. There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity. There is no death, there is the Force.

#24 johnchm.10

johnchm.10

ALL HUMANS ARE VERMIN IN THE EYES OF MORBO!

• Members
  • 738 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:14 PM

not a fan of the Defender design. it seems kinda pointless when you figure that literally every other rebel fighter has missiles.

well, you could go into the xmls for the golans and change them there

T-wings were mainly sold off because they were shown to be a poor replacement for A-wings.

no argument on the Dauntless. 

#25 skie9173

skie9173

Rebel (not so) High Command

• Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:27 PM

Both the fighters would make good starting forces/neutral forces in a campaigns actually. I presented them with the idea that PR is sandbox/what-if based it could be interesting to see how those designs would have developed with more focus.

I agree with the Defender somewhat, but for New Class completeness I think they would need to be added eventually.
T-wings I just have a strange obsession with, maybe it's an underdog thing lol.
Both would be low priority. If I ever have the time, I'll make T-wings myself, I started one in v1.1
There is no emotion, there is peace. There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity. There is no death, there is the Force.

#26 johnchm.10

johnchm.10

• Members
  • 738 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:35 PM

i was referring to them being buildable

unless you turn turn the Defender into a monster that can chase down a late model TIE/IN or a TIE/Defender x8 or 9.

honestly if Defenders are just compliments, id just change them out to another fighter

#27 a.fake.name

a.fake.name

title available

• Members
  • 539 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:58 PM

I say put the Defender on NR stations, especially Golans, as part of the compliment, if they get put anywhere.

#28 Kitkun

Kitkun

Hater

• Members
  • 903 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:11 PM

One ship I'd like to see is the Bothan Assault Cruiser as a heavy rebel combatant.

Frosty Freaky Foreign Forum Fox

<DevXen> Today I was at the store and saw a Darth Vader action figure that said "Choking Hazard." It was great.

#29 a.fake.name

a.fake.name

title available

• Members
  • 539 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:15 AM

With the Mon Remonda and the new class receiving so many votes prehaps it may be better to roll those ships into one single package.

The MC-80B cruiser ought to be VERY interesting to see ingame, as it's a ship that can stand against SSDs and survive.

#30 johnchm.10

johnchm.10

• Members
  • 738 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:39 PM

eh.

the BAC is a good ship, and i know for a fact that at least one model exists for it, its just that it was built following the end of the GCW, therefore outside the scope of the mod, i feel.

perhaps the 80B could have a combo of the Liberty and Reef Home's armaments. that is to say Dual Heavy Turbos. instead of Duals or Heavies.

that would give it a good punch and an explanation how the ship was considered strong enough to be the center of a fleet sent to go after what was at the time, an 8Km behemoth. further upgrades could add additional guns or secondary armaments like point-defense guns that all the Mon-Cal ships seem to lack.

Edited by johnchm.10, 26 February 2014 - 01:48 PM.

#31 a.fake.name

a.fake.name

title available

• Members
  • 539 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:13 PM

Ok if were gona discuss the 80B.........
http://starwars.wiki...iki/Mon_Remonda

http://starwars.wiki...0B_Star_Cruiser

48 turbos (12 foward/aft/port/starboard
20 ions (8 front, 4 per other arcs)

6 tractor beams

That's according to wookiepedia.

And since this is a NR ship thread I'd also like to point out that wookiepedia also says the regular MC-80 is supposed to ALSO have ions, something it doesn't in PR (hint hint).

Now, for the 80Bs loadout in PR, personally I say have that 48/20 be only for the heavy guns (IE: 48 heavy turbolasers and 20 heavy turbo ions)
The port/starboard guns should all or mostly all be able to fire foward (with at least half of the foward guns able to fire left or right)
Past that, I'd suggest giving it at least several triple heavy batteries, and a mix of doubles and about half as singles.
Or to break it down:

Foward Arc---two tripple heavy turbolaser turrets, ten heavy turbolaser turrets. two tripple heavy turboion turret, six heavy turboions.
Port/Starboard--Two tripple heavy turbolaser turrets, ten heavy turbolaser turrets, one heavy tripple turboion turret, three heavy turboion turrets
Aft-- one triple heavy turbolaser turret, 11 heavy turbolaser turrets, four heavy turboion turrets

I would suggest that some of the port/starboard armament be able to fire in the foward arc, and some to the rear as well.
If it is too powerful, downgrade some of the regular heavy mounts to regular double turbos/turboions.

If the model does get ported, I'd recoment each of the bulges on the ship host a cluster that include the triples as well as some other guns.

It's shields should be at least equivalent to imperial battlecruisers, with slightly better regen speed/rate.

For map layering, I'd suggest have it be way down below like the SSD and other really really big ships.

#32 evilbobthebob

evilbobthebob

evilbobthemapper

• Project Team
  • 2,304 posts
  • Projects:Phoenix Rising Maps
  •  Phoenix Rising Mapping Lead

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:36 PM

While the Reef Home-class doesn't have ion cannons, the Liberty-class does; it's good to think of them as the Tector and ISD of the Mon Cal ships, though obviously scaled down.

Phoenix Rising, head of mapping. Thanks to everyone who got us to the position below!
Posted Image

#33 a.fake.name

a.fake.name

title available

• Members
  • 539 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:53 PM

Yeah, sorry bob but that is actually one of the bigger continuity errors in PR.

http://starwars.wiki...Home_(starship)

The Reef Home was a Liberty TYPE MC80 cruiser.

http://starwars.wiki...80_Star_Cruiser

Yeah, the Liberty and Reef Home types seen ingame were pretty much the same ship.

They just looked different because the Mon Cal's design each ship different.

#34 evilbobthebob

evilbobthebob

evilbobthemapper

• Project Team
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:02 PM

The only reason that Reef Home is shown as a Liberty-type on wookieepedia is because Reef Home was used as a unit name in Empire at War, while the only MC80 type in game was the LIberty-type.

Phoenix Rising, head of mapping. Thanks to everyone who got us to the position below!
Posted Image

#35 a.fake.name

a.fake.name

title available

• Members
  • 539 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:08 PM

Well that shows how much attention I paid to bothering to remember stock game, lol.

Ok, I thought that was a bit odd but usually wookiepedia doesn't make screwups that bad.

That said, my point still stands I believe, the two mainline mon cal ships are just two varriants of the same design.

Actually that could be fit VERY well into the new class, as a precursor of 'two designs from one ship'.
Actually, it could also lead to the new class having one research for each shared hull.

#36 a.fake.name

a.fake.name

title available

• Members
  • 539 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:58 PM

Oh, and since I haven't seen it asked, but hte PR site links to them.........
ultimate-empire-at-war.com/

^ Are any of their models easily portable to PR ?

edit: Also bob, are any of the maps you made for them portable to give us some more variety ?

Edited by a.fake.name, 26 February 2014 - 07:02 PM.

#37 evilbobthebob

evilbobthebob

evilbobthemapper

• Project Team
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:04 PM

That's a not really on both counts. There weren't really any novel models made that are worth having in PR and as far as maps go, they were all space. It's easy enough for me to rustle up a bunch more space maps if players feel that variety is lacking.

Posted Image

#38 a.fake.name

a.fake.name

title available

• Members
  • 539 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:08 PM

Well I'm only just installing it right now, so I dunno shit about what it has other than a brief browsing of their site.

I noticed on the map pack readme it mentioned room for SSDs on some of the space maps, and was just thinking most of the maps PR has are way too small for SSDs...

Personally I think pretty much all EAW maps (especially space) are just way too small, and all models could do with being scaled to half their current size to make the maps at least seem bigger.

#39 megabalta

megabalta

title available

• Project Team
  • 302 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:28 PM

He's got a point there. I've played another mod with bigger space maps, it was way more fun because I actually had to use tactics, maneuvering and could even do surprise attacks from FOW. And it didn't lag on my goodoldhardware.

Edited by megabalta, 26 February 2014 - 07:29 PM.

#40 evilbobthebob

evilbobthebob

evilbobthemapper

• Project Team
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:53 PM

I should point out that I used to work on UEAW before it died.

Anyway, the space maps I've made for PR are pretty big, effectively 30km x 30km at the scale in v1.2. That's ~3-4 times bigger than the vanilla space maps. There's a maximum size they can be made as well, without scaling up the skyboxes.

Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users