#1 Psionic Psychic

Psionic Psychic

yod vav resh

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Projects:Life
  •  Epsilon Scientist

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:46 AM

Hello peeps! This forum is for the units you think is OP.

But before that, here is a "OPness Meter" to know how much OP the unit you're mentioning.

Note: This is just my OPINIONS  :) 

OVERPOWERNESS METER (lowest to highest):

Not-so-OP

OP

Average OP

Super OP

OP TO THE MAX!

Ok, now the meter is now done, LETS START!

I'll be the first one to tell.

*Cyborg Prototype (Overpowerness : Super OP)

Well, the Cyborg Prototype is a stolen tech meaning they are hard to get. But when you manage to get one, you will be the most feared commander. A cyborg with chainguns and Nuclear Cannons can easily decimate a base with like just 10 or 5 of them. Some may tell the Cyborg Prototype is not OP, but play with it or with a commander having it then you'll see what I mean.

*Nuwa Cannon (Overpowerness : Average OP)

As we all know that the subfaction "China" is one (or is) the most powerful subfaction in the game. They have the Centurion, Yunru, Gyrocopter and more. But what is really nice about China is their Nuwa Cannon. This monstrosity can level bases with ease and they also have average armor to protect them from other forces. Most people say the Nuwa is OP, well maybe they are a bit right about it.

That is all for me. You can post your own opinion about what units are OP on MO and the devs might balance the OP units you thought OP.

(I know a lot of people hate opinions in the net but people who are doing the "hate" on opinions are just maybe going with the crowd so they will avoid shame. But if you are brave enough, DO IT  :thumbsuphappy: )

ZAdGcaJ.jpg

#2 Atomic_Noodles

Atomic_Noodles

Colony Hivemind

• Project Team
  • 854 posts
  • Projects:Red Alert - Colony Wars
  •  Colony Wars Hive Mind

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:54 AM

Flak Troopers - OP TO THE MAX

You can easily spam them, They deal Splash Damage, They can take out unattended Norio's

~ Getting cringe reactions when you see a RAINBOW means you have issues. ~

"This World is an Illussion,Exile" -High Templar Dominus

#3 Mister_Pants

Mister_Pants
  • Members
  • 55 posts
  •  Magical Legwear

Posted 30 January 2014 - 07:32 AM

Dogs. OP TO THE MAX. Taking out most infantry in one hit is absolutely outrageous! Nerf them until they can only play fetch and roll over, and have cute names like Spot, or Rex!

#4 I_Download_Stuff

I_Download_Stuff

Creative Thinker w/ Alot of Ideas

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • Projects:Red Alert: Global Revolution
  •  Some guy... IDK, WHAT can you think?!

Posted 30 January 2014 - 07:32 AM

Flak Troopers - OP TO THE MAX

You can easily spam them, They deal Splash Damage, They can take out unattended Norio's

+ They're more reliable form of anti-armor

#5 X1Destroy

X1Destroy

title available

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:07 AM

Sentinel: OP

Deal massive amount of damage per shot, instant hit projectile, have the biggest AOE that we have ever seen for an AA vehicle. No air unit or SCUD can get past.

Nuwa Cannon: OP TO THE MAX

Cost only 1900, is alots tougher than even Apocalypse. Deal massive amount of damage to everything on the ground from long range, radiation make infantry become useless.

Edited by X1Destroy, 30 January 2014 - 08:10 AM.

"Protecting the land of the Free."
efXH1rz.png

#6 RP.

RP.

Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 447 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega 3.0
  •  Mental Omega Mission Coder

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:15 AM

Dat Cows.

Posted Image

FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor ™

Mental Omega mission coder

#7 Martinoz

Martinoz

Just MK

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 1,621 posts
  • Projects:YR Argentina Webmaster
  •  Since April 2011
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:YR Argentina

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:22 AM

Nuwa Cannon - quite long range, outranging all of the MBTs, basic infantry, huge damage with splash and radiation. I dislike Nuwas because in direct combat they obliterate most of the ground forces in seconds, where infantry dies slowly because of their radiation.

Dat occupied unrevealed building in Hammer To Fall :E

Edited by Martinoz, 30 January 2014 - 10:23 AM.

• fff likes this

7fqd2Qz.png

#8 I_Download_Stuff

I_Download_Stuff

Creative Thinker w/ Alot of Ideas

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • Projects:Red Alert: Global Revolution
  •  Some guy... IDK, WHAT can you think?!

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:47 PM

Cost only 1900, is alots tougher than even Apocalypse. Deal massive amount of damage to everything on the ground from long range, radiation make infantry become useless.

Well... The Nuwa Cannon is meant for ANNIHILATION as the website says, so yeah that's why it's so freaking powerful

#9 Zaker

Zaker
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:44 PM

I believe every unit is OP if used properly. ;)

#10 SlySluavity

SlySluavity
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:16 PM

The Cyborg Prototype is all the more why Soviets dominate Infantry War, lol. From my end, I feel PsiCorps is pretty iffy as far as naval warfare is concerned.

Those Elites, man.

Edited by UrbaneVirtuoso, 30 January 2014 - 02:18 PM.

#11 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach

Supérior Caliburwielder

• Project Team
  • 2,187 posts
  • Projects:Infinty Engine modding, OpenHV, Attacque Supérior (sometimes)
  •  That guy you keep hearing the stories about.

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:19 PM

I feel Reapers being more OP than Cyborgs in actual gameplay tbh.
kuuHd4s.png6pDXsCS.png
n0J1wqE.pngIX8pBXZ.png

AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2

ComradeCrimson: AS is the product of Hungarian acid
ComradeCrimson: And magical hussars
Dutchygamer: and Weird Al.

#12 X1Destroy

X1Destroy

title available

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:24 PM

Well... The Nuwa Cannon is meant for ANNIHILATION as the website says, so yeah that's why it's so freaking powerful

I'm still wondering about the Nuwa being an epic unit and not a support vehicle. It's too strong and too cost-efficient at the same time.

An Apocalypse only have 950 hp, but this monster have 1300 hp and it always kill things first before they can fight back.

Edited by X1Destroy, 30 January 2014 - 02:26 PM.

efXH1rz.png

#13 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:53 PM

Apoc Tank is faster and the rate of fire is very good. Well it is a fact that in the current version an 1v1 between Apoc and Nuwa ends with a stalemate, but I still think that Apoc > Nuwa. Nuwa won't be an epic unit, because Centurion already has that role.

And stop saying that Nuwa is OP, because as I have said many times, it is going to be nerfed in the next version. >.>

#14 X1Destroy

X1Destroy

title available

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:55 PM

Nuwa won't be an epic unit, because Centurion already has that role.

It's not a suggestion, just my own speculations. It's too tough for a standard spammable unit.

Well it is a fact that in the current version an 1v1 between Apoc and Nuwa ends with a stalemate, but I still think that Apoc > Nuwa.

Not sure, but I still think Nuwa is better because It's cheaper.

And stop saying that Nuwa is OP, because as I have said many times, it is going to be nerfed in the next version. >.>

Well, this thread isn't about balance discussing to begin with..........

Edited by X1Destroy, 30 January 2014 - 03:57 PM.

efXH1rz.png

#15 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:27 PM

Nuwa ain't better than Apoc. Apoc is an all rounder unit with an excellent fire rate. Apoc spam has less weaknesses than Nuwa spam.

#16 UprisingJC

UprisingJC
  • Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:01 PM

Nuwa ain't better than Apoc. Apoc is an all rounder unit with an excellent fire rate. Apoc spam has less weaknesses than Nuwa spam.

Players are not likely to have Apoc tanks in online gameplay, unless.......

#17 lovalmidas

lovalmidas

Yunru Kanegawa. Go figure. Go mental.

• Project Team
  • 1,192 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega Almost Perfect Yunru's Revenge Version 3.0
  •  Why am I not in the Centurion?

Posted 30 January 2014 - 07:12 PM

The President was OP. That's why we killed him. :p

I am surprised no one mentioned Voltmortar. One would have thought a stealth artillery unit that pwns everything in a few hits will make it to the list.

30m70ag.png

Mental Omega on the web:
fbbutton.png ytbutton.png mdbutton.png dsbutton.png
IRC: #menthosogma (Rizon)

#18 Admiral_Pit

Admiral_Pit
  • Project Team
  • 100 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:44 PM

Well someone's gotta do it, and don't take it the wrong way, but...

-Wolfhound (in large groups):  Average OP

The one unit we almost if not always expect to see a lot of from most Russia players.  I'm just gonna say unless you're Euro with Thors, China with Sentinels, or PF with Battle Fortress + GGIs in em, you're gonna have difficult times.  The general point is that without AA with splash damage of the sort, good luck.  Not sure how a group of Oxys + Gatlings do though, I feel that you need just enough Oxys so that Gatling Tanks can actually shoot affected hounds.  Thankfully both those units can fire on the go.

As for Confed... From experience, they definitely have a difficult time with them...  That's unless you spam god knows how many Halftracks, I think.

It depends on how reckless players are.  If they charge in with em especially if you're one of the 3 subfactions I named at the beginning, then yay for you.  Thankfully, they'll be getting a speed nerf so you can pursue them easier.

-Voltmortar (just because lovalmidas mentioned em):  Idk what to rate it, but it's up there

As a person who has obtained Voltmortars a lot and fought em at times, I can say that these are fragile, but tough guys.  Their main feature is stealthed when not attacking.  So if your opponent has no detectors or not many dogs around, it's a means of sneaking around to a suitable spot, deploy, and kill buildings.  They do have a tiny bit of splash damage and are effective against practically any ground target except the ones that can take plenty of hits.  Mass these expensive, but strong guys, sneak em around a base, and pretty much destroy any building in mere seconds at long range.

As a bonus, they themselves are detectors; stealthy detectors like Shadow Tanks.  After all, they're all about:  "The art of surprise." -Voltmortar

In conclusion, these are one of the best stolen tech around, and you don't wanna have your opponent get them at all.  That's how fearsome they can be.  Thankfully it's just Stolen tech.

-Pyro:  Not so OP

As expected from their name, they're good against infantry and buildings, and they're good at what they do.  My only quarrel about them is that they're probably too effective for their current cost of $400 (I suggested $500).  With splash damage taking care of infantry groups well, a fairly good speed, amazing in groups, yea.

Thankfully they're terrible against tanks, can be run over, and are an uncommon sight outside of Borillo rushes.

But what do I know?  That's from my experience and my thoughts.

Edited by Admiral_Pit, 30 January 2014 - 08:44 PM.

"Knowledge is Power."  -Yunru

#19 Seth

Seth
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:53 PM

Engineer SUPER MEGA OP TO THE MAX OVER 9000

#20 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:10 PM

Conscripts are OP. The pile of their corpses always cover my units and suffocate them.

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users