15 replies to this topic

#1 Tyhednus

Tyhednus

title available

• Members
  • 459 posts
  •  Casual mod player and AS tester

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:29 PM

I have tried Brain Reset twice and the Kirovs wreck it at the end. I tried using the sams but they get destroyed early.

Some tips would help, please.

#2 Martinoz

Martinoz

Just MK

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 1,621 posts
  • Projects:YR Argentina Webmaster
  •  Since April 2011
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:YR Argentina

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:43 PM

Both of you must defend the frontline - place with 3 bridges, no matter what, stay there as long as possible but watch out for snipers which are paradropped on the west cause they will kill your Adepts in one shot. Stay away from them and Terror Drones with dogs, remember that your AI doesn't repair buildings. Trying to MC Blizzards is almost useless because they outrange Adepts.

Once you get the reinforcements, capture the tech power plant and tech Anti Air bunkers, power plant is needed to keep Tesla coils online and these AA bunkers because Hailfoxes/MiGs will slowly destroy your Tesla Reactors, capturing tech buildings is a must during middle-late game.

When your frontline is broken, retreat to the other choke point, keep as many Adepts alive as possible. Against air threats like Kirovs, Rocketeers, Hailfoxes, Black Eagles try to capture some anti-air units.

PS. We did a lot of mistakes, it was our first attempt but we made it.

Edited by Martinoz, 01 February 2014 - 12:56 PM.

7fqd2Qz.png

#3 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:23 PM

Potential units for capturing: Nuwa Cannon and Battle Fortresses. Whenever either of you sees these units then try to capture them. They provide lots of uses. Blizzard Tank capture is good, because against infantry masses it is efficient, but do it when the Blizzard Tank is focusing on something else.

#4 Tyhednus

Tyhednus

title available

• Members
  • 459 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:33 PM

I once captured those bunkers, but then there came rocketeers. I did not know that about the power plant.

#5 Martinoz

Martinoz

Just MK

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 1,621 posts
  •  Since April 2011

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:38 PM

For sure there is a one tech power plant where Aircraft Carriers are gathering nearby, capture it ASAP to have Flak Cannons and Tesla Coils online.

7fqd2Qz.png

#6 Tyhednus

Tyhednus

title available

• Members
  • 459 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:41 PM

Where is the other chokepoint?

#7 Martinoz

Martinoz

Just MK

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 1,621 posts
  •  Since April 2011

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:44 PM

Here and here

Attached Thumbnails

• 1.png
  • 2.png

7fqd2Qz.png

#8 lovalmidas

lovalmidas

Yunru Kanegawa. Go figure. Go mental.

• Project Team
  • 1,192 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega Almost Perfect Yunru's Revenge Version 3.0
  •  Why am I not in the Centurion?

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:15 AM

Well, from my own experience playing it (yay!):

(1) I try to maintain the frontline at the enemy side of the river at first. If possible, take out the Chinese airfields (the rest of the Chinese base is secondary).

(2) I retreat to the friendly side of the river when I see the first signs of Rocketeers/Gyrocopters. The bridges and the leftmost path can be secured by cliffy terrain, and are somewhat protected by friendly AA. Just beware of paradrops aiming for these same cliffs. The right bridge and the center two bridges can be defended easily, the left path and the left bridge are more difficult.

(3) When the first nuclear reactor goes down (by a Zephyr beacon bombardment), the defences at the frontline will most like fail. This is the time where I begin retreating from the river to the middle line (where the second nuke reactor is).

(4) Sometime after the Pacific Front navy arrives, you will be forced to give up the middle area to the area just north (the urban area with the tech SAM bunkers and the entrance to the eastern Russian base). I'll try to delay the enemy advance for a while). The urban area is difficult to hold, the entrance to the east base is easier.

(5) If I have not done so already, I'll grab some of the enemy AA to prepare for the Kirovs. Once you lose the urban area, the SAMs will be practically useless as they will be destroyed by the ground forces. So just bet on AA units. Remember to capture the SAM site just outside the Palace.

(6) The second final frontline is the leftmost and rightmost bases, and the cliff opening at the center. The left and center can be defended easily, the right less so.

(7) The final frontline are the cliffs around the Palace. When the Kirovs are dead and the power to the base isn't cut, you can hold it with a few Adepts.

It is not impossible to win this with only one player's input.

Edited by lovalmidas, 02 February 2014 - 01:18 AM.

30m70ag.png

Mental Omega on the web:
fbbutton.png ytbutton.png mdbutton.png dsbutton.png
IRC: #menthosogma (Rizon)

#9 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:36 AM

Against the Kirovs I suggest to try capture Battle Fortresses or Sentinels or if possible both of them. Well it can be hard due to the random nature of the mission, but it is rather easy when you spot them, because in 90% of the cases they travel alone (Sentinels usually in a pack of 3-4). Be warned though. Some Battle Fortresses have Eradicators inside of them.

Edited by Petya, 02 February 2014 - 08:39 AM.

#10 Tyhednus

Tyhednus

title available

• Members
  • 459 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:36 AM

Well, from my own experience playing it (yay!):

(1) I try to maintain the frontline at the enemy side of the river at first. If possible, take out the Chinese airfields (the rest of the Chinese base is secondary).

(2) I retreat to the friendly side of the river when I see the first signs of Rocketeers/Gyrocopters. The bridges and the leftmost path can be secured by cliffy terrain, and are somewhat protected by friendly AA. Just beware of paradrops aiming for these same cliffs. The right bridge and the center two bridges can be defended easily, the left path and the left bridge are more difficult.

(3) When the first nuclear reactor goes down (by a Zephyr beacon bombardment), the defences at the frontline will most like fail. This is the time where I begin retreating from the river to the middle line (where the second nuke reactor is).

(4) Sometime after the Pacific Front navy arrives, you will be forced to give up the middle area to the area just north (the urban area with the tech SAM bunkers and the entrance to the eastern Russian base). I'll try to delay the enemy advance for a while). The urban area is difficult to hold, the entrance to the east base is easier.

(5) If I have not done so already, I'll grab some of the enemy AA to prepare for the Kirovs. Once you lose the urban area, the SAMs will be practically useless as they will be destroyed by the ground forces. So just bet on AA units. Remember to capture the SAM site just outside the Palace.

(6) The second final frontline is the leftmost and rightmost bases, and the cliff opening at the center. The left and center can be defended easily, the right less so.

(7) The final frontline are the cliffs around the Palace. When the Kirovs are dead and the power to the base isn't cut, you can hold it with a few Adepts.

It is not impossible to win this with only one player's input.

I did not know the Chinese had airbases. I thought they were scripted to come out on the battlefield from norhing.

That sam site just outside the palace is not very strong, but useful.

#11 Tyhednus

Tyhednus

title available

• Members
  • 459 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:39 AM

Wow, what a lot of tips. Thank you very much.

#12 Tyhednus

Tyhednus

title available

• Members
  • 459 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:40 AM

Is there a big difference in difficulty between, easy, normal and mental?

#13 Tyhednus

Tyhednus

title available

• Members
  • 459 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:48 AM

For sure there is a one tech power plant where Aircraft Carriers are gathering nearby, capture it ASAP to have Flak Cannons and Tesla Coils online.

So I use all of the reinforcements for the teech buildings and the initial forcesstay where they are, am I right?

#14 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:55 AM

I don't know. Perhaps there isn't any kind of difference between difficulties. Perhaps on Mental the Chinese base launches attacks more frequently, but it is still questionable.

#15 Martinoz

Martinoz

Just MK

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 1,621 posts
  •  Since April 2011

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:51 PM

So I use all of the reinforcements for the teech buildings and the initial forcesstay where they are, am I right?

Yes, capture Tech Power Plant, Tech SAMs and other Tech buildings asap. Engies can't repair other buildings.

7fqd2Qz.png

#16 Tyhednus

Tyhednus

title available

• Members
  • 459 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:05 PM

I did it.

Together with (A) we did it. It took us two tries. At the second try I lost my first group very quickly. The second group went well. I realised that the player with the most defenses should take the power plant. The power stayed on. I lost my Adepts then because they glitched or something. I directed A to take sentinels and when he had one take them to the palace with the adept. The sentinels took down those kirovs and helped us through the rest after. And then it was mission accomplished. 

P.S. It was on easy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users