• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 08:27 PM

Quite fabulous news for the modding community indeed. Great work NDC =)

Just out of curiosity... the importer "only" works with umanoid infantry units right, not monsters like trolls, dragons and mumakil? 

Uhm, I know the H in "Humanoid" is silent, but come on.. You still write it :p Seriously though, there's no difference between humanoid units and the rest of them, so there's no reason it shouldn't work on all.

I dont know about you, but in the states we still pronounce the "H" in humanoid :smile2ap:

On topic nice work NDC. I wont ever use it. But the guys who need something like this will love it

#42 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 07 May 2015 - 09:42 PM

I dont know about you, but in the states we still pronounce the "H" in humanoid 

Indeed. I just saw his spelling and went for it, totally forgetting how it's actually pronounced. I apologize. Give my regards to Freedom!

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#43 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 10:02 PM

LOL. not as free as youd think in all honesty

#44 NDC

NDC
  • Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 11:43 PM

Quite fabulous news for the modding community indeed. Great work NDC =)

Just out of curiosity... the importer "only" works with umanoid infantry units right, not monsters like trolls, dragons and mumakil? 

Thank you, Nazgûl, I feel really chuffed!
If shortly, Auto-Binder can stomach everything that is bound to anything - i.e., if you work with a unit/object bound to a skeleton, it will be processed (irrespective of the object's nature).

It works with most of the bfme w3d files. You can import almost anything with binding if applicable however secondary rigging is not processed, but it most cases can easily be fixed.

That's interesting, because I clearly remember coding binding to secondary bones. Could it be because we might be using different versions?
Just in case, I'm attaching the version that I've been using and that (presumably) does secondary rigging. Please do let me know if it works alright!

Attached Files

Edited by NDC, 15 May 2015 - 12:18 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users