#1 Unknown

Unknown

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,314 posts
  • Projects:Work
  •  I changed

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:12 PM

Sup everyone, it's been a long time since I've been on here... The days get busier as they pass, I'm sure many will agree...

But anyhow, I actually came back to ask for some support on my passion, mixing nd producing, well more of mixing nd mashing for now, producing will take much longer..

So yeah, I'm a DJ, nd want to know what you all think of my work so far, I'm 8 months into learning (teaching myself).. My genre is actually electro music, focusing on electro house nd dubstep (which is almost dead  :thumbsdownsmiley:)..

So please if you want to, go listen to my stuff (with appropriate credit given)...

https://soundcloud.c...ien-sabz-nortje

Before anyone tries judging, these are mashups, I didn't create the original music, I only mixed the tracks to create a new feel to those songs...

If I'm not allowed to actually post this here then I apologize, you may delete this topic..

So yeah, please go listen, I would appreciate it nd if you want to make me really happy, then go like or download  :xcahik_:

Nd most importantly, leave any comments, feedback, ideas nd your honest opinion...

Also, if you want to, you may give me some song names that you want me to try nd mix for you in this topic...

Thanks everyone who supports  :p

#2 Irenë Hawnetyne

Irenë Hawnetyne

-

• Hosted
  • 3,073 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:45 PM

Moved to the music section.

Gotta say, not bad, not bad at all. Very clean transitions, you can't tell it's more than one song from those I heard. Hey, would you mind if I borrowed your skills sometime? I have something you might want to try, considering it's completely legal. Never been too sure on the legality of remixes, honestly.

"Everyone's a hero when there's nowhere left to run."

Auxiliary Skarn, 2333rd Cohort

#3 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 03 February 2014 - 04:15 PM

I dislike the genre, but I must say the mixes sound good. Well done.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#4 Elric

Elric

Designer

• Hosted
  • 2,857 posts
  • Projects:Middle-Earth Expanded
  •  Coder
  • Donated

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:00 PM

Even i like them :p Well done i suppose (That's as much praise as you will get from me eh?)  :thumbsupxd:

#5 Unknown

Unknown

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,314 posts
  •  I changed

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:49 PM

Thanks guys,I'll come up with something new soon so you can here my latest progress... Thanks for the comments  :thumbsupsmiley:

Moved to the music section.

Gotta say, not bad, not bad at all. Very clean transitions, you can't tell it's more than one song from those I heard. Hey, would you mind if I borrowed your skills sometime? I have something you might want to try, considering it's completely legal. Never been too sure on the legality of remixes, honestly.

Yeah sure.. When it comes to legal terms, you cannot claim money from a producers music nor create music videos (unless you get permission which is almost impossible)... Other than that, as long as you give credit then all is good  :grin:

Oh yeah, I was also going to ask if someone could make me a legit poster nd facebook banner :) I would be most appreciative 

Edited by Unknown, 03 February 2014 - 05:52 PM.

#6 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:08 PM

We need more DJs around here.  People may have very interesting projects for you.  And your jams are too legit to quit.  

FB banner... I could make one of those.  But I got too many other projects, unfortunately.  Ask Ren here.  He could make you something swish.

#7 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:45 PM

I could too, if you give me some specifications/wishes.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#8 Irenë Hawnetyne

Irenë Hawnetyne

-

• Hosted
  • 3,073 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:09 AM

I suppose it's rather redundant to say I could too. 

#9 Unknown

Unknown

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,314 posts
  •  I changed

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:12 AM

Haha, well I haven't really got any amazing ideas on a banner... DJ SABz is pretty much the key to it..

I actually wanted the name to blend in with the letters being different, kinda like Hardwell:

135863583_640.jpg

But obviously not as plain... Haha, but I trust you guys with the creativity part, you all will most likely make a better idea than I would :p

#10 Unknown

Unknown

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,314 posts
  •  I changed

Posted 05 May 2014 - 10:40 AM

https://soundcloud.com/dj-nuk3m

so I got a name, been playing at a few clubs, fixed my Soundcloud nd posted a 30 min mix, hope you guys enjoy :D

#11 Irenë Hawnetyne

Irenë Hawnetyne

-

• Hosted
  • 3,073 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:11 AM

I liked the first breakdown before the synths, but... I can't do thirty minutes of a single electro track. Metal and classical are good for long tracks, but I find electro songs need to be short too sustain my attention.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users