Photo

.xml files: Anyone want to make a blank template/example as a teaching guide ?

5 replies to this topic

#1 a.fake.name

a.fake.name

title available

• Members
  • 539 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:46 PM

Anyone want to help me modify an existing .xml file into a blank template and teaching guide ?
Basically, add comments to each line of data explaining what is known about it.

Playing PR when stoned is awesome

#2 megabalta

megabalta

title available

• Project Team
  • 302 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:03 PM

There are several types of xml files for units, particles, galaxy maps etc. What exactly do you want to do?
You'll find a beginners tutorial with some tips on .xmls here.

#3 a.fake.name

a.fake.name

title available

• Members
  • 539 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:14 PM

Well to start with, I was just wanting to learn how to edit stats and loadouts as a way to test ideas.

#4 megabalta

megabalta

title available

• Project Team
  • 302 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:30 PM

Use this to mod .meg files (config.meg contains the .xmls). Just make a copy of the meg file first, in case you kcuf something up. Tweaking stats of units is pretty selfexplanatory. For anything else (theres mastercard) you'll need an experienced modder to explain how it's done.

#5 SpardaSon21

SpardaSon21

title available

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:18 PM

One of the things I've done to my personal copy of PR and you should not do unless you have a computer you know can handle it, is I doubled the space pop caps for the skirmish factions, seeing as that's what I play due to not having the patience for a full GC where I've got to start off managing several planets and fleets.  I know someone made a smaller GC where both the Rebels and Empire start off with one planet with the rest owned by independents and have to go from there, and if anyone knows where that is, I'd love to play it.

#6 a.fake.name

a.fake.name

title available

• Members
  • 539 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:45 PM

I havent at the moment, but I often add about 40 to the space cap and it does fine for me on my old ass PC, but I do a mix of skirmish and GC.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users