Photo

New to MO 3, some questions

Best Answer lovalmidas, 28 February 2014 - 07:52 PM

So for nostalgia's sake I decided to reinstall RA2 and this mod. Last time I played was a looooooong time ago and I pretty much forgot everything about the game, so please bear with me here :D

1. I played skrimish on several maps and I noticed I couldn't build a naval yard or naval units. Is there a special mode I have to be in or something?
Some maps have been modified not to allow naval units. The most obvious examples are the land-only maps. If you think there are maps that disallow naval builds but you believe they should be, tell us the names.

Islands game mode currently guarantees the availability of naval build.

2. What is the relationship between the difficulty setting in the options menu and the difficulty setting when choosing an AI in the skirmish set up menu?

The former is with regards to the singleplayer campaign. The latter is for the specific AI used in the skirmish. The setting in the options menu has no effect on your skirmish/multiplayer gameplay.

3. Is there a way to attack move? (to have my units move somewhere attacking all enemies in the path) Also, is it possible to rebind move, attack, etc. to the right mouse button instead of the left similar to games like Starcraft?

I think it is Ctrl-Alt-left click. I might have to check though.

4. How do I access the co-op missions?

The co-op missions are available in the multiplayer (LAN) lobby under "Co-operative Missions". These are not available in singleplayer skirmish.

5. Last time I played MO I remember there being a mode or something where you could build all of a faction's units no matter what a sub faction you were. Does this still exist?

Yes. It is called Unholy Alliance. The way to access them is the same as (4).

6. How do I deal with heavy air as Epsilon HQ? Gatling tanks / cannon don't do nearly enough damage.

For slow heavy air, deployed Colossi will do the trick. (Note: "Deployed" is important here). An Archer mix might be handy.

7. What is the ======== Custom Maps ========= option when I select a map? It's always the last entry in the list and doesn't seem to be able to be played on.

This is just a map separator to prepare for the possibility of fanmade/custom maps outside the MO3.0 mixes. The map is not supposed to be playable (for now) :p

8. How do I repair units / infantry as each faction?

Only Allies can repair infantry - via the Medic infantry unit. For units, the Allies can use repair IFVs by taking an engineer and entering a Stryker/Archon/Tsurugi IFV unit. Alternatively, there is the Backwarp support power from the Battle Lab. For Soviets, they have the repair drone drop (with a War Factory), and the Crane. For the Epsilon, they have the repair Stinger, which is an engineer + a Stinger unit. 

Thanks!

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Altair4

Altair4
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:29 PM

So for nostalgia's sake I decided to reinstall RA2 and this mod. Last time I played was a looooooong time ago and I pretty much forgot everything about the game, so please bear with me here :D

1. I played skrimish on several maps and I noticed I couldn't build a naval yard or naval units. Is there a special mode I have to be in or something?

2. What is the relationship between the difficulty setting in the options menu and the difficulty setting when choosing an AI in the skirmish set up menu?

3. Is there a way to attack move? (to have my units move somewhere attacking all enemies in the path) Also, is it possible to rebind move, attack, etc. to the right mouse button instead of the left similar to games like Starcraft?

5. Last time I played MO I remember there being a mode or something where you could build all of a faction's units no matter what a sub faction you were. Does this still exist?

6. How do I deal with heavy air as Epsilon HQ? Gatling tanks / cannon don't do nearly enough damage.

7. What is the ======== Custom Maps ========= option when I select a map? It's always the last entry in the list and doesn't seem to be able to be played on.

Thanks!

Edited by Altair4, 28 February 2014 - 07:35 PM.

#2 NutCracker

NutCracker
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:45 PM

6) Colossi, Irkalla, Invaders, masses of Archers

7)The maps u make go under that name.

1) U can only build a Naval yard when there are large bodies of water in the map.

For the rest, try exploring the game first.

Edited by NutCracker, 28 February 2014 - 07:48 PM.

#3 lovalmidas

lovalmidas

Yunru Kanegawa. Go figure. Go mental.

• Project Team
  • 1,192 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega Almost Perfect Yunru's Revenge Version 3.0
  •  Why am I not in the Centurion?

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:52 PM   Best Answer

Some maps have been modified not to allow naval units. The most obvious examples are the land-only maps. If you think there are maps that disallow naval builds but you believe they should be, tell us the names.

Islands game mode currently guarantees the availability of naval build.

The former is with regards to the singleplayer campaign. The latter is for the specific AI used in the skirmish. The setting in the options menu has no effect on your skirmish/multiplayer gameplay.

I think it is Ctrl-Alt-left click. I might have to check though.

The co-op missions are available in the multiplayer (LAN) lobby under "Co-operative Missions". These are not available in singleplayer skirmish.

Yes. It is called Unholy Alliance. The way to access them is the same as (4).

For slow heavy air, deployed Colossi will do the trick. (Note: "Deployed" is important here). An Archer mix might be handy.

This is just a map separator to prepare for the possibility of fanmade/custom maps outside the MO3.0 mixes. The map is not supposed to be playable (for now) :p

Only Allies can repair infantry - via the Medic infantry unit. For units, the Allies can use repair IFVs by taking an engineer and entering a Stryker/Archon/Tsurugi IFV unit. Alternatively, there is the Backwarp support power from the Battle Lab. For Soviets, they have the repair drone drop (with a War Factory), and the Crane. For the Epsilon, they have the repair Stinger, which is an engineer + a Stinger unit. 

Thanks!

30m70ag.png

Mental Omega on the web:
fbbutton.png ytbutton.png mdbutton.png dsbutton.png
IRC: #menthosogma (Rizon)

#4 Altair4

Altair4
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 08:28 PM

Wow, thanks for the quick responses!

0 user(s) are reading this topic