Photo

T3A:Patch 1.06 Support

Best Answer Mathijs, 01 March 2014 - 10:53 AM

Are you having trouble downloading or installing the patch, either using our T3A:Online Launcher or manually? Post here and we'll help you get it resolved.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 BFME-Karl

BFME-Karl
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:50 AM

Hi,

I've been having a bit of trouble after I downloaded the 1.06. When I try to start the game it says the requested operation requires elevation.

Anyone got an idea how to fix it?

#2 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:51 AM

Hi,

I've been having a bit of trouble after I downloaded the 1.06. When I try to start the game it says the requested operation requires elevation.

Anyone got an idea how to fix it?

Right-click your BFME1 shortcut, set it to Windows XP service pack 2 Compatibility Mode, and then run the shortcut as administrator.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#3 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Job:Leader

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:53 AM   Best Answer

Are you having trouble downloading or installing the patch, either using our T3A:Online Launcher or manually? Post here and we'll help you get it resolved.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#4 Jack Bailey

Jack Bailey
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:56 PM

Hi I just downloaded the 1.06 patch, after applying it I log on the online server can create games however the start button is faded out so won't let me click on it.
Any help will be appreciated Thanks

#5 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:03 PM

Did you use the T3A Client update installer? Or just the manual installation?

Which BFME version do you use? Forshires online edition? Original?

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#6 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:08 PM

Just to clearify, you need to have players in the room to be able to start a game online.

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#7 GDSORELTU

GDSORELTU
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:15 PM

Edit by ICT: Topic split and moved to the support topic.

Problem was about: Messed up installation

------------------ Original Post

Cant do this step: launcher does not launch

Workaround

a) If you already installed T3A:Online 1.3.0 do as follows:

• Uninstall T3A:Online 1.3.0
  • Install T3A:Online 1.1.0 from here (http://online.the3rd...BFME1_1.1.0.msi)
  • Install the T3A Patch 1.06 manually by downloading Patch 1.06 and extracting it into your main installation directory which is either "C:/Program Files(x86)/EA GAMES/The Battle for Middle-earth ™/" or "C:/Program Files/EA Games/The Battle for Middle-earth ™/"
  • Do not update the client to 1.3.0 afterwards.

Edited by ICT, 02 March 2014 - 07:13 PM.

#8 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:21 PM

As we have spoken, this might help: please uninstall Forshires online edtion, then install it again.

Then, download http://online.the3rd...BFME1_1.3.0.msi and install

#9 GDSORELTU

GDSORELTU
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:24 PM

the link does not work

When downloaded the link: 1 window appears and says: "you need to patch BFME 1 to version 1.03 to install T3A:Online"

then another window says:

"THE T3 ONLINE FOR BFME 1  WIZARD  SETUP ENDED PREMATURALLY"

Edited by GDSORELTU, 02 March 2014 - 06:33 PM.

#10 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:34 PM

Are you sure you are using forshires online edition? Did you uninstall and reinstall it?

If you did so do afterwards

• Download Patch 1.06 and extract it into your main installation directory which is either "C:/Program Files(x86)/EA GAMES/The Battle for Middle-earth ™/" or "C:/Program Files/EA Games/The Battle for Middle-earth ™/"
  • Do not update the client to 1.3.0 afterwards.
  • Do as it is written here: http://www.the3rdage.net/item-788

#11 GDSORELTU

GDSORELTU
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:36 PM

Im lost mate sry

i have nothing left about BFME on my pc. I installed forshire's edition and you said to uninstalled it for your link  http://online.the3rd...BFME1_1.3.0.msi  that does not work. So what should i do?

And what is the T3A Online 1.3.0 i have to uninstall where can i find it? Those steps may be so easy for you but i dont understand anything at your topic :(

Edited by GDSORELTU, 02 March 2014 - 06:43 PM.

#12 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:40 PM

Okay it seems you uninstalled forshires online edition. Now do:

#13 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:01 PM

Why 1.3.0? Don't you mean 1.1.0?

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#14 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:08 PM

Why 1.3.0? Don't you mean 1.1.0?

Yeah you are right this is confusing here. GDSORELTU wants to play on the server as he told me, but the installation is screwed up.

Edit: Topic moved to support

GDSORELTU, please try what I wrote above.

Edited by ICT, 02 March 2014 - 07:15 PM.

#15 GDSORELTU

GDSORELTU
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:25 PM

ok i did the 3 steps

whats the next ordre master? :)

#16 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:28 PM

come online!

it should work now ;)

#17 Failroko

Failroko
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 06:34 PM

So i keep trying to download it but it just opens another tab and nothing comes up on the tab. I'm not sure never had a problem like this. I turned off my pop up blockers. I have BFME 2 but not ROTWK yet still waiting for it in the mail.

#18 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 08 February 2015 - 06:43 PM

Do you speak about the patch 1.06 for bfme 2 ? If yes, just try google our file seems to be down at the moment.

#19 Failroko

Failroko
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 07:17 PM

Yes sorry for BFME 2 the 1.06 patch, I don't know why but it just keeps opening into another tab and nothing comes up. Never experienced this before so im a bit baffeled

#20 Failroko

Failroko
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 07:24 PM

werid got it to work thanks anyway

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users