• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 elabard

elabard
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:36 PM

hello everybody,
i have just installed the online edition and updated the t3a client to the last version with 1.6
everything works fine but i am not able to set the correct screen resolution. Or better, i have edited the option.ini to 1366 768, the black bars disappears and the image is stretched horizontally. however i have noticed that the view is somewhat cropped at top and bottom, is this an expected behavior? i have tried to add the _WSmaps.big ...but this only increase the map view for both resolutions.
thanks

Attached Thumbnails

• 1024x768.png
  • 1366x768.png

#2 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:55 PM

This is not a patch/server issue. The game does not natively support your custom resolution, so while the actual screen resolution is changed, the game's ingame menu is stretched due the apt files not supporting your resolution. Happens to everyone with a custom options.ini resolution. 

Some people here have made attempts to fix this, but nothing conclusive has been achieved (yet).

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#3 Bofur

Bofur

The Bolicious One

• Hosted
  • 1,766 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Firstborn
  •  The Bolicious T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:22 PM

The unofficial 2.02 team say their apts are free to use by anyone, but I'm not sure if it works the same in BFME1 as Rotwk. It's fine for me though...

And about the zoom, the wsmaps.big is what you want.

left64_by_obsidianlake-d5ruayp.pngAotF.pngright64_by_obsidianlake-d5ruf44.png

#4 elabard

elabard
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:39 PM

This is not a patch/server issue. The game does not natively support your custom resolution, so while the actual screen resolution is changed, the game's ingame menu is stretched due the apt files not supporting your resolution. Happens to everyone with a custom options.ini resolution. 

Some people here have made attempts to fix this, but nothing conclusive has been achieved (yet).

perhaps i didn't explain myself... i understand that the map is stretched (and distorted) to fit the larger width... but i do not understand why is it cropped at top and bottom...i would have expected a distortion in width but the same view in heigh as in the "native" resolutions.
it's not a big issue...i will stick to the standard resolutions to have more sight...but since i am a computer scientist at core...i just would like to know why this strange behavior takes place.
thanks

#5 ModdingMaster

ModdingMaster
  • Members
  • 17 posts
  • Projects:Akatsuki's Mod
  •  Modding, Mapping, Codes, APT

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:21 AM

I know, the problem is that you can not use the F12 key for screenshotting. ;)

bannia10.pngdacora10.png

#6 elabard

elabard
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 01:30 PM

I know, the problem is that you can not use the F12 key for screenshotting. ;)

?? what do you mean ??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users