Patch 1.06 and TEA:CE 1.2

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Celebel

Celebel
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 10:42 PM

I upgraded to 1.06, using the manual installation from the website. Awesome work by the patch team, btw. Many thanks for the continued support for this fine old game. On a whim, I fired up TEA:CE 1.2 and received the following message. Now that TEA appears to be completely archived, I just wanted to get the information out in front of the community in case someone else was feeling nostalgic. Once again, great work and thanks to the community's continued support of BFME!

Attached Files

#2 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:01 PM

Playing TEA:CE is very important to me! =O

I am sure that if this is the case then the community will fix it. =D I suppose I will wait until a TEA:CE1.3.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#3 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:36 PM

Uh-oh, this is likely related to our making the vanilla Elrond hero more usuable for mappers.

Help.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#4 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:58 PM

Use the same file, remove references to Elrond etc, add it to _patch106teace.big and voila?

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#5 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:02 AM

Yeah, that'll do it.

#6 Echo

Echo

T3A:Online

• T3A Staff
  • 1,069 posts
  • Projects:Lot3A
  •  ~~
  • Job:T3A Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:16 AM

Most likely that's because the TEA team defined the experience awards in weapon.ini while we defined it in the gamedata.ini where it belongs.

26285.png

#7 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:26 AM

Most likely that's because the TEA team defined the experience awards in weapon.ini while we defined it in the gamedata.ini where it belongs.

Do you think you're able to fix it in TEA's code? I'd like to support our mods, and if we fix it we can release a new TEA...

#8 Echo

Echo

T3A:Online

• T3A Staff
  • 1,069 posts
  • Projects:Lot3A
  •  ~~
  • Job:T3A Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:19 PM

I don't know, I heard there are problems concerning gamedata.ini when using the -mod command way, thus they might have defined macros in weapons.ini. I'm not too experienced with modding the -mod command way. I could take a look at their code the coming days but my experience with -mod command is limited as I stood away from that because using gamedata.ini is not possible that way.

26285.png

#9 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:01 PM

Yep, I checked TEA's code and they are defined in weapons.ini.

But using gamedata.ini in -mod command is possible (using the preconverted ini packages), check here: http://www.the3rdage...4?apage=64#page

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users