• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 _mclovin

_mclovin
  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 05:18 PM

Hi, I've got a problem.

I already followed tutorials about adding glows to "firearowtip", but without good result...

The tutorial I followed as principal example is http://www.the3rdage...?apage=392#page and I tried to "translate" it to 3ds max, because I use it.

The firearowtip mentioned is firearowtip bone or firearowtip mesh?

If the answer is mesh, I did correctly...but in the illustrated export settings, the option "Export transform (bone)" is checked...so I think the tutorial is referred to arowtip bone.

Article_FA5.jpg

The problem is that if I try to export also geometry for the arowtip bone (as illustrated in the same picture), it gives me the error "Geometry Nodes with duplicated names found! Duplicated Name: FIREAROWTIP",

because I've got also the arowtip mesh in my model.

Anyone can help me to solve my problem?

#2 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:03 AM

You do not need to have the FIREARROWTIP bone in the scene if you have the FIREARROWTIP mesh. The mesh will export and act as if it is a bone in the animations. That is why you are having issues with duplicates.

So have your FIREARROWTIP mesh set up with the proper texture settings and w3d settings, and do NOT bind it to the FIREARROWTIP bone. You can remove the bone entirely from the scene.

Also, you do not need to check off 2Side if you are using Cam-Orient. Cam-Orient makes it so the front is facing your screen at all times, so the back side is irrelevant.

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

#3 _mclovin

_mclovin
  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:40 AM

I removed the FIREAROWTIP bone, unchecked "2-sided" w3d option, but still in game I can't see the blue glow on the model...I really don't know what I'm doing wrong

#4 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 25 March 2014 - 08:19 AM

Are you trying to have it be visible from the start? EA has coded it so that FIREARROWTIP is hidden by default through LUA coding, so for it to show up would have to un-hide it with a behavior.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#5 _mclovin

_mclovin
  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:16 AM

Not from the start, just when I unlock it in the eregion forge.

I added a toggle weapon feature to the Elven Rivendell Lancers, and I wanted them to be able to update to silverthorn arrows.

Everything works fine, except the glow that doesn't show as the upgrade is bought...

Edited by _mclovin, 25 March 2014 - 09:22 AM.

#6 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:18 AM

Have you checked to see if the silverthorn effect is visible and functional in w3dviewer? If it works correct there, then there is an issue with code that is not making it show up.

#7 _mclovin

_mclovin
  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 12:27 PM

I can't work anymore with w3dviewer...it shows no more the main window...just the object controls panel.

I tried uninstalling and re-installing it, cleaning the registry, but always the same thing.

#8 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 25 March 2014 - 12:34 PM

Something is not right then, w3dviewer should work fine. Are you trying to use the one with the BFME2 mod SDK?

#9 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 25 March 2014 - 12:35 PM

If the BFME2 mod sdk one does not work (I've had the same error you have), clearing the registry *will* fix it. You just have to be very, very thorough. Delete anything related to w3d viewer.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#10 _mclovin

_mclovin
  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 12:51 PM

Thanks, I've found the correct keys to delete :)

Gotta delete the contents of Westwood studios > W3DView > Window.

Now I can try the glow effect in w3dviewer

#11 _mclovin

_mclovin
  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:00 PM

Well...I'm trying to test it with w3dviewer, but the fact is that the model i need uses rohirrim animations, and I don't know how to test those animations on my model

#12 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:31 PM

Just put the rurohirrim_ animations in the same folder as your model and drag them all into w3d viewer.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#13 _mclovin

_mclovin
  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:37 PM

W3dviewer shows the rohirrim animations applied to the rohirrim model, not to mine.

Something wrong?

#14 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 25 March 2014 - 02:18 PM

Yes, under the Object tab in W3D Viewer, unselect the "Restrict Animations" option.

This will allow any animations to be used with any mesh. If your custom mesh is using the correct animations you imported, everything should display correctly.

#15 _mclovin

_mclovin
  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 02:39 PM

Thank you, now it works.

But unfortunately I can't see the firearowtip in w3dviewer

#16 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:09 PM

Then there is something wrong with your model. Are you sure you're referencing the correct texture?

#17 _mclovin

_mclovin
  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:28 PM

I think so...

Please look at the screenshot, maybe I'm doing something wrong...

That material is applied to the firearowtip mesh

Attached Thumbnails

• MatEditor.jpg

Edited by _mclovin, 25 March 2014 - 03:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users