Photo

New Shipyard Systems

1 reply to this topic

#1 johnchm.10

johnchm.10

ALL HUMANS ARE VERMIN IN THE EYES OF MORBO!

• Members
  • 738 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:11 PM

Right then, as we all know, the UI in this game is probably one of the biggest flaws it has.

here's my take on how to fix the space aspect of it

I know I've brought the idea up before, but this is on its own thread

Space Colony: this remains the same, although i personally would like to see the stations have some armaments.

Golans: unchanged. although i would also like to see some Anti-fighter armaments. seriously. even a bank of E-webs would help

Yards:

Yard One: Fighters and Bombers, and Corvettes

Yard Two: Corvettes, Frigates, and Light Cruisers
Yard Three: Light, Medium, and Heavy Cruisers

Yard Four: Heavy Cruisers and Destroyers
Yard Five: Anything above Destroyer-class

All Yards get the option to build Tugs, which makes sense, given that i would think that all Shipyards would have Tugs as part of their normal operating resources

Trade Platforms:

All Transports and Freighters will be built here.

These are also modified somewhat. Instead of having 4 Transports and 1 Freighter, we have larger groupings to simulate convoys. 12 Transports per group, 4 Freighters per group. if larger income-producing units get introduced, then those are single ships.

from the platforms you can also research a bounty/salvage system and/or a discount on units from certain companies or something like that

Research Stations.

If possible, I would like these to be able to operate autonomously without having any of the yards.

I'm also thinking having TWO different Stations. One for Researching New units, and the other for upgrading them, but that one i'm not as concerned about, or one could deal with the ships from yards one through three, and the other could deal with yards four and five, as well as ships from the Trade Platform

this way you could have planets that are specialized in what they can do, and it makes sense when you consider that the home office or R&D labs of a company might not necessarily be where the main shipyard facilities are. 

the main appeal here is that the UI has the possibility to be less clogged up, especially if you lock planets so only One type of shipyard can be built in orbit, not including Trade Platforms.

#2 a.fake.name

a.fake.name

title available

• Members
  • 539 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:57 PM

Also, can we get the factory station models made use of too ?

Playing PR when stoned is awesome

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users