Photo

game mode idea for those with lag (if it's possible anyway)

25 replies to this topic

#21 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 06:32 PM

Personally I'd rather just make the fleet respawn each battle to prevent that.

Sometimes I just use raiding parties to slip in under the fleet and take control of the planet which destroys all space stations, then I'll build a couple planetary turolasers and then bring in my fleet. :p

Aside from the obvious unplug the internet and kill all other possible processes (windows, too), no not yet.

Damn...

Don't take anything I say seriously, EVER!

#22 a.fake.name

a.fake.name

title available

• Members
  • 539 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 09:19 PM

I've done that too before gumball, however if I have a world with a salvage bonus I prefer to fight both battles and get as much scrap credits as possible.

You can easily make 10k-20k depending on the fleet the world has.

Playing PR when stoned is awesome

#23 NYSNDGUY

NYSNDGUY
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:22 PM

You can do that now if you change the "<pay_as_you_go>True</pay_as_you_go>" value in gameconstants.xml (C:\program files\lucasarts\star wars empire at war forces of corruption\mods\phoenix rising 1.2\xml\gameconstants.xml by default) to false. I've found it helps a bit (not a ton, but a bit) with lag as well.

Anyone know why this value was set to True for PR? I went back and looked at the FOC version of gameconstraints.xml, and it had this value set to False already.

#24 a.fake.name

a.fake.name

title available

• Members
  • 539 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:44 PM

I have no clue, honestly if it didn't cause so much lag I wouldn't really mind it so much.
It was nice in that you could start something and just take an extra week or so (ingame week of course) to finish it rather than having to save the cash up entirely before starting, but at the same time it required careful management of funding to work best, otherwise everything comes to a stop until you get more income.

#25 evilbobthebob

evilbobthebob

evilbobthemapper

• Project Team
  • 2,304 posts
  • Projects:Phoenix Rising Maps
  •  Phoenix Rising Mapping Lead

Posted 08 July 2014 - 01:01 PM

Yeah in our current development version we've changed back to the default "pay at start of construction" method from vanilla, since we found it easier to balance and easier for the player to plan ("oh I can make 2-3 cruisers this galactic week")

Edited by evilbobthebob, 08 July 2014 - 01:02 PM.

Phoenix Rising, head of mapping. Thanks to everyone who got us to the position below!
Posted Image

#26 a.fake.name

a.fake.name

title available

• Members
  • 539 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 01:52 PM

Well changing 1.2 back to the default pay method has made it a whole new mod for me, since it's killed off 95% of the lag, so I hope it carries over from your dev. version to the next version.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users