Photo

Different game versions v1.06 using LAN or Online service.

Best Answer KracKOW, 13 April 2014 - 03:45 AM

You just mount the mini image with daemon tools standard device and then you ignore it, dont use the autorun or whatever from it.

After that, just start the game normally via the T3A:Online Launcher.

Thanks I'm new to daemon tools and you guys fixed the problem. For anyone that cares to know I just had to reinstall the torrent and only used the key generator during the install and did NOT use any cracks. Then I updated to the latest patch and installed this amazing mod. Then I got the image that mathijs posted and mounted the image with the dt drive. The other drive did not work for me (scsi). This should work now but if you were like me there was another problem. The game kept thinking at the title screen and would not launch the game so I google it and found this awesome fix. http://www.gamefront...arth-2-fix-mod/

This is a fix for windows 7 64 bit BFM2 to work. Just edit the document to your resolution exactly how you see the resolution is done in the document. Then put it in C:\Users\yourpcnamehere\AppData\Roaming\My Battle for Middle-earth™ II Files. It's a shame that EA has forced me to pirate this game rather then take my money but oh well amazing game and thanks for the help guys/gals.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Zaarck

Zaarck
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:19 PM

Me and friends can't connect to each other using the T3A servers.. Anything anyone knows about or can do?

#2 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:25 PM

Are any of you using a cracked game.dat with no-CD patch? That'll ruin compatibility.

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#3 Zaarck

Zaarck
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:26 PM

yes all haha so is there no way around this solution?

#4 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:32 PM

Use the standard game.dat, download Daemon Tools Lite and find a "mini image" for BFME2. Create a virtual disc drive with Daemon Tools and then mount the mini image there. Just google it and you'll find lots of guides. The mini image will trick the game into thinking the DVD is there without ruining multiplayer compatibility.

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#5 Zaarck

Zaarck
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:41 PM

when you say mini image? do you mean a cracked game.dat? or not? As I dont know what it means to use a mini image im trying right now.. but don't have the file needed.

#6 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Job:Leader

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:48 PM

No, *not* a cracked game.dat. That's what's causing your issue.

You can find a mini image here: http://m0001.gamecop...D/Fixed Image 2

'Mount' it with a program like Daemon Tools, which 'tricks' your PC into thinking you have the disc inserted. It's the cleanest way to play without disc because it doesn't require messing with core game files.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#7 Zaarck

Zaarck
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:49 PM

godsend 

#8 Zaarck

Zaarck
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:53 PM

are the anti blacklisting tools needed for a game that servers are down? I'm sure the t3a havent got cheat detection on?

#9 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:56 PM

Anti-blacklisting tools? I'm not sure what you mean here...

#10 Zaarck

Zaarck
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:04 PM

Dont worry, well servers that check for legitimate copies. I've got it working now thanks. Is there a big population on this server as I seem to be alone in the lobby..?

#11 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:06 PM

It's something that's beyond our control, the BFME series are *very* finnicky when it comes to version checks.

No, there's not a big population (yet). 

#12 Zaarck

Zaarck
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:24 AM

sweet well me and my friends will definitely be using it!

#13 KracKOW

KracKOW
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 06:51 AM

May I ask exactly how you got it working Zaarck? I got the image and mounted it with daemon tools but did you use a dt or scsi drive? When I try either one it brings up abunch of files like autorun and such and and if I try to run any of them then it says " The version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows you are running blah blah 64bit or 32bit and such. Did you encounter this problem at all? I have windows 7 64 bit and I have been trying all day to play with a buddy haha. Any help would be awesome!

#14 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 12 April 2014 - 08:35 AM

You just mount the mini image with daemon tools standard device and then you ignore it, dont use the autorun or whatever from it.

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#15 KracKOW

KracKOW
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:45 AM   Best Answer

Thanks I'm new to daemon tools and you guys fixed the problem. For anyone that cares to know I just had to reinstall the torrent and only used the key generator during the install and did NOT use any cracks. Then I updated to the latest patch and installed this amazing mod. Then I got the image that mathijs posted and mounted the image with the dt drive. The other drive did not work for me (scsi). This should work now but if you were like me there was another problem. The game kept thinking at the title screen and would not launch the game so I google it and found this awesome fix. http://www.gamefront...arth-2-fix-mod/

This is a fix for windows 7 64 bit BFM2 to work. Just edit the document to your resolution exactly how you see the resolution is done in the document. Then put it in C:\Users\yourpcnamehere\AppData\Roaming\My Battle for Middle-earth™ II Files. It's a shame that EA has forced me to pirate this game rather then take my money but oh well amazing game and thanks for the help guys/gals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users