Help using 3D Studio Max 8

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Arador123

Arador123
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 11:25 AM

I just found 3DS Max 8 after a long time and can finally start modding. But I realized that the controls are seriously strange and vast. Could someone put up a tutorial on how to use 3DS Max 8? I am especially having difficulty creating objects and manipulating them.

#2 Irenë Hawnetyne

Irenë Hawnetyne

-

• Hosted
  • 3,073 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:21 PM

I'm not an expert on Max since I use it mainly as a .W3D exporting utility, but The3rdAge article section has plenty you can go with.

If I were you, though, I'd just experiment with all the buttons first, get the hang of the layout yourself, and then try tutorials.

"Everyone's a hero when there's nowhere left to run."

Auxiliary Skarn, 2333rd Cohort

#3 The Splat

The Splat
  • Hosted
  • 30 posts
  • Projects:Sail 7 Seas

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:27 PM

I find tutorials by 3d buzz to be one of the best helps when it comes to computer stuff

http://www.3dbuzz.co...ee0ecba3fb64554

Please note im in no way affiliated with 3d buzz , you will also find some decent guides on vimeo

example http://vimeo.com/album/1514565

, It is much harder to find good tutorials in youtube for 3ds max, you may find as your progression warrants its worth watching some of the foreign language tutorials as some of those are easier to follow steps then most English speaking users.

The help topic within max is seriously useful and could potentially save you time if you follow the tutorials they set within the getting started guides.

Good to see more modders out there.

#4 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:15 PM

What do you want to create?

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#5 Madin

Madin

title available

• Hosted
  • 686 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:01 PM

3D Max 8 has good tutorials on using 3D Max 8.

Seriously.

#6 Arador123

Arador123
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 03:31 AM

Whenever I clicked on any of the subheadings under "Help" in 3DS Max 8, my mouse cursor changed to "loading" but nothing loaded....is this a fault with Windows 7?

#7 The Splat

The Splat
  • Hosted
  • 30 posts
  • Projects:Sail 7 Seas

Posted 17 April 2014 - 02:34 PM

either that or you simply didn't install the help when you installed 3ds max...    Its likely you will need to find some pdf's

I may suggest you start by downloading something like the 3ds max bible , or add me in skype (MAPPER_SPLAT) and request it.

Don't forget to add who you are and where your from in your request so that I can avoid spammers.

Please Note people thinking ill just spam this guy ... Im a poorbie that wont buy your stuff spam someone else :)

#8 Irenë Hawnetyne

Irenë Hawnetyne

-

• Hosted
  • 3,073 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:24 PM

Please Note people thinking ill just spam this guy ... Im a poorbie that wont buy your stuff spam someone else  :)

Wat.

Anyway, yeah, I've 'heard from people who obtained 3DS Max via less-than-conventional means' that the help files are missing. So it's not a massive problem.

"Everyone's a hero when there's nowhere left to run."

Auxiliary Skarn, 2333rd Cohort

#9 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:44 PM

There are some good tutorials in the BFME2 Mod SDK pack, and there are also plenty of good tutorials here. Not everything is in 3Ds Max, but many of them are. Also if you find ones using RenX they will work in Max as well.

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users