Photo

SEE in Windows 8?

Best Answer Hugyfew, 10 May 2014 - 06:44 PM

Well, I guess I could. Let's hope I remember everything right :p!

1. Make sure you have patch 1.06 of BFME 2 installed (I did that only after step 2, though).

2. Download the mod.

3. Using the opened window that should appear if you have an unpacking program like WinRAR installed, use the "Extract to" button to extract the SEE file into "C:\Users\Hugyfew\AppData\Roaming\My Battle for Middle-earth™ II Files (of course, Hugyfew will be replaced with something else).

4. Copy the SEE shortcut into your desktop.

5. Here's where a lot of people seem to have problems. You need to go to the Properties of the SEE shortcut, and change the "Target" and "Start In" boxes to fit your PC. It often shows when you try to apply the changes that the specified folders are invalid. To fix this, I went to the properties of the non-modded BFME 2 shortcut, copied it's Target and Start In boxes folders, and added them to the SEE shortcut's boxes. Then I added -mod SEE to the end of SEE's shortcut's Target box's folder, and applied the changes. Now everything should be right!

6. Enjoy your modded BFME 2!

Yeah I think I got remembered everything :). I felt like Einstein when I figured out the solution to the problem shown in step 5.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Hugyfew

Hugyfew
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 05:06 PM

Hello, I just made an account here in Revora in order to discuss this wonderful mod in this forum and bla bla bla... :p

To the point, I want to play this mod. Its awesome. I installed the mod, and now I'm looking at the installation instructions. Helpful. Only problem is, I have a Windows 8.1 (which is as complicated as the roots of thousand year-old tree) and I can't seem to find the Documents and Settings that it tells me to go to copy the mod folder to. Where do I find it? (I hope I'm not as complicated as my PC)

#2 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:18 AM

I split this from Downloading topic into new topic...

Unfortionately I can't help you though, as I don't have Windows 8, but Windows 7. Maybe someone else knows?

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#3 Hugyfew

Hugyfew
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 01:24 PM

Hopefully :good:. Stopped playing Skyrim because of all the freezing (PS3, you know), and decided: "Maybe I could finally download that awesome mod I was once hyped to death about".

Someone I know personally possibly can help me, but I had decided to still ask here because the people who possibly could do that only visit like once a week, and I really don't like keeping the windows that this mod opened on.

Edited by Hugyfew, 07 May 2014 - 02:45 PM.

#4 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 07 May 2014 - 03:23 PM

This should help: 

http://www.eightforu...s-settings.html

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#5 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:24 PM

Thanks Mathijs 

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#6 Hugyfew

Hugyfew
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:25 AM

Nah, doesn't really help. Thanks though :).

If you read the entire thing, you'll see that the person asking for help didn't receive it properly in the end. And I'm not even sure if he had a Windows 8...

#7 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 08 May 2014 - 02:37 PM

Wish I could help, but... sorry  :whathuh:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#8 Hugyfew

Hugyfew
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 01:47 PM

Might as well use the thread to ask a couple of questions.

1. Will the War of the Ring-mode be supported in the future?

2. When is the next patch coming out?

3. Does the next patch have a "Evil Men" faction of Easterlings and Haradrim separated from the Mordor faction?

#9 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 09 May 2014 - 02:13 PM

http://forums.revora...-directors-cut/

=p

Edited by MattTheLegoman, 09 May 2014 - 02:13 PM.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#10 Hugyfew

Hugyfew
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 06:13 PM

Okay. Thanks for the link :).

So it might take a while for the next patch. No problems, though. It's great as it is! (Although I haven't yet played :p. But I've seen videos)

#11 Hugyfew

Hugyfew
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 06:37 PM

I now got SEE to the right place, but I'm having problems with the shortcut: Naz doesn't have the default path, and you need to change the path to default. But it keeps complaining that the folder specified in either the "Start In" box or the "Target" box is not valid. What should the folders be?

Edited by Hugyfew, 10 May 2014 - 07:54 AM.

#12 Hugyfew

Hugyfew
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:11 PM

Ok, I got it fixed by myself. No need to help. Had to extract to the right place lol.

#13 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:40 PM

So the issue is fixed? Mind posting a step-by-step solution for, you know, posterity? :p

#14 Hugyfew

Hugyfew
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:13 PM

Here or in another thread?

I suppose I could try. For those using Windows 8.

The mod is great, so far, btw. But while it's not impossible, I find it odd how tough even just Easy is. I'm not having "my ass handed over to me" as some other forum member once said, but it's tough to beat 'em. Playing as Mordor with all the trolls and Fellbeast and your goddamn Grond! seems to be the easiest way.

Edited by Hugyfew, 10 May 2014 - 03:13 PM.

#15 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 05:21 PM

Right here in this topic would do nicely. It'd be Marked Solved, and the solution would always appear at the top of this thread.

#16 Hugyfew

Hugyfew
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 06:44 PM   Best Answer

Well, I guess I could. Let's hope I remember everything right :p!

1. Make sure you have patch 1.06 of BFME 2 installed (I did that only after step 2, though).

2. Download the mod.

3. Using the opened window that should appear if you have an unpacking program like WinRAR installed, use the "Extract to" button to extract the SEE file into "C:\Users\Hugyfew\AppData\Roaming\My Battle for Middle-earth™ II Files (of course, Hugyfew will be replaced with something else).

4. Copy the SEE shortcut into your desktop.

5. Here's where a lot of people seem to have problems. You need to go to the Properties of the SEE shortcut, and change the "Target" and "Start In" boxes to fit your PC. It often shows when you try to apply the changes that the specified folders are invalid. To fix this, I went to the properties of the non-modded BFME 2 shortcut, copied it's Target and Start In boxes folders, and added them to the SEE shortcut's boxes. Then I added -mod SEE to the end of SEE's shortcut's Target box's folder, and applied the changes. Now everything should be right!

6. Enjoy your modded BFME 2!

Yeah I think I got remembered everything :). I felt like Einstein when I figured out the solution to the problem shown in step 5.

#17 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 16 May 2014 - 11:56 AM

Nice one! Thanks man. Glad you got it working  :thumbsuphappy: IN the next version, you wont need this hassle as we incorporated a starter

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users