Strongest/weakest factions?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Vint

Vint
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 02:24 AM

What in your opinion is the strongest or weakest faction? I've just started playing MO and haven't tried any online games, so this is based on single player Skirmish games only.

Personally I think China is the strongest due to their Nuwa Cannons (which are incredibly powerful against anything on the ground), coupled with their repair drones and EMP weaponry and the Centurion. I find the AI very challenging even on easy, and so far China's the only faction I've beaten the AI consistently with.

As far as the weakest, I'm not sure. I haven't played around with the Yuri factions much yet so it's hard for me to make a judgment call on them. Against the AI I find any of the Soviet factions very hard due to their Kirov airship surprise attacks (which will completely devastate your base if you aren't prepared for it with any anti-air.)

#2 Darkstorm

Darkstorm

Mod Enjoyer

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 02:29 AM

Russia with Wolfhounds...

#3 Meyerm

Meyerm

Commisar

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 02:29 AM

It all depends on your style. Russia is my strongest because of wolfhounds and tesla cruisers. Scorpion Cell is my weak spot however.

#4 MIG

MIG
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:58 AM

SC is the weakest. Tyrant should be more buff.

#5 Psionic Psychic

Psionic Psychic

yod vav resh

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Projects:Life
  •  Epsilon Scientist

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:50 AM

For me, China is the strongest faction for the reason that China has 3 tanks that really pwns and those three tanks are the Nuwa, the Centurion and the Sentinel. Their only weak spot is their slowness. 

The weakest faction for me is the Latin Confederation for the reason that they are very weak when it comes to Aerial units. Their big weak point is that their sabotage tactics can be easily detected and disabled. I just hope that in BR2, the Confed will be a bit stronger.

ZAdGcaJ.jpg

#6 Haxxan

Haxxan

What title?

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • Projects:None
  •  Mental Omega \m/

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:29 AM

In my opinion the list should be....

1-China

2-Russia

3-Psi Corps

4-HQ

5-Euro Alliance

6-Confederation

7-Pacific front

8-USA

9-Scorpion Cell 

But each faction is strong if used properly, this list is based on my personal opinion.

THIS IS LIST DOES NOT TELL THE STRONGEST WEAKEST FACTION, it's more like a list of factions with the most OP units.

Edited by Haxxan, 24 May 2014 - 02:24 PM.

mainbanner.jpg

Mental Omega 3.0 on the web: 

bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_ds.pngbt_right.png

#7 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:08 PM

The perfect answer for it is: neither of them. Each sub faction is good at something and with practice you can use it rather properly. Some factions are harder to learn than others. Epsilon sub factions are considered the hardest to learn, while Russia and China are the easiest to master.

Many of you say that Scorpion Cell is the weakest. Actually Scorpion Cell is one of the most powerful in the hands of a professional. :p

#8 Sizyfos31

Sizyfos31
  • Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:18 PM

Main reason why Confederation feels weak is that it is the most balanced to other subfactions, unlike Russia with it's Wolfhounds and China with it's Nuwas. That might be also the reason, why many Allied units are getting buffed in performance and price, to actually stand chance against the soviets.

Epsilon on the other hand... much different story.

This is what I see when anyone misspell Fury Drone as Furry Drone

I made a youtube playlist of songs that may have inspired mission names (at least 50% is correct and seen by Speeder himself)

#9 MIG

MIG
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 02:54 PM

At same skill level PF rapes SC.XD

#10 MIG

MIG
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:00 PM

In Chinese,they think the list is
1:PF
2:PC
3:China/Russia
4:EA (EA can beat Russia PC)
5:HQ
7:USA
8:LC (LC can beat EA)
9:SC

#11 fff

fff
  • Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:52 PM

SC is the weakest. Tyrant should be more buff.

Well seeing the balance changes to Scorpion Cell in BR2 i believe they will become one of the strongest factions.
Tyrant to 450 HP increase(same as Abrams tank) range increase +1, cheaper (mass-able) and after death will detonate like molebomb.

Also to the topic creator...I think you should have created a poll...

#12 MIG

MIG
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 05:52 AM

Tyrant may be OK.
But Mantis need buff. I hope Mantis can bulid faster. And buff the replenishment.XD

#13 MIG

MIG
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 05:55 AM

Chinese best MO player uses PF. XD

#14 Meyerm

Meyerm

Commisar

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 06:01 AM

All the factions are (for the most part) balanced. However, seeing as how only a small minority knows how to dominate with Scorpion Cell, I think it would be more accurate to ask which faction is the hardest to master. Russia's pretty straight forward, Scorpion Cell takes practice.

#15 MIG

MIG
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 06:34 AM

Seriously, at same skill level PF rapes SC.

#16 X1Destroy

X1Destroy

title available

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 08:05 AM

Even LC laugh at SC, seriously.

As long as you can stop SC from rushing, you win. Lategame SC sucks.

"Protecting the land of the Free."
efXH1rz.png

#17 doctormedic

doctormedic

Giver of Demolition trucks

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 11:56 AM

coughcoughnoT3anti tankcoughcough

#18 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 02:27 PM

Scorpion Cell isn't good lategame, idd, but they can also finish off the enemy quickly.

#19 mevitar

mevitar

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Hosted
  • 1,971 posts
  • Projects:Doom Desire
  •  (◉ _ ◉)

Posted 22 May 2014 - 03:59 PM

There is no such thing as the weakest faction. All subfactions can kill any other, either early or lategame, although some require more effort for certain things than others (but for that, each faction has to be looked at individually, and you need to know yourself all your faction's strength and weaknesses). You can't simply go and write "this faction is better than others", unless you put it in a context "best at what?".
2 different factions for 2 "equally skilled" players (assuming such thing even exists) doesn't mean the one with the "strongest" faction automatically wins.

I also don't see how can anyone say "even LC laughs at SC" as if LC was weak, when Catas have both the armor and firepower they need, and Mortar Quads can kill Nuwas if other units don't protect them.

Seriously, at same skill level PF rapes SC.

I guess me (as SC) beating toveena (as PF) doesn't count then? (i didn't even get Cloning Vats in that game, even though most of it was on T3, and i think i lost my Pandora Hub twice) :p

Edited by mevitar, 22 May 2014 - 04:02 PM.

ded signature

(◉ ᗝ ◉)

#20 lovalmidas

lovalmidas

Yunru Kanegawa. Go figure. Go mental.

• Project Team
  • 1,192 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega Almost Perfect Yunru's Revenge Version 3.0
  •  Why am I not in the Centurion?

Posted 23 May 2014 - 05:10 PM

People mocking SC underestimate the power of the Speeder Trikes. With a good range (outranging every T3 MBT) and as the fastest unit in the game (outrunning every artillery except Magnetron and Basswave; yes, I think I have seen it outrun those Hailstorm projectiles), those are one of the best anti-tank weapons around, second to the Zephyr (with their rate of fire, perhaps they have a better damage output than Zephyrs D:). Not to mention they fire on the move. Their only weakness is their HP, so like every other SC unit, a commander should avoid letting them take damage.

In BR2 they will be immune to EMP, and really, nothing in Chinese T1/T2 arsenal can beat a team of them commanded by a competent commander (in BR1 the only counters was the EMP mine, Yunru, Dragonflies, Centurion, and T3 base defences; the rest can be kited - the EMP immunity eliminates the first three).

How about Desolators (they hit immediately)? Tyrants and Plague Splatters are great against infantry and good against structures. You don't send Tyrants against Nuwas. That's what the Speeders are for.

I think I have won more games as SC against China than the other way around. Taking out Qilins and Terror Drones the moment they come out from the war factories WITHOUT GETTING HURT... is satisfying.

SC against the US, that's another story. :p

Edited by lovalmidas, 23 May 2014 - 05:15 PM.

30m70ag.png

Mental Omega on the web:
fbbutton.png ytbutton.png mdbutton.png dsbutton.png
IRC: #menthosogma (Rizon)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users