#1 Vhaldez

Vhaldez

The World Guardian

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  Peace in Balance

Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:41 AM

Yuri_and_Stalin.png

Hello Mental Omega forumers. I am here today to discuss a theory I found regarding the existance of Yuri and the ramifications he has had on the Command and Conquer timeline.

We all know very well that Yuri posesses powers that in our current continuüm (the Mental Omega / RA2 / YR one) nobody else possesses. I think I have found the reason why Yuri is the only one in the world capable of such feats. You see, Yuri is an anomaly from the Tiberium Universe.

With the ending of the Soviet campaign of Red Alert 1 in mind, it is safe to assume that the Brotherhood of NOD and Kane are both active during the events of the entire Red Alert continuüm, and that the Tiberium Universe is a result of the aftermath of Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge. However, I believe the events that we have witnessed are a direct result of Tiberium-era Kane tampering with the timeline.

RA2_Chronosphere_Render.JPG

Long after the Great World War III, the Brotherhood discovered an old Chronosphere in an abandoned research facility known as Area 51 in the United States. Kane ordered his top scientist on the field of mind control and psychic development, Yuri, to investigate. When Yuri arrived at the facility, a GDI strike force activated the Chronosphere in an attempt to overload it and bury the NOD forces with it. The result was far worse than the GDI squad could have ever anticipated, as the Chronosphere sent Yuri back in time, where he brainwashed Premier Romanov, let the events of Red Alert 2 happen, and caused himself to be sent to the past over and over again, effectively trapping himself in a paradox.

If anyone has anything to add to this theory, or would simply like to state their opinion on it, then feel free to leave a reply.

Also, if anyone can find the original theory that I'm basing this on then that would be greatly appreciated.

bannerfans_16571832.png

#2 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach

Supérior Caliburwielder

• Project Team
  • 2,187 posts
  • Projects:Infinty Engine modding, OpenHV, Attacque Supérior (sometimes)
  •  That guy you keep hearing the stories about.

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:19 AM

There it goes, the original theory: http://www.petroglyp...cww/#entry93353

kuuHd4s.png6pDXsCS.png
n0J1wqE.pngIX8pBXZ.png

AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2

ComradeCrimson: AS is the product of Hungarian acid
ComradeCrimson: And magical hussars
Dutchygamer: and Weird Al.

#3 Vhaldez

Vhaldez

The World Guardian

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  Peace in Balance

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:31 AM

There it goes, the original theory: http://www.petroglyp...cww/#entry93353

Thanks Graion. I wonder how the MO staff thinks their universe ties in with the rest of the Command and Conquer timeline.

bannerfans_16571832.png

#4 switchblade16

switchblade16

Just a Minion nothing to see here.

• Members
  • 246 posts
  •  Mental Omega's unoffical promo pic artist and Colony Wars Alpha Tester

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:13 AM

Sup Jochmen?  We've missed you :p

DID SOMEBODY SAY DERP?

Libra: The Floor is Ice!
Malver: Under the guidance of Lord Yuri.
Rahn: What are we waiting for?

Lord Yuri: I have taught you all well, be of one mind, one vision, proselytes!

TXibgYC.gif

Spoiler

#5 Meyerm

Meyerm

Commisar

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:36 PM

No relation? It's always been my story that the 2 universes are separate. They just happen to both have the same basic story in RA1. In Tiberium universe WW2, Stalin's advisor is Kane and Nadia his undercover agent, and Yuri doesn't exist. In the RA2-onwards universe (including MO), Stalin's advisor is... just an advisor, and Stalin has the secret PsiCorps he created hidden away by Yuri so they could rise again.

#6 Vhaldez

Vhaldez

The World Guardian

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  Peace in Balance

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:48 PM

Sup Jochmen?  We've missed you :p

Aww, thanks switchblade <3

It's been a busy couple months, and the thing is that I'm just not good enough at MO to compete with anyone nowadays, so I'm just going to wait for BR2 and Act II / III.

Speaking of which, now that the chaos tech is being removed from Epsilon, who's getting it in their stead?

bannerfans_16571832.png

#7 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:57 PM

Wait and see.

Timeline/universe tie-in will be hinted at in Act Two.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#8 Vhaldez

Vhaldez

The World Guardian

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  Peace in Balance

Posted 20 May 2014 - 02:07 PM

Wait and see.

Timeline/universe tie-in will be hinted at in Act Two.

Now I'm even more excited D:

bannerfans_16571832.png

#9 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 05:53 PM

There was a theory back then, and this is kinda-sorta accepted as semi-canon as far as I know, that the Allied Victory in Red Alert 1 leads to Red Alert 2, while the Soviet Victory leads to the Tiberium Universe. And I think this was even planned by Westwood before EA effed up everything and killed the franchise.

#10 Eternity 6

Eternity 6
  • Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:33 PM

I hope there will be time travel  :rolleyes: and dinosores , the moon and at the very least a theme park with a roller coster . 

I loved the out-landish scenery in RA2 and Yuri's revenge it felt like I got to see the world .

Edited by Eternity 6, 20 May 2014 - 07:34 PM.

#11 Tyhednus

Tyhednus

title available

• Members
  • 459 posts
  •  Casual mod player and AS tester

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:27 PM

Nice theory, but that does not explain that symbol on his forehead. In my eyes Yuri was a Transylvanian boy with extraordinary abilities. When he graduated from university, yuri searched for people with the same kind of powers. Together with these humans he trained and formed some kind of special service for Soviet officials and even Stalin. And after Stalin passed away Yuri's rise to power started.

But it would be awesome if Yuri was with Nod. Imagine him being the one who helped design Cabal, but then he would go back in time durinf the second war. Or even better. What if Yuri was not done with Cabal and knew he was very unstable, but then got sent back to the Soviet era?

But this is very unlikely.

#12 Meyerm

Meyerm

Commisar

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:10 PM

There was a theory back then, and this is kinda-sorta accepted as semi-canon as far as I know, that the Allied Victory in Red Alert 1 leads to Red Alert 2, while the Soviet Victory leads to the Tiberium Universe. And I think this was even planned by Westwood before EA effed up everything and killed the franchise.

RA1 allied campaign is canon in both. Soviet victory would mean no GDI.

As for Yuri, my story was this: A Transylvania both and his family move to Russia to support the new communist regime. Yuri, the boy, begins developing "unique" talents. He's picked up by the NKVD and conscripted into Stalin's top secret PsiCorps. His records, last name, and relatives are purged to keep secrecy. Yuri eventually assumes control of the PsiCorps and takes it into hiding in the onset of Moscow's fall.

#13 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:35 PM

Yuri coming from the Tiberium universe is a such crap idea. RA2 makes no sense in the entire C&C timeline because it wasn't designed to fit in. Doing so just gives bad ideas and such complex, unreal and uninteresting plot loopholes that it isn't worth it.

Just things to consider to come to a better and more reasonable conclusion:

1) you don't KNOW Yuri isn't or wasn't the only one capable of psychic powers. There may have been many more people experimented on or taught to use their 'gift' just like he was. As is explained in RA2, he was part of a psychic program...

2) Yuri may well be the last survivor of these psychic experiments, maybe the only one that truly succeeded. Maybe the whole operation was so underground that not even the Soviet Union knows much about it, which is why he was able to get into a position of power without being mistrusted. Clearly it wasn't successful enough or completed in time to be used in RA1 (or rather Westwood didn't think of it then which is the truth of it).

3) You don't need an excuse at all. He was in a psychic program, became psychic and bam there's your reason. You don't need to jump to conclusions (and game series and silly time travel) to excuse his existence... in fact by doing so you're causing far more unsolvable prolems... such as why doesn't the RA technology exist in the Tiberium Universe... who the hell forgot about an old Chronosphere (as if the most important discovery in all Human history and most powerful weapon ever created would be ignored) or the Iron Curtain for that matter... imagine if they'd progress with IC technology into the Tiberium timeline, armies would be unstoppable. But they didn't because the series wasn't designed that way.

Edited by OmegaBolt, 20 May 2014 - 09:36 PM.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#14 Meyerm

Meyerm

Commisar

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:16 PM

Yuri probably was on par with other psychics in the program and ascended to leadership either as the sole survivor, manipulation (accusing rivals of treason), merit, ties with Stalin, etc. Yuri might have very well made future psychics of the PsiCorps weaker on purpose to make sure they don't threaten him. The fact Libra uses her powers for destruction and not mind control is the only reason why he made an exception with her.

#15 Darkstorm

Darkstorm

Mod Enjoyer

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:05 PM

3) You don't need an excuse at all. He was in a psychic program, became psychic and bam there's your reason. You don't need to jump to conclusions (and game series and silly time travel) to excuse his existence... in fact by doing so you're causing far more unsolvable prolems... such as why doesn't the RA technology exist in the Tiberium Universe... who the hell forgot about an old Chronosphere (as if the most important discovery in all Human history and most powerful weapon ever created would be ignored) or the Iron Curtain for that matter... imagine if they'd progress with IC technology into the Tiberium timeline, armies would be unstoppable. But they didn't because the series wasn't designed that way.

With this, you basically defeated the entire idea of the Tiberium universe being linked with Red Alert one at all, not just the idea of Yuri. I mean we should see Tesla Tanks, Iron Curtains and Chronospheres as early as Tiberian Dawn.

Personally, I'm fine with two mutually exclusive universes, but I thought it was a bit of interesting narration to think of ways to link the two. I guess you don't see this stuff for what it is, fan fiction. The source material has areas that are not explicitly explained and isn't likely to be expanded upon in the future so individuals create in their own fanon.

Edited by Darkstorm, 20 May 2014 - 11:05 PM.

#16 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:13 PM

Pretty sure Westwood destroyed the chance of the series ever being linked by not making any sense. :p  Which is good because if they DID desperately try make RA1 a prequel they would have had to limit themselves a lot more and it wouldn't be anywhere near as good.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#17 Vhaldez

Vhaldez

The World Guardian

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  Peace in Balance

Posted 21 May 2014 - 11:57 AM

Okay, okay.

Sheesh.

bannerfans_16571832.png

#18 GameMaster0000

GameMaster0000
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 04:12 PM

First time WW do this

RA1 - RA2 - Rn2 - TD+Rn1 - TS

http://cnc.wikia.com...uer:_Renegade_2

You will see many TD reference on this game

Until EA Cancel it and seperate the timeline

#19 Meyerm

Meyerm

Commisar

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:16 PM

I'm still sticking with the separate universes theory. It wouldn't make sense to have tesla coils, widespread use of chrono tech, prism towers and tanks, etc. and then decide to go back to gun turrets, watchtowers, and upgraded RA1 medium tanks.

#20 Darkstorm

Darkstorm

Mod Enjoyer

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 11:15 PM

Maybe the Allies just had a huge budget cut?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users