• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 Irenë Hawnetyne

Irenë Hawnetyne

-

• Hosted
  • 3,073 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 07:13 AM

So, after about... well, since finishing the When I'm Gone EP, I'd wanted to create something more approachable, and less industrially-oriented than all of the previous Eris Harlowe releases. This new project, later named Inversion, took five months to finally complete, and whilst it was originally intended to feature vocals, I realized that the structures of many of the songs were nigh on entirely incapable of adding vocals that fitted, hence I later decided to release it as instrumental-only. Comprised of seventeen tracks extending to 1 hour 21 minutes, the full-length album was most heavily influenced by the artists Nine Inch Nails, Children of Bodom and Machine Head, and intentionally varies between quieter piano solos and driven heavier music. Also was written a companion EP, All That Remains, which is a far stripped-down acoustic version of five of the original tracks on Inversion. Both, after a little deliberation on my part, have been made freely available for download on BandCamp, and can be listened to there or below:

"Everyone's a hero when there's nowhere left to run."

Auxiliary Skarn, 2333rd Cohort

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users