• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ThorinOakenshield2

ThorinOakenshield2
  • Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 06:58 PM

Hello,

I'd like to ask if there might be someone who can make an Erebor Gate for Battle for Middle-earth 2, I mean the model and texture.

Here is what I mean ...

I'm trying to make a map representing the Lonely Mountain from The Hobbit film and I can't do it without a gate like in the film. So if there is someone who might be able to make it, I'd appreciate it very much. (I'm new to these forums, I'm no modeller and I can't make models myself :whatoa: )

Attached Thumbnails

• The Hobbit - An Unexpected Journey 2012 Extended 1080p DTS-HighCode17-10-53.JPG
  • The Hobbit - An Unexpected Journey 2012 Extended 1080p DTS-HighCode17-16-22.JPG

Edited by ThorinOakenshield2, 30 May 2014 - 07:01 PM.

#2 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 30 May 2014 - 07:03 PM

My forums actually went nuts since we moved it to the exact same place at the exact same time.  

#3 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 30 May 2014 - 07:59 PM

My forums actually went nuts since we moved it to the exact same place at the exact same time.  

Heh, yeah. 

On topic: I think several people here would be able to make it, but I don't think they're going to spend all that time just for you. Creating a model like that isn't very difficult; you could teach yourself.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#4 ThorinOakenshield2

ThorinOakenshield2
  • Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:34 PM

Yeah, I'll try to do it myself - should be interesting project to make...

However, could anybody link me to any tutorials that would help me in doing this in RenX, I'm bad at modelling...

Also, I'd like to ask if there's a way to add the model and texture to the asset.dat later without using the -mod command, let's say I want to add it to the Edain mod, how do I do this?  :huh:

#5 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 11:26 PM

Sort of related to the topic, but what modelling program would you guys recommend for making structures?

#6 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 09:46 AM

3ds max 7 or 8. Never use RenX for anything.

#7 ThorinOakenshield2

ThorinOakenshield2
  • Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:27 AM

Actually, I knew it would be better to make it in 3ds max, but I stil don't know how to work well with it, so can anybody then link me to any tutorials on modelling for 3ds max? I googled it many times but found nothing.

#8 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:21 AM

I imagine this series of geometric mesh modeling tutorials should come in handy.

#9 ThorinOakenshield2

ThorinOakenshield2
  • Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 01:25 PM

Thanks a lot for the tutorial, Mathijs. I really appreciate it.

I actually have another question :ermm: . How do I add textures and modells to asset.dat without the -mod command (I have the Edain mod installed in the ROTWK directory, so how to add my work to its asset.dat)? I assume I have to do this with Assetcachebuilder, but I've tried it - most parts of the game are pink or invisible and the game crashes when I try to play Campaign or Skirmish. So, if anybody can help me with this, I would be grateful :) .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users