#1 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 01 June 2014 - 01:16 PM

Just wanted to show the new polished assets for the Moria Orcs (goblins). Now I need to find someone that can rig the head, helmet and shield to the existing LUA based SEE goblins to reach the Weta style I always wanted for them...  :thumbsupxd:

HEAD

4cb9005c5bcf4812f23c5968cc272b40.jpg

HEAD + HELMET: 2000 p

eebdf579943547db2d48bab0e3d043a9.jpg

SHIELD: 330 p

743db6fbc28414084f5d6c406c4757a9.jpg

Edited by Nazgûl, 08 June 2014 - 12:53 AM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#2 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 01 June 2014 - 01:40 PM

This is fantastic! =D

The Moria Goblins was a great design from the movies.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#3 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 01 June 2014 - 08:32 PM

Yeah, I really like them, and the "Wild Faction" is one of the reasons I wanted to mod this game, as the vanilla goblins are terrible. As are the whole faction... :themenace:  I'm looking forwards to seeing these buggars in game. I just hope I can find help rigging them :p Anyways, here is the new polyapint for the helmet. I skipped the rusted metal texture that I projected upon the model, and made this by hand instead. It's just two shades of gray, rust orange, dirt brown and hightlight =) Fixing manual topology for this model will be fun, and shouldn't pose any problem.

I wish a had Sûl back, so I could focus on modeling. This is way more fun than coding. However, when I have the polished assets I want, coding will at least be
a tad more inspiring than before, when I had to work with some of EA's vanilla crap.

81f85fd1990e96035d9fe49aed29d8cd.jpg

Edited by Nazgûl, 01 June 2014 - 08:35 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#4 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 07 June 2014 - 12:59 AM

Updated post #1. Not that anyone seem to bother that much  :crazed: ... but here's the finished retopologized and UV mapped helmet. It landed on 990 polies which is a bit higher than I had hoped for, but it will have to do/work... :whatoa: I really tried to lower the count, but that messed up the design/shape a lot.

9d71ef1d483e35efb5c05471696be48c.jpg

Edited by Nazgûl, 07 June 2014 - 01:04 AM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#5 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 02:36 AM

I think they look bang on, awesome work!

#6 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 07 June 2014 - 03:42 AM

Thanks buddy :) I will try to manually reduce poly count on the head though, before I send it all off for rigging.

It will be exciting to see this gear mated with the cinematic goblin and the rest of the SEE gear that Lauri once made :p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#7 Hugyfew

Hugyfew
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 03:05 PM

Looks perfect in every way!

#8 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 08 June 2014 - 12:45 AM

Finished! I'm a bit disappointed at myself for not reaching a better result in poly count, but this is the best I can do without disfiguring the model too much. Funny thing is that manual topology gave almost exactly the same number of polies for the head. But being in total control of distribution, at least the got got a way better and more detailed shape (with the same number of polies) :p

I'll update post #1 with the complete set of head & helmet combined..

Automatic topology, 990 polies:

4d4a03c135ea1c39637cf26a68b9f772.jpg

New manual topology, 1012 polies:

4cb9005c5bcf4812f23c5968cc272b40.jpg

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#9 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 05:52 AM

Looks much better. Especially the teeth.

The mated version has a really high poly count. I probably don't understand how lua works. I assume it just places the helmet over the existing head. But couldnt you cut that number down by having a model of the head and helmet? one model without details for the head hidden under the helmet?

#10 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 08 June 2014 - 09:47 AM

Actually, I'm not quite as worried about polies as others... I've read that SAGE can handle a lot more than ppl think. Some have tried models with 60k polies in SAGE, even if that was single units and not hordes. The problem of multiple meshes is bigger according to some (like forum veteran Cahik). Now, before I do any more work an this, I want it tested in game. I did test the new CaH based SEE Easterlings once, and they worked great, assuming you have at least a rather ok-ish computer spec.

LUA is a script that randomizes the designated meshes, to make random gear. You can tell via LUA that the horde should have 100% head, but only 50% helmet, and 30% shield for instance.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#11 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:28 AM

Go for it. I can't remember that I made any gear for the goblins though :p

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#12 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 03:35 PM

Ok. I obviously know less than I thought.

Its clear sage can handle a lot of polys. Every unit has a poly count, then when you take all of that into account the engine is probably handling 100's of thousands of polys. I only asked because the goblin hordes will be the largest ingame and when we have large battles with 6 players its gonna be taxing. I'm all for pretty looking units. Visuals are a really big thing with me. I just don't wanna be playing a slideshow.

My pc specs are really good though
I7 860
3gb graphics card
8 gb ram

#13 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:18 PM

With those specs you should be good. Maybe not for 6 players though, but 1 vs 1 should be fine. This is a big problem for SEE, since this mod has always focused on looks rather than being spec friendly =/

My current specs are:
Intel Core i5 @ 2,5 GHz CPU
4 Gb DDR3 SDRAM @ 1333 MHz

ATI Radeon GPU @ 1 Gb 

Lauri, AFAIK, you made new armor parts for left arm, shoulders, knees, legs/feet as well as a shield. The vanilla gobbos are just one mesh, I think? 

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#14 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:08 AM

I'm not worried. Haha I'm actually sure that my specs are better than yours. Ati r9 280x gpu and my ram is 8gb ddr3. My cpu is a touch slower but I can run skyrim on ultra with graphics mods without a hitch. I doubt it'll be a problem. I ran the old versions of see with max players with little issue on an inferior computer.

#15 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:19 AM

Awesome, then we should be all set for a graphics extravaganza soon... :trickydick:  

Some OT: I know my modeling takes time, but it will be worth it. Great Goblin, Azog, Wargs and Moria Orc stuff are all done and ready for rigging. The plan is to also do: Bolg, Yazneg, Fimbul, Gundabad Orcs and Stone Giants as well. For the dwarves I really hope I can trade with Edain for the heroes as Unexpected Mod turned town my request unofrtionately (Mathijs dwarven heroes are simply stunning). I did close a deal with Total War mod Third Age though, for these assets. In return we got some truly wicked dwarves (that will pose as Iron Hills infantry units) as well as Haradrims, more or less as cool as Mathijs haradrim from Shadow & Flame mod. :smile2ap:

Edited by Nazgûl, 10 June 2014 - 12:21 AM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#16 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:48 AM

Well that's good news and bad news. I'm still not that keen on the dwarven heroes from the hobbit. I still prefer SEE being a period piece so that you can use the living members of thorins company and still create some unique looks for them.

Its all good though. As always ittl be great to see what comes our way wwhen the dwarves get some work.

#17 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:53 AM

Some ideas.

Nazgul is good at textures. Perhaps an edited texture for the surviving dwarves so they are visually different to what we see in the Hobbit. Also, I know Bombur is alive but he would be the worst hero to have on the battlefield (could exclude him from SEE altogether.)

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#18 Bofur

Bofur

The Bolicious One

• Hosted
  • 1,766 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Firstborn
  •  The Bolicious T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:43 AM

Bind him to Tom Bombadil's skeleton, and watch him knock people over!

left64_by_obsidianlake-d5ruayp.pngAotF.pngright64_by_obsidianlake-d5ruf44.png

#19 Hugyfew

Hugyfew
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:45 AM

I did close a deal with Total War mod Third Age though, for these assets. In return we got some truly wicked dwarves (that will pose as Iron Hills infantry units) as well as Haradrims, more or less as cool as Mathijs haradrim from Shadow & Flame mod. :smile2ap:

Nerdgasm

Third Age Is. The. Best. Game. Ever!

#20 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:07 PM

Lauri, AFAIK, you made new armor parts for left arm, shoulders, knees, legs/feet as well as a shield. The vanilla gobbos are just one mesh, I think? 

CaH parts, I believe.

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users