• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 Irenë Hawnetyne

Irenë Hawnetyne

-

• Hosted
  • 3,073 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 04:42 PM

If you don't like it that way, why didn't you get the job of food scooping instead?

"Everyone's a hero when there's nowhere left to run."

Auxiliary Skarn, 2333rd Cohort

#22 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 13 June 2014 - 04:55 PM

Luck of the draw? I could transition into such a job, but it would be more beneficial to seek other career opportunities that could aide me in a career outside the military. Scooping food does not offer that.

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

#23 Irenë Hawnetyne

Irenë Hawnetyne

-

• Hosted
  • 3,073 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 04:58 PM

Well, I'd just seek those instead of complaining about something you're unwilling to change for yourself. Simple, right?

#24 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 13 June 2014 - 05:02 PM

I have a LOT to say, but the topic should not be de-railed. I'm not trying to introduce a sob-fest about my career complications.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#25 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 13 June 2014 - 05:05 PM

Irene, stop being so naaasty. Gee-wiz. 

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#26 Irenë Hawnetyne

Irenë Hawnetyne

-

• Hosted
  • 3,073 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 05:07 PM

In retrospect that sounds harsher than I intended. Sawryyy...

#27 Zeta1127

Zeta1127

Supporter of P-canon

• Members
  • 415 posts
  • Projects:A Galaxy Far, Far Away
  •  Ancient Order of the Whills Clone Marshal Commander of the 89th Legion

Posted 13 June 2014 - 05:29 PM

Other things that bother me about BfME 2 are the generic nature of leadership in comparison to the first game and leaving out numerous maps from the first game that give a more complete picture of Gondor, Rohan, and Mordor. Ships are also a major strain on the command point limit, though it is usually possible to get away with a smaller army on a naval map like Umbar.

And for some reason, my BfME 2 Collector's Edition game DVD is already sufficiently scratched that Textures4.big won't copy over properly during installation, probably from playing too much SEE, meaning I can't install it on any other computers for the time being.

Edited by Zeta1127, 13 June 2014 - 05:32 PM.

"I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango Fett
"You are fooling yourself, Captain. Nothing here is what it seems. You are not the plucky hero, the Alliance is not an evil empire, and this is not the grand arena."
"And that's not incense." - The Operative and Inara Serra
"What you will see, if you leave the Mirror free to work, I cannot tell. For it shows things that were, and things that are, and things that yet maybe. But which it is that he sees, even the wisest cannot always tell. Do you wish to look?" - Galadriel
Clone Marshal Commander Zeta 1127 of the 89th Legion
Admiral Zebulon Wilhelm of Task Force Mystic/Fleet Junkie

#28 Lenwë

Lenwë

title available

• Project Team
  • 260 posts
  • Projects:An Unexpected Mod
  •  Nothing... Really

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:58 PM

Yes, Maps is a really huge gap left between 1 and 2. BFME 1 had some really unique maps that were seen in the movies but BFME 2 really improved with the use of night/day and also snow as well as a huge number of other terrain textures from all across middle-earth.

#29 Irenë Hawnetyne

Irenë Hawnetyne

-

• Hosted
  • 3,073 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 08:26 PM

What annoyed me was the lack of depth in the Cirith Ungol tower in the first's campaign. Guh.

#30 Bashkuga

Bashkuga

Because good guys are too mainstream

• Project Team
  • 2,039 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring Betatester and Mapper, Edain Mod Betatester
  •  Out of the frying pan, and into the fire..

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:01 PM

If they made the game in 2014 it would have been a lot better, since computer performances are better too.

#31 Irenë Hawnetyne

Irenë Hawnetyne

-

• Hosted
  • 3,073 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:10 AM

I disagree. System-wise maybe it would be better, but look at all the latest Tolkien games and how crap they are. Unimaginative mostly, and somewhat ridiculous.

#32 Zeta1127

Zeta1127

Supporter of P-canon

• Members
  • 415 posts
  • Projects:A Galaxy Far, Far Away
  •  Ancient Order of the Whills Clone Marshal Commander of the 89th Legion

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:52 AM

It almost seems like Gondor/Rohan and to a lesser extent Isengard were somewhat of an afterthought BfME2, to the point that they were only included because they were in the first game.

How Glorfindel and Gloin were handled in BfME 2 was enough to convince me that a good Tolkien game probably isn't likely anytime soon, then Shadow of Mordor showed just how true that really was.

"I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango Fett
"You are fooling yourself, Captain. Nothing here is what it seems. You are not the plucky hero, the Alliance is not an evil empire, and this is not the grand arena."
"And that's not incense." - The Operative and Inara Serra
"What you will see, if you leave the Mirror free to work, I cannot tell. For it shows things that were, and things that are, and things that yet maybe. But which it is that he sees, even the wisest cannot always tell. Do you wish to look?" - Galadriel
Clone Marshal Commander Zeta 1127 of the 89th Legion
Admiral Zebulon Wilhelm of Task Force Mystic/Fleet Junkie

#33 JUS_SAURON

JUS_SAURON

El Shaddai

• Members
  • 1,581 posts
  • Projects: BFME2 MOD - Power Of The Ring
  •   INI Coder

Posted 05 September 2014 - 12:12 AM

So I played mostly Bfme2 and modded for it .But lately seem to prefer the fixed plot system of Bfme1 .True the graphics suck and overall less content ,less factions ,less spells etc .But I get more of that true to the movie feel from Bfme1 than 2 .Building 30 towers or multiple castles looses realism which I need for this to be enjoyable .....Realism in a fantasy game , can't do without that !

#34 Lenwë

Lenwë

title available

• Project Team
  • 260 posts
  • Projects:An Unexpected Mod
  •  Nothing... Really

Posted 30 September 2014 - 08:43 PM

Realism, I know you're half kidding but some modders get really serious about it. Like Edain, and all the mods that try to rebalance Gandalf vs. Balrog. This is a game, not the movies. In order for a computer game to work some things have to be altered to enable fair game play, especially if you intend to go multiplayer.

If your going to make everything parallel with how it was in the films then your going to need 9 near-invincible Nazgul and a Boromir that dies after three arrow shots.  

#35 Irenë Hawnetyne

Irenë Hawnetyne

-

• Hosted
  • 3,073 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 06:01 AM

9 near-invincible Nazgul

Pfft, just throw some matchsticks at them and they run like hell :p

#36 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 05 October 2014 - 06:08 AM

Or hit em with a bit of feminism.

#37 Irenë Hawnetyne

Irenë Hawnetyne

-

• Hosted
  • 3,073 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 06:49 AM

You really are evil, Kwen :p

#38 dialsamai

dialsamai
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 07:54 PM

It almost seems like Gondor/Rohan and to a lesser extent Isengard were somewhat of an afterthought BfME2, to the point that they were only included because they were in the first game.

Hello, good day to all. This seems like an interesting statement to me, so I will risk reviving this.

You know, when using the Elves and the Dwarves one can tell Legolas and Gimli are a relic of an older game. I would say Men of the West feel the same way, only it's the whole faction! Those soldiers and archers, and even rangers, just don't fit with the rest of the game's "material".

Isengard feels like that as well, as stated above, but Mordor too. I think there are not that many changes from game 1 to game 2. "Afterthought" is an iteresting way of putting it. Like, hey we made a game that revolves around our 3 new factions (at least the campaign), but the old 3 were there before (and also, this campaign is kind of crappy...) so let's throw them in there as well. The goblin hordes of archers and warriors feel that way too. Does it seem to have something to do with recycled models to you?

#39 Bashkuga

Bashkuga

Because good guys are too mainstream

• Project Team
  • 2,039 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring Betatester and Mapper, Edain Mod Betatester
  •  Out of the frying pan, and into the fire..

Posted 21 April 2015 - 05:21 PM

Eh I don't know if I understood your comment correctly but EA was just too lazy to remodel/reskin the BFME1 units :p. If it bothers you then you can always download the HD patches made by the talented t3a modders!!

#40 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 21 April 2015 - 08:12 PM

The thing is, I'm 99% sure that EA does, in fact, have high quality textures for everything they did in BFME1. They just down-scaled it for the release of BFME1, so less people would get lag when playing. The fact that we have the original HD versions of the Gondor Soldier and Gondor Ranger backs this up, besides the fact that it's really the only way to go. You don't pay artists to make 64x64 textures, after all :p

One might wonder why EA didn't take to their senses and add these textures again when they released BFME2, given how all the new units had a higher resolution on their textures. Though, it has to be said, even if they did improve the textures of the units from BFME1 (basically, everything dialsamai mentioned), they would still look out of place. BFME2's content are all in a cartoon style, while BFME1's content is more realistic.

Pretty much everything that wasn't in the movies, and thus EA had to design it themselves, looks cartoonish. There's probably exceptions to this rule, but it's a general trend. Monsters excluded though.

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users