The John Farnham of modding

• Members
  • 7,722 posts
  • Projects:Comeback tour
  •  The Retired Beard

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:47 PM

So E3 starts in about 4 days.

What are you guys looking forward to?

I think Nintendo will be the ones to watch this year especially with a new Pokemon remake in the works and Smash Bros.

I'm also looking forward to what Squareenix will be doing they'll be releasing more info on Kingdom Hearts II.5, Final Fantasy XIV and maybe even a bit more news on FF XV.

Break dancing into the hearts of millions

#2 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:26 AM

If Nintendo and Square Enix have anything to announce, it's a public apology for all the awful games they've been releasing recently. 

I have a guy who's going to look at Orcs must Die Unchained for me, and Civilization Beyond Earth... so I'm looking forward to news on them.

#3 Elric

Elric

Designer

• Hosted
  • 2,857 posts
  • Projects:Middle-Earth Expanded
  •  Coder
  • Donated

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:30 AM

I am thinking Ubisoft is also on that list because of Assassins Creed. If they dont do something about the series soon that boasts new game mechanics then their fan base will collapse big time.

Also, not at E3 but interesting is Amazon's Smartphone to be revealed by the end of this month.

#4 Radspakr Wolfbane

Radspakr Wolfbane

• Members
  • 7,722 posts
  •  The Retired Beard

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:08 AM

http://www.e3expo.com/

So it's started and so far it looks about the same as every year new Battlefield, new COD, Sims4 and teasing Mass Effect 4.

An interesting one is the new Conker game.

I'm guessing that Nintendo haven't done their thing yet since there's no news from them yet.

#5 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:08 PM

I'm very excited for the new Conker.  I'm just hoping I don't see multiplayer again... last time, it was awful.

And Mass Effect 4 just makes me sigh... it's not wanted or necessary. EA ruined that series, they made awful lore decisions in 3, and I'm just over it.  Which is sad since ME 1 and 2 are some of my favorite games.

But apparently there's a playable version of Binding of Isaac Rebirth at E3 currently, which is my #1 reason on why I'm upset not to be there.

Oh... I hinted at the music in the new Metal Gear Solid 5 E3 trailer, but I almost forgot to post the actual thing:

Directed by Kojima, so you know it's going to be nice.  He just doesn't seem to know how to make endings properly.  Those little integrated clips were a bit silly.  But my biggest complaint?  Yup.  You guessed it.  That is not David Hayter's voice coming out of Big Boss' fugging mouth.  It's Keither Southerland, or however you spell his stupid name.  He has zero understanding of how Big Boss' voice is supposed to be played.  

Edited by Pasidon, 10 June 2014 - 06:55 PM.

#6 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:00 PM

Yeah, canning David Hayter is unforgiveable. 

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#7 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:46 PM

I also noticed something else from that... Big Boss killing people in a cut scene?  It that's what it looked like, anyway.  But It's actually cannon that Big Boss died with only taking the life of The Boss.  I'm sort of confused, Kojima.  

#8 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts
  • Job:Network Leader

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:51 PM

Yeah, canning David Hayter is unforgiveable.

And so unnecessary... I mean, why? He's not dead, or overused like Nolan North. Kiefer doesn't do a bad job, it just takes a lot of getting used to a new voice coming from a familiar head.

I'd really like to play MGS 5. Unfortunately, it's not coming to PC, not yet at least, and I'm now spoiled with good graphics and it's hard to go back to playing PS3 games. It's plausible that I'll eventually get a PS4 though, for Uncharted, Killzone, The Last of Us, The Order and Infamous. Or perhaps timeshare one with other PC gamers I know.

I always like watching the press conferences, even though some games I can't play because I don't have an Xbox or PS4, and others because there are simply too many games in the world to play them all. It's just fun to see all the new stuff presented one after another in a (mostly) slick show, and the vibe is nice, even though it can be a bit too O.M.G. Aaawesome!-American at times.

So far I've seen the Ubisoft and EA press conferences. Though everything always looks nicer in these presentations than the final product, I'm sure I'm going to enjoy the latest installments in the Far Cry and AssCreed series. The way the new assasin can quickly drop down from ledges is a long awaited feature, that I didn't know I wanted until I saw it. Rainbow Six Siege looked nice, though it's probably not going to make my overcrowd to-playlist.

Battlefield Hardline looks like it'll be fun. The same varied gameplay as the latest installments, but with a different setting for a change. Not that I don't like the military setting, but some variety is good. I'm a fan of the original Mirror's Edge, so definitely interested in the sequel, but what they showed looked almost exactly like the first game. Maybe it's a bit too early. They had better get the same guy to make the music for it though!

Most relieving news so far? GTA V is in fact coming to PC!

bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#9 Radspakr Wolfbane

Radspakr Wolfbane

• Members
  • 7,722 posts
  •  The Retired Beard

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:54 PM

So Nintendo have a new Starfox game, they definitely want people back.

http://www.gamespot....a/1100-6420327/

A new Final Fantasy (sort of)

http://www.gamespot....e/1100-6420339/

Yet another game set in the XIII universe and I'll be honest it's getting boring, it's not the best universe they've come up with.

So far there's FFXIII, XIII-2,XIII-3, Agito and it's new remake type 0, FFXV (formerly known as FFXIII Versus making this the first ever main FF to share a world).

This world will now overtake their previously most used world Ivalice which is the world of Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced, FF XII, Vagrant Story and so on.

2 new Zelda games both the already known Hyrule Warriors but also another one.

http://www.gamespot....5/1100-6420317/

Radit:I knew I wanted a Wii-U but now I really want one, this game looks great.

http://www.gamespot....r/2300-6419391/

There's even a new Kirby game (sort of, which is pretty much the trend with Kirby now every game is a spin off/remake of a previous game)

http://www.gamespot....5/1100-6420326/

Also while I haven't played either of the Little Big Planet Stephen Fry is voicing the 3rd game which is pretty cool.

Edited by Radspakr Wolfbane, 10 June 2014 - 11:03 PM.

#10 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:10 PM

FF Type-0 is just a PSP port.  And how many PSP ports are worth anyone's time?  Currently 1.  Will Square Enix make that 2? Doubt it.  And wool world, Starfox, and the Zelda'ish Zelda game is just... again?  Wanna innovate anytime soon, Japan?  No? That Dynasty Warriors Zelda is... fine.  But if you think about it, it's nothing new.  They're just recycling the DW idea with a Zelda IP.  If that's innovation, then I dunno what isn't.

And yea... MGS 5 is coming out for the retarded Xbox 1, but not PC?  Kojima is a lazy piece of trash.  When Platinum Games makes a MGS game, not only do they port to pc, but they make a darn good port.  And if Platinum ef'ing games can do it without issue, then what excuse does Kojima have?  An Xbox 1 release says to me it's not about keeping it exclusive to Japanese hardware.  So what is it, Kojima?  Eh?  Quit snorting mercury out of your lead glazed bong and get with 2014.

#11 Radspakr Wolfbane

Radspakr Wolfbane

• Members
  • 7,722 posts
  •  The Retired Beard

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:03 AM

So this happened.

http://www.gamespot....i/2300-6419622/

#12 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:12 AM

Yea, I saw that as well.  It looks so retarded.  We want an HD FF 7, not Temple Run with Cloud Bloody Strife.  Good actual lord... 

#13 Radspakr Wolfbane

Radspakr Wolfbane

• Members
  • 7,722 posts
  •  The Retired Beard

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:22 AM

It might be ok as a free release or something cheap to kill a couple hours, providing the controls are better than they were in FF7.

God I hate the controls for that mini game and my FF7 game crashes right after that sequence so when I do pick it up again I have to play it through again.

#14 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:56 AM

That brings up something interesting... has Japan ever released something for free?  Because you're right.  If this game is anything more than 5 bucks, then there is no way.  Might as well buy FF 7 on PC for 5 bucks and play the Skii game, or submarine game as well as the bike game in the arcade at the Golden Saucer.

#15 Radspakr Wolfbane

Radspakr Wolfbane

• Members
  • 7,722 posts
  •  The Retired Beard

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:21 AM

The 3d Pokedex was originally free does that count?

#16 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:22 AM

That's more of a free interactive graphic novel than a video game.

#17 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:42 AM

I've seen all press conferences now. Why doesn't Nintendo do a real one anymore? There's just something missing when there's no (overenthusiastic) crowd reaction. A new Zelda is of course reason for joy, but when the guy said things like "you can even go to those mountains you see in the distance there" all I thought was, other games were using that as a key selling point years ago, and it's a shame your consoles have been so lagging behind in power. Still, 2 Zeldas, 1 Mario and 1... Captain Toad... might just get me to buy a WiiU.

Microsoft had some nice exclusives, which is a shame because I'll probably never own an Xbox One.
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#18 Radspakr Wolfbane

Radspakr Wolfbane

• Members
  • 7,722 posts
  •  The Retired Beard

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:52 PM

Wasn't it because Iwata was sick?

#19 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:53 PM

Nope, they were always going to do it this way, as they have last year.

Due to Nintendo’s plans for E3, Iwata staying in Japan likely won’t change much about their presence at the show. Once again, they’re forgoing a traditional on-stage press conference, instead opting for a video presentation to debut all their new titles and features in the style of an overstuffed Nintendo Direct.

#20 Elric

Elric

Designer

• Hosted
  • 2,857 posts
  • Projects:Middle-Earth Expanded
  •  Coder
  • Donated

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:01 PM

Tomb Raider new game. Looks absolutely fantastic! :D Beat the first one in a day due to non-stop playing. Quite good. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users