final omega maps scenarios campaigns

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Eternity 6

Eternity 6
  • Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 07:18 AM

A list of maps , campaigns and scenarios you would like be made when final omega is released.  

This is just a collection of ideas and thoughts of cool things to do with final omega , feel free to add you own ideas .

Campaign

-A remake of the Red Alert + Yuri's Revenge campaign missions with new toys ( Mental Omega units )

Scenarios 

-A scenario about the Mental Omega heroes . When the commanders are out they get together at " Sleazy Joe's " to drink away their problems often leading to awkward confrontations and the most epic of adventures .

- Mental Omega meets Left 4 Dead , the Mental Omega heroes must escape a zombie Apocalypse or survive until rescue arrives .

-A "Font Lone-star" remake for Mental Omega or any co-op survival map where you get just the basics .

Maps

- A large 4v4 player map centering around a vast sea focusing upon naval warfare , and perhaps some additional naval units and naval defenses that the player may build .

-A moon themed map.

-A map themed on Jurassic Park with roaming aggressive dinosaurs .

#2 Sven Co. Op

Sven Co. Op

Knightframe "Custom" Suit Pilot

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  The Few, The Proud, The Foehn

Posted 07 June 2014 - 08:01 AM

Interesting. But considering the time it takes to make all this, it's possible, but it will take a long time. This is what kills some ideas, they just take too long to put any effort into.

"I had normal life, till the day our thoughts got clouded in a dark shroud. My home was destroyed, then they found me, or rather, I found them.

#3 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 11:28 AM

I will make the combination of a fortress / infantry war map, in which a player with a very heavily defended base will have to fight against 7 others, each having a bunch of cloning vats.

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

#4 Meyerm

Meyerm

Commisar

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 06:26 PM

I liked RA2's Soviet campaign where Yuri becomes the Soviet dictator. I myself was gonna make a sort of alternate history scenario where instead of making Epsilon, Yuri assumes control of the Soviets and gives the Soviets some of the would-be Epsilon tech like the mastermind, stealth tanks, etc.

#5 Allied Commander ???

Allied Commander ???

Tweaks INI and MIX files

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:53 AM

Of course most of the users will use it to unlock map-only, campaign-only units in MO

#6 MrFreeze777

MrFreeze777
  • Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:57 AM

This is why Mental Omega 3.0 can't be summed up with words describing how awesome it truly is. WOW A fucking MAP EDITOR, something that was featured in Red Alert 1 but never fully returned in Red Alert 2(which had an automatic map generator that sucked in comparison). The possibilities are limitless. Thank you RP and Speeder for making it a reality.

Edited by MrFreeze777, 08 June 2014 - 07:58 AM.

#7 X1Destroy

X1Destroy

title available

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:58 AM

You know, that automatic map generator is an awesome feature that have been lost forever since after Generals........

BTW, the first thing I'm gonna do with Final Omega is to bring back the vanilla maps that were removed for some lame reasons. I will also try to make new fortress maps as well.

Edited by X1Destroy, 08 June 2014 - 08:58 AM.

"Protecting the land of the Free."
efXH1rz.png

#8 RP.

RP.

Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 447 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega 3.0
  •  Mental Omega Mission Coder

Posted 08 June 2014 - 11:47 AM

Oh... Things I'd do in FinalOmega...

I can't think of anything other than releasing it!  :smile2ap:

Posted Image

FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor ™

Mental Omega mission coder

#9 Eternity 6

Eternity 6
  • Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 03:10 PM

A mission where you get to test out the experimental Thor gunship as seen in  " Thunder God " * excitement *

#10 MrFreeze777

MrFreeze777
  • Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:45 PM

You know, that automatic map generator is an awesome feature that have been lost forever since after Generals........

Yeah automatic map generator is convenient since it's much faster than a map editor since it creates a whole maps and the small details like trees and tech buildings in less than a minutes but the problems with RA2 automatic map generator is unequal player positions where an MCV is too close to a cliff, some ore/gems is too close to and inside the cliff so it can't be gathered by harvester, ore is randomly scatter across map so some areas will have more ore than other places, and some players in map have more build space than others. Where in the map editor you can at least prevent that from happening and if its possible you can even edit automatically generated maps and fix any thing unbalanced. 

Edited by MrFreeze777, 08 June 2014 - 07:12 PM.

#11 Meyerm

Meyerm

Commisar

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:50 PM

Auto map generators don't allow you to add specific buildings/units, triggers, etc.

#12 X1Destroy

X1Destroy

title available

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:15 PM

Auto map generators don't allow you to add specific buildings/units, triggers, etc.

You don't need such things for a quick skirmish match. It's faster this way.

Yeah automatic map generator is convenient since it's much faster than a map editor since it creates a whole maps and the small details like trees and tech buildings in less than a minutes but the problems with RA2 automatic map generator is unequal player positions where an MCV is too close to a cliff, some ore/gems is to close to and inside the cliff so it can't be gathered by harvester, ore is randomly scatter across map so some areas will have more ore than other places, and some players in map have more build space than others. Where in the map editor you can at least prevent that from happening and if its possible you can even edit automatically generated maps and fix any thing unbalanced. 

Balance is a problem yes, but isn't it better to have both the editor and the generator than just one of them?
Most of the times I just want to have a nice and fresh new map for a quick Skirmish match. That way I don't have to worry about repetitive map layouts.
Making a new map from scratch is bloody hard.

Edited by X1Destroy, 08 June 2014 - 07:17 PM.

"Protecting the land of the Free."
efXH1rz.png

#13 MrFreeze777

MrFreeze777
  • Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:24 PM

That's true both the editor and the generator make it more convenient than just having one or the other.

#14 Eternity 6

Eternity 6
  • Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:07 AM

There is already a map generator , or will a revised on be released ?

#15 Darkstorm

Darkstorm

Mod Enjoyer

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:01 AM

A scenario or short campaign that reveals that Scorpion Cell is, in fact, the early days Brotherhood of Nod...

#16 Eternity 6

Eternity 6
  • Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 07:32 AM

A scenario or short campaign that reveals that Scorpion Cell is, in fact, the early days Brotherhood of Nod...

Brilliant  

Edited by Eternity 6, 09 June 2014 - 07:34 AM.

#17 Meyerm

Meyerm

Commisar

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:31 PM

I was gonna make a bunch of short single missions too. For example, Pre-Epsilon Scorpion Cell raids an American supply base (just before Scrapyard), American and Euro forces team up to save the Panama Canal from the Confederation, Vietnam stands alone against China, Yuri acquires stealth tech for his forces from a Russian facility researching the recovered WW2 phase tank, etc.

#18 lovalmidas

lovalmidas

Yunru Kanegawa. Go figure. Go mental.

• Project Team
  • 1,192 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega Almost Perfect Yunru's Revenge Version 3.0
  •  Why am I not in the Centurion?

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:01 PM

Play with Final Alert 2 first. That's all I can say. Quality does not come strongly with software.

If not for Cesare's help with his godlike skills in map-making, you'll be seeing my missions with a lot less detail (and take at least a week more time). I think the Brain Reset and Thunder God maps took about a week to map (and about half a week or one to script). Attack on Buggy took longer. Rush Tactics took shorter. I think the shortest one to map was Epsilon mission Landlocked - two days maximum (which Speeder tweaked heavily so that it IS an Epsilon mission), and even then, there were only 10% of those flavour buildings than there currently is.

On the extreme spectrum, Singularity took more than eighteen months (including BR2 fixes) to make and fix. ~2-3 months to make the first version, ~2 months to test and tweak it to a more playable version, the rest to relax/fix/add stuff. And this is with an existing mission template (MO2.0 Duality map). Yay! :D

Singularity was my first assignment in MO3.0 anyway (Death from Above was next). My ambition to surpass the one true Speeder in terms of insanity went too far I guess. :p

I was making the mission in between university lessons, so there.

Still, I am glad that there is a strong market for fan missions. My MO2.0 fan missions thread had only my missions *sob sob*.

EDIT: We must build additional emphasis.

Edited by lovalmidas, 10 June 2014 - 07:11 PM.

30m70ag.png

Mental Omega on the web:
fbbutton.png ytbutton.png mdbutton.png dsbutton.png
IRC: #menthosogma (Rizon)

#19 Sven Co. Op

Sven Co. Op

Knightframe "Custom" Suit Pilot

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  The Few, The Proud, The Foehn

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:54 AM

Play with Final Alert 2 first. That's all I can say. Quality does not come strongly with software.

If not for Cesare's help with his godlike skills in map-making, you'll be seeing my missions with a lot less detail (and take at least a week more time). I think the Brain Reset and Thunder God maps took about a week to map (and about half a week or one to script). Attack on Buggy took longer. Rush Tactics took shorter. I think the shortest one to map was Epsilon mission Landlocked - two days maximum (which Speeder tweaked heavily so that it IS an Epsilon mission), and even then, there were only 10% of those flavour buildings than there currently is.

On the extreme spectrum, Singularity took more than eighteen months (including BR2 fixes) to make and fix. ~2-3 months to make the first version, ~2 months to test and tweak it to a more playable version, the rest to relax/fix/add stuff. And this is with an existing mission template (MO2.0 Duality map). Yay! :D

Singularity was my first assignment in MO3.0 anyway (Death from Above was next). My ambition to surpass the one true Speeder in terms of insanity went too far I guess. :p

I was making the mission in between university lessons, so there.

Still, I am glad that there is a strong market for fan missions. My MO2.0 fan missions thread had only my missions *sob sob*.

EDIT: We must build additional emphasis.

Dedication to the mod while in college. Kudos lovalmidas.

"I had normal life, till the day our thoughts got clouded in a dark shroud. My home was destroyed, then they found me, or rather, I found them.

#20 lovalmidas

lovalmidas

Yunru Kanegawa. Go figure. Go mental.

• Project Team
  • 1,192 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega Almost Perfect Yunru's Revenge Version 3.0
  •  Why am I not in the Centurion?

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:58 AM

I suppose you never heard that many of the staff members are still schooling, so to speak. IMO it is easier to work for your own interests while still in school (or unemployed, but let's not go to that scenario.)

30m70ag.png

Mental Omega on the web:
fbbutton.png ytbutton.png mdbutton.png dsbutton.png
IRC: #menthosogma (Rizon)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users