#1 FELITH

FELITH
  • Members
  • 165 posts
  •  Gimme some smacks

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:06 PM

Why he is removed from this faction ?

shkicon.jpgpost-48363-1206817229.jpg

Lantin Confederation can't increase Tesla Coil's power ?

or Mortar Quads can do that?

quadicon.jpgtslaicon.jpg

My English is terrible. :( sorry

Edited by FELITH, 08 June 2014 - 07:06 PM.

#2 Martinoz

Martinoz

Just MK

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 1,621 posts
  • Projects:YR Argentina Webmaster
  •  Since April 2011
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:YR Argentina

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:14 PM

How the Mortar Quads could power up Tesla Coil??

7fqd2Qz.png

#3 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:15 PM

No, Mortar Quads can't charge coils.

However, the current plan is to restore the Tesla Trooper for the Confeds, so you don't have to worry about it.

Edited by Petya, 08 June 2014 - 07:15 PM.

#4 FELITH

FELITH
  • Members
  • 165 posts
  •  Gimme some smacks

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:39 PM

xD Mortar Quards can charge tesla coils xD

"thanks for answer"

#5 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:49 AM

Whynot? They could drive their bikes on a treadmill near the Tesla Coil to charge them. :p

#6 mevitar

mevitar

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Hosted
  • 1,971 posts
  • Projects:Doom Desire
  •  (◉ _ ◉)

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:53 PM

I don't see an issue with Confeds not being able to charge-up Tesla Coils. It's like Scorpion Cell losing mind control. Both factions don't get all of the iconic stuff other factions of their side get, so Confeds losing portable tesla weaponry would make sense.

Anyway, Confeds get Smoke Turrets that "empower" base defenses by reducing enemy firepower.

Edited by mevitar, 09 June 2014 - 01:54 PM.

• fff likes this
ded signature

(◉ ᗝ ◉)

#7 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach

Supérior Caliburwielder

• Project Team
  • 2,187 posts
  • Projects:Infinty Engine modding, OpenHV, Attacque Supérior (sometimes)
  •  That guy you keep hearing the stories about.

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:11 PM

Not to mention, Confeds are on low budget, how could they afford all that plate to arm up their own Tesla Troops...

Also I don't see many usage case of powered up Tesla Coils neither. On multiplayer, players usually send in more units at the same time and EMP can only stop one. Regarding their role on their own, Pyros and Mortar Quads (with sensors ofc) would completely have the gap filled.

Edited by Graion Dilach, 09 June 2014 - 02:13 PM.

kuuHd4s.png6pDXsCS.png
n0J1wqE.pngIX8pBXZ.png

AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2

ComradeCrimson: AS is the product of Hungarian acid
ComradeCrimson: And magical hussars
Dutchygamer: and Weird Al.

#8 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:21 PM

Charged Tesla Coils have bigger range.

#9 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach

Supérior Caliburwielder

• Project Team
  • 2,187 posts
  • Projects:Infinty Engine modding, OpenHV, Attacque Supérior (sometimes)
  •  That guy you keep hearing the stories about.

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:51 PM

The moment a unit gets close to a charged Tesla Coil, TTroops will stop charging the coil, and attack that unit. Even bigger range doesn't really help on that.
kuuHd4s.png6pDXsCS.png
n0J1wqE.pngIX8pBXZ.png

AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2

ComradeCrimson: AS is the product of Hungarian acid
ComradeCrimson: And magical hussars
Dutchygamer: and Weird Al.

#10 Paperbase

Paperbase
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:20 PM

Confed should be able to have tesla troopers since not having them cuases them to be lacking, liiike

1. They cant charge tesla coils

2.mortors quads are more expensive confed is going to have a little bit more trouble in early game on training them

3.Catastrophes have one less passenger that can fire

Not to mention, Confeds are on low budget, how could they afford all that plate to arm up their own Tesla Troops...

On that confed still has desolaters, if confed loses the tesla trooper then confed should also lose the desolater since they cost more but if that happens confed will be WEAK agianst factions in multiplayer. Also Confed has the catastrophe I think that shows confed can be able to have tesla troopers with their budget.

#11 Jargalhurts

Jargalhurts

Mental Face

• Project Team
  • 328 posts
  • Projects:Nothing worth showing off.
  •  Actually Yngwie of House Malmsteen.

Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:07 PM

Just replace Tesla Coil with a different defense for Confeds that has a different specialty like: consuming less power than the Coil or something. A defense with a bit more practical roots in military technology would be appropriate. An incendiary missile turret could do fine.

Edited by Jargalhurts, 10 June 2014 - 01:48 AM.

Actually Yngwie of Haus Malmsteen, feefty eenches of pure Svwedish beef.

#12 Atomic_Noodles

Atomic_Noodles

Colony Hivemind

• Project Team
  • 854 posts
  • Projects:Red Alert - Colony Wars
  •  Colony Wars Hive Mind

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:03 AM

People are forgetting that LC will have the technology to reverse-engineer infantry they steal. So just grab a Tesla Trooper from your ally/enemy during matches with the Drakuv once BR2 rolls out.

I'm probably hoping they add a Mission revolved around this in Act 2 also tbh...

~ Getting cringe reactions when you see a RAINBOW means you have issues. ~

"This World is an Illussion,Exile" -High Templar Dominus

#13 Meyerm

Meyerm

Commisar

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:23 AM

People are forgetting that LC will have the technology to reverse-engineer infantry they steal. So just grab a Tesla Trooper from your ally/enemy during matches with the Drakuv once BR2 rolls out.

I'm probably hoping they add a Mission revolved around this in Act 2 also tbh...

What if there aren't any Russian or Chinese players in a match? The tesla coil loses its ability to be overcharged or remain online at low power. The tesla coil's ability to be augmented by a tesla trooper was designed to balance against the prism tower's ability to couple their shots. I'm not sure the smoke turret would fully compensate for this.

#14 Atomic_Noodles

Atomic_Noodles

Colony Hivemind

• Project Team
  • 854 posts
  •  Colony Wars Hive Mind

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:40 AM

Sucks to be you then... :p

The LC are described as not being the most fully equipped sub-faction.

Tesla Coils add almost 50% increase in damage this damage isn't an actual percentage.

Smoke Cannons apply -50% Armor. Which is an actual percentage so that -50% Armor provides a bigger boost and also probably has very long range comparable to Siege Units.

#15 Meyerm

Meyerm

Commisar

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:06 AM

They have the drakuv and catastrophe (with a freaking ramjet cannon). Tesla troopers shouldn't be too hard to produce.

#16 Atomic_Noodles

Atomic_Noodles

Colony Hivemind

• Project Team
  • 854 posts
  •  Colony Wars Hive Mind

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:05 AM

A Ramjet Cannon is probably cheaper to manufacture than plenty of Specially-Designed insulated armor and man-portable Tesla Coils.

I'm not making the game Speeder is. He wanted to remove Tesla Troopers for the LC back then too but someone gave him the argument that Tesla Troopers are still needed since they're the only unit they have to overcharge Tesla Coils.

Pyros fill the Anti-Infantry Role & Mortar Quads fulfill its Anti-Armor & Detector Role. The LC isn't supposed to have access to best gear available.

If you'd want it in probably better to clone the Infantry and have a LC Specific One which has build limit...

Honestly I've never seen people overcharge Tesla Coils in matches. The only time I see it is someone is dirt rich or in the Campaign.

#17 Eternity 6

Eternity 6
  • Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:05 AM

How about a deploy ability for LC's Tesla towers which boosts it's damage it doesn't give the other bonuses of Tesla troopers and the tower takess  damage over time .

How it work : the LC not having access to portable Tesla technology as the other soviet factions and decided to boost their Tesla towers in a different way by charging it with surge of power but since the tower wasn't designed to operate under such conditions the structure takes damage .

A separate question

If the LC cannot afford Tesla tech then how can they afford a nuclear reactor , like seriously isn't a nuclear reactor more expensive then a dozen Tesla troopers in the game and in real life . 

#18 Jargalhurts

Jargalhurts

Mental Face

• Project Team
  • 328 posts
  • Projects:Nothing worth showing off.
  •  Actually Yngwie of House Malmsteen.

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:36 AM

The moment a unit gets close to a charged Tesla Coil, TTroops will stop charging the coil, and attack that unit. Even bigger range doesn't really help on that.

I believe you can keep the Tesla Troopers charging by making them force fire the Coils. Might have been changed in 3.0, but I really doubt it.

How about a deploy ability for LC's Tesla towers which boosts it's damage it doesn't give the other bonuses of Tesla troopers and the tower takess  damage over time .

How it work : the LC not having access to portable Tesla technology as the other soviet factions and decided to boost their Tesla towers in a different way by charging it with surge of power but since the tower wasn't designed to operate under such conditions the structure takes damage .

A separate question

If the LC cannot afford Tesla tech then how can they afford a nuclear reactor , like seriously isn't a nuclear reactor more expensive then a dozen Tesla troopers in the game and in real life . 

IN real life, some countries are rich enough to have Nuclear Reactors but no country has ever been rich enough to have Tesla Coils. :p

Edited by Jargalhurts, 10 June 2014 - 07:38 AM.

Actually Yngwie of Haus Malmsteen, feefty eenches of pure Svwedish beef.

#19 Atomic_Noodles

Atomic_Noodles

Colony Hivemind

• Project Team
  • 854 posts
  •  Colony Wars Hive Mind

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:02 AM

By this argument we might as well just share all the units on each faction. Bomb Buggies should be available to all Soviets. Wolfhound shouldn't be russian specific. Centurion should be shared. blablabla...

#20 Eternity 6

Eternity 6
  • Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:26 AM

IN real life, some countries are rich enough to have Nuclear Reactors but no country has ever been rich enough to have Tesla Coils. :p

What have you done any research on Tesla coils their are plenty of them , even hobbyists can own very large ones which are several meters high however I will admit that they aren't quite as destructive but still.

By this argument we might as well just share all the units on each faction. Bomb Buggies should be available to all Soviets. Wolfhound shouldn't be russian specific. Centurion should be shared. blablabla...

I understand but the original argument was remove LC's Tesla troopers because they couldn't afford it and by that logic they shouldn't have access to nuclear technology , Iron curtains , irradiators and nuclear missiles . bla , bla , bla.

I don't see the need for them to be removed LC is already weak as it is and now they are meant to focus more on infantry combat due to the prison camp and your making this even harder as they don't have Tesla troopers the only infantry that belong to the soviets that can really take some damage . 

All I really want is a proper reason for the Tesla trooper removal from LC as well as a new unit to for fill it's role , as I find the logic of removing Tesla troopers from LC because their poor rather flawed .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users