That news was very nice to hear. I really thought mod was left as 1.2.
But I like to know if making galactic maps in line with The Essential Atlas means that planets will be clickable? I mean that distances between them should allow to click all their orbiting fleets without mistakes (oops I click wrong planet again!).
Second one: does fps improve after numerous changes to improve performance to let's say 30-40 fps in GFFA?
Third: if the fighters are rebalanced now, does it mean there is a need to build starships? In 1.0-1.2 I mostly built fighters and transports as there was nor fleet that can withstand attack of 40+ squadrons
Fourth: did you see land combat in this mod?
I really think that is something of interest.
Hello Phoenix Rising fans.
So what have we been doing for the past two years? Our initial plan for the next version of the mod was primarily based on integrating the information provided by the release of The Essential Atlas. As software project tend to do, we experienced some rather strong feature creep, and as one thing led to another, we realised we had a version of the mod that is no longer a mere incremental update. In fact, we have:
- Made numerous changes to improve performance
- Remade and rebalanced the hero system
- Rebalanced tech trees
- Galactic Mode
- Brought our galactic maps in line with The Essential Atlas
- Added new planets
- Entirely rebalanced and remade our core sandbox campaigns (still a work-in-progress)
- Created a new planetary bonus system
- Created a new hyperspace system
- Rebalanced freighters, including the addition of light transports
- Improved the display of research
- Improved land combat
- Begun the process of adding infantry weapon models
- New units
- Improved weather system
- Added many new maps in land and space
- Entirely revamped space combat to be in line with land combat:
- New armour, health and shield system
- New weapon balancing and types
- Better display of unit statistics
- New units
- Increase in map size to accommodate the changes
Edited by Hanti, 29 September 2014 - 03:05 PM.