Photo

Thoughts: SP Skirmish, era based mod.

No replies to this topic

Poll: YOUR MUM!!!!!1111eleventywunshift+1!!!!!!

taco ?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 a.fake.name

a.fake.name

title available

• Members
  • 539 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 03:37 PM

What are the current plans for SP skirmish upgrades next version ?

Because I have a few ideas for improvement using pre-existing resources.

Also, I'll do the work my self if someone will hold my hand long enough for me to get a hang of modding a new game.

Anyway, the basic idea is to have a variety of era based maps.
What units are available will be based on a specific era, and there will be less focus on research and more on just fielding capitol warships, with snubcraft no longer buildable, although having a variant of the map with snubcraft enabled wouldn't be that hard, and indeed having variant maps to make everyone happy just plain makes sense when it's reletively easy to do with pre-existing maps.

Past that, if bob or another mapper would be interested in making new maps, would be to remove the current way stations are handled, and make it so every station comes from a build pad, so you can destroy a station and build a replacement.
If pre-exsiting station models were used for this I imagine it'd not be that hard to do.
Have the pad build a Golan Mk1 that can be upgraded, a shipyard model (which builds ships), and a trade station for hero research and cash generation (this would largely supplant the asteroid mines, although produce a slower profit)

For the shipyard model, if possible take the shipyard models from the stock Kuat map and repurpose it as a selectable model, if possible.

Anyway, the basic idea would be to have the map arranged evenly, but with most build pads clustered in groupings so as to promote the use of strategy.

The use of the build pads would allow the player to build stuff where she/he/it wants to.

Edited by a.fake.name, 17 June 2014 - 03:39 PM.

Playing PR when stoned is awesome

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users