Lua Scripting

5 replies to this topic

#1 Boneve de Neco

Boneve de Neco
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 04:06 PM

Hi all,

I would like to try modding a few lua scripts in AI folder, but I see they are compiled. I tried decompiling them, using luaDec and unluac, both complain that they do not have the signature of a valid lua file. For what version of lua were these sripts compiled? Better yet, is there a way to get the source files?

Thank you.

#2 evilbobthebob

evilbobthebob

evilbobthemapper

• Project Team
  • 2,304 posts
  • Projects:Phoenix Rising Maps
  •  Phoenix Rising Mapping Lead

Posted 21 June 2014 - 04:30 PM

I'm not sure if PR wants to provide his Lua scripts decompiled, but if you want to mod the default AI Lua scripts from the base game, you need to install the map editor which comes with the uncompiled source Lua script. The reason your decompilers didn't work is because EaW uses its own Lua format called Lup which changes the header file; they are otherwise indistinguishable from normal Lua. Bear in mind that you need to put the Lua scripts (compiled or not) into a .meg file for the game to read them properly.

Phoenix Rising, head of mapping. Thanks to everyone who got us to the position below!
Posted Image

#3 Boneve de Neco

Boneve de Neco
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 04:57 PM

Thanks a lot for the fast response! Well, I'll see what I can do with the default scripts in map editor.

#4 a.fake.name

a.fake.name

title available

• Members
  • 539 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 04:43 PM

While you're tinkering with it, see if you can find out why pathfinding is so absolute shit in the game.

Playing PR when stoned is awesome

#5 evilbobthebob

evilbobthebob

evilbobthemapper

• Project Team
  • 2,304 posts
  • Projects:Phoenix Rising Maps
  •  Phoenix Rising Mapping Lead

Posted 22 June 2014 - 04:59 PM

That's not related to Lua unfortunately. It's quite hardcoded, though there are some variables in GameConstants.xml that can be fiddled with.

Phoenix Rising, head of mapping. Thanks to everyone who got us to the position below!
Posted Image

#6 a.fake.name

a.fake.name

title available

• Members
  • 539 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:26 AM

though there are some variables in GameConstants.xml that can be fiddled with.

I just might do that.

Playing PR when stoned is awesome

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users