Photo

Larger radius cursor for upgraded Special power?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Madin

Madin

title available

• Hosted
  • 686 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 10:35 AM

I have a super weapon that upgrades itself so it can deliver stronger attacks over time. I am using the 'SpecialPowerDispatchSpecialPower' module along with upgrade requirements to do this.

The issue I am having is that if I want the attack to have a larger radius when upgraded, has far has I can tell there is no way to show that the radius is larger because the parent special power (which dispatches the child special powers which are divided and controlled via upgrades) controls the radius cursor. The child special powers having an increased radius cursor will make no difference, the parent special power takes precedent.

So a larger attack is possible, it is just that the players radius cursor will not show it has larger.

Is there a better way of achieving this?
I want the super weapon charge time to be continuous, which is to say that I do not believe that I can use a method that swaps the 'Gameobject' with another 'Gameobject' that looks the same via a 'ReplaceSelfUpgrade', because while this would allow for a complete new set of commands and special powers, it would also mean that the special powers timer would change (has far has I am aware, it would be a completely different special power after all).

Any ideas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users