Below is a list of common issues and their solutions.
Only make a new thread if your issue is not listed here, none of the solutions work, or you do not understand the solutions.
This list is updated as issues arise.
NOTE: Please read the following carefully before posting. If you don't do this and your problem is one of the problems solved here, WE WILL ONLY REDIRECT YOU HERE.
IF YOU ARE HAVING ISSUES WITH GENERALS OR ZERO HOUR, UNINSTALL THE LAUNCHER (IF YOU HAVE HOOKED IT, UNHOOK FIRST) and INSTALL GENTOOL. You can then use your regular shortcuts and connect to the server. If your issues persist, read on.
- When I launch my game using the C&C:Online launcher, I get the following error: "CA public key patching routine failed"
Solution: Try setting the launcher to Windows XP compatibility mode.
- When I launch my game, I'm getting the following error: Missing Required file "Ssleay32.dll".
Solution: You will have to use the Hook option to hook the games you want to play. Use the Hook menu to hook your games, then use the game's own shortcut to start the launcher and use C&C:Online. Also make sure to disable your antivirus for the hooking.
- I bought the games on Origin and the C&C:Online launcher keeps saying the installation cannot be found. Or: You can not login.
Make sure to run the game with admin rights.
Solution 1 (Generals & Zero Hour):
1) Install the fixed launchers (applicable only if you have the Ultimate Collection via Origin) DOWNLOAD
2) Install GenTool (can be installed if you have Origin versions / retail versions)
3) Uninstall C&C:Online (if you've been hooking, make sure you unhook first)
4) Launch the game and use your C&C:Online credentials to log in. GenTool has C&C:Online support built in.
Solution 3 (C&C3 & RA3): Go into Origin, click the game (in this case either C&C3 or RA3), click the "i" button to the left of "play", click "Game Properties" and check the box "Disable Origin in game for this game" and then launch RA3 or C&C3 via the normal C&C:Online method.
- I'm having trouble using C&C:Online with Steam.
Solution: Open the C&C:Online launcher and use the Hook menu to hook your game.
1. Go into Steam and create a desktop shortcut for your game.
2. Open the C&C:Online launcher and go to the hooking menu. Hook your game. When Hooking, you should receive a prompt asking for your confirmation, this is how you know it worked. If you don't receive anything and the issue still occurs, check your anti-virus (Norton especially) as they are known to delete the hooking file. Add an exception for C&C:Online.
3. Launch the game using the shortcut Steam made for it on your desktop (if you don't have a shortcut, go into Steam and make one). The launcher should pop up, so select your game and off you go
Do you have Hamachi, Tunngle or similar services installed? Try to disable their virtual network devices and shut them down. If it doesn't help, try uninstalling them and rebooting your computer. The IP address in the game's Options > Network settings must be your computer's LAN IP (e.g. 192.168.x.x or 10.x.x.x).
LOG IN ISSUES
- I get the following error when logging in: 'the transaction timed out without receiving a response'.
Solution: This usually happens when you're logging in with your old nickname (the one used on GameSpy). You'll have to make a claim here to get that back. We do this avoid impersonation. In the meantime, use a different nickname.
- Upon login, the game says: "The specified account or sub-account wasn't found".
Solution: Make sure you have set up a Server Login and that you're using the right information to log in (you can check under My Account on the website).
- For Generals, Zero Hour and Red Alert 3, your account name is the E-mail Address you used to register.
- For C&C3 and Kane's Wrath, your account name is the Server Login name displayed under My Account on the website.
- When I try to log in, I get the following error: 'user supplied an incorrect password'.
Solution: This can be caused by two things. Most commonly this happens when you don't use the C&C:Online Password but the password you used to create your Revora account. Make sure you use the Server Password displayed under My Account.
Secondly, this has been reported to happen when the nickname you are attempting to use is too long.
- Upon login, the game says: 'The specified Online ID or account name is already in use'.
Solution: Your nickname has probably been reserved. You need to claim your old nicknames. Activating them takes some time. Read the pinned topics.
- Upon login, the game says: 'Your nickname is bugged as '1' and will forbid online gaming'.
Solution: This happens when your account name (your Revora Log In name) has forbidden characters. Please make a thread to request a Log In name change.
- In Red Alert 3(Origin Version), I keep getting the 'Registry is corrupt and has been altered' error notice after logging in and immediately disconnects after.
Solution: This appears to be a common issue occurring in the Origin Version of Red Alert 3. The issue is related to missing License Key information in Windows's Registry. The fix can be found in this pinned topic.
- In Zero Hour, I keep getting the 'could not connect to persistent storage server' error.
Solution: Try running the launcher as administrator OR uninstall the launcher (make sure you unhook if you have hooked) and use GenTool plus your regular shortcut to launch the game.
- I have trouble connecting to people online (this seems to happen in RA3 the most)
Solution 1: If you got the game(s) through The Ultimate Collection bundle, DOWNLOAD THIS to prevent connection issues to people that don't have The Ultimate Collection.
Solution 2: User Elancore has posted several images of all the correct Generals and Zero Hour settings. Take a look at them here.
Solution 3: Try adding C&C:Online to your Firewall exceptions. Use Google to find out how this is done.
Solution 4: Do you have Hamachi, Tunngle or similar services installed? Try to disable their virtual network devices and shut them down. If it doesn't help, try uninstalling them and rebooting your computer. The IP address in the game's Options > Network settings must be your computer's LAN IP (e.g. 192.168.x.x or 10.x.x.x).
Solution 5a: [NOT FOR RA3] Port forwarding: If, when starting a game, your connection always times out, try this:
- Open UDP port 16000 in your router settings. Go here if you don't know how. Use this to check if your port was succesfully opened.
- In the game go to Options > Network and enter 16000 as the static port.
Solution 5b: [RA3 ONLY] Removing the static port: If, when starting a game in RA3, your connection always times out, try the following:
Find your game's Options.ini (this can be found by typing %appdata% in the Windows search bar and opening the game's folder there). Open Options.ini and remove the following line:
FirewallPortOverride = 16000
Then save Options.ini and set it to read only (right click > properties).
Solution 6: Try opening your DMZ in your router settings. More information on how to do this can be found here.
For people using the TG799vn v2 Router have a look here -> http://forums.revora...ks-with-a-link/
- I registered with Facebook, what is my username for logging into the games?
Solution: Your username is your Facebook name. If this name is too long, make a thread asking for us to change it into something shorter.
- I want to run the game in windowed mode or pass other arguments
Solution: Select your game shortcut. Add -win after the path in Target (right click shortcut > properties). Then use the hooking menu to hook your game and use your -win shortcut.
- Generals and Zero Hour don't work on Windows 8.
Solution: You'll have to create an Options.ini file before launching the game. A detailed guide on this issue can be found here.
Edited by protoman1008, 30 January 2018 - 10:12 AM.
Added solution to Red Alert 3's "Registry is corrupt and has been altered" error in 'LOG IN ISSUES' section. - protoman1008