Photo

Zero Hour Installation Not Found

Best Answer StoneCold, 01 July 2014 - 08:48 AM

I did a full reinstall (cleared EVERYTHING) Registry documents and hard program files info. Re-downloaded and installed (since I am origin ultimate collections) installed the fixed launchers then installed C&C Online then installed GenTool

Thanks, busy redownloading the games from Origin, will test and report back :)

I can confirm that reinstalling both games via Origin, installing the fixed launchers and then installing GenTool solved my problem. Both games launch fine via the launcher now :)

So I suggest installation of the following in this particular order:

1) Install the C&C Online launcher

2) Install both Generals & Zero Hour via Origin (or via retail disc, remember to patch both games)

3) Install the fixed launchers (applicable only if you have the Ultimate Collection via Origin)

4) Install GenTool (can be installed if you have Origin versions / retail versions)

5) Run the C&C Online launcher, click on the "Hook" menu and select Generals & ZH

6) Launch Generals/Zero Hour via Origin / desktop shortcut 

7) Enabling the hook option in step 5 should now trigger the C&C Online launcher to open

8) Pick the game you want to play

9) Play!

;)

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 acrevv23

acrevv23
  • Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 12:19 AM

I'm using origins, running on Windows 8.1. So here is what I've done so far:

I downloaded the client. Registered an account. Updated the c&c online client. I hooked zero hour. I'm running the .exe as administrator  (I have tried my previous shortcut and the new shortcut).

I don't think I forgot to do anything, I can get on the old server just fine, but trying to get on this new server to play Zero Hour is not working. Strangely enough when I click on Generals (in the c&c online launcher/client) it works just fine, but Zero Hour keeps giving me this error, Zero Hour Installation Not Found. How do I fix this?

Here is my error log:

----- C&C:Online Launcher Start -----
Game: Generals
Generals Install Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour\Command and Conquer Generals\
Started game with: "generals.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour\Generals.exe"  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour\Generals.exe""
Caught CREATE_PROCESS_DEBUG_EVENT from Generals. Detaching...
ERROR: game.dat process not found.
Game: Zero Hour
ERROR: Zero Hour installation not found.
Generals Install Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour\Command and Conquer Generals\
Started game with: "generals.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour\Generals.exe"  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour\Generals.exe""

#2 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 01 July 2014 - 12:38 AM

Looks like the registry keys aren't set properly... not sure what I can do about that. Where exactly is your Zero Hour installed?

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#3 StoneCold

StoneCold
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 01:26 AM

I'm getting the same type of error (Zero Hour installation not found) that acrew23 is getting although I have no idea where to find the log file as there is no log file in my C&C online folder?

Also, my Origin isn't installed to the default path of C:\Program Files (x86), isn't that what is most likely causing the issue here perhaps ? Both my Generals and Zero is installed via Origin in my "Origin Downloads" folder which I made on a different partition.

I've enabled the hooking for both games in the C&C launcher and when launching Zero Hour in Origin it does trigger the launcher and it launches the game successfully, trying to launch Zero Hour generates that error, however, if I don't enable hooking, and try starting both games via Origin, they both launch and I can still login for the Online portion, so technically, am I not using "C&C Online" then?

Edited by StoneCold, 01 July 2014 - 01:29 AM.

#4 Megumi

Megumi
  • Project Team
  • 11 posts
  • Projects:WrathEd

Posted 01 July 2014 - 01:36 AM

Looks like the registry keys aren't set properly... not sure what I can do about that. Where exactly is your Zero Hour installed?

@Phil: http://www.commandan...ate-collection/

Edited by Megumi, 01 July 2014 - 01:37 AM.

#5 acrevv23

acrevv23
  • Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:16 AM

@Phil

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour

It's in the same place as my Generals install, and that works fine. Come to think about it... both Zero Hour and Generals (regular, non expansion pack) have the same launcher/.exe which is: Generals.exe. I'm thinking this is due to origin, when I launch Zero Hours .exe OR Generals .exe it brings up a window that allows me to select either Generals or Zero Hour... Could this be causing some kind of confusion in the C&C Online launcher?

This is the launcher i'm talking about:Other4_zps74dbc383.png

Edited by acrevv23, 01 July 2014 - 02:45 AM.

#6 BPTShotshot

BPTShotshot
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 03:05 AM

I am getting the exact same issue with Zero Hour on windows 8.1

Generals Install Path: H:\Origin Games\Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour\Command and Conquer Generals\
Started game with: "generals.exe "

Edited by BPTShotshot, 01 July 2014 - 03:06 AM.

#7 StoneCold

StoneCold
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 04:38 AM

Wow, nice discovery, I'm pretty sure that will be able to assist Phil in solving the issue *hopefully* :)

EDIT: Just a quick update, I see that if you do own the Ultimate Collection on Origin it's mandatory to install the fixed launchers otherwise one will not be able to connect to people who doesn't own the Ultimate Collection.

Installed it just now, but I'm still getting the "Zero Hour installation not found" error, so Phil must see if he can fix it :(

PS: I'm also running Win 8.1 x64

Edited by StoneCold, 01 July 2014 - 05:40 AM.

#8 BPTShotshot

BPTShotshot
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:43 AM

Wow, nice discovery, I'm pretty sure that will be able to assist Phil in solving the issue *hopefully* :)

EDIT: Just a quick update, I see that if you do own the Ultimate Collection on Origin it's mandatory to install the fixed launchers otherwise one will not be able to connect to people who doesn't own the Ultimate Collection.

Installed it just now, but I'm still getting the "Zero Hour installation not found" error, so Phil must see if he can fix it :(

I Installed the fixed launchers and I still get the error.

EDIT

I just installed GenTool into my Generals (since I did a full uninstall) and it appears to be working now.

Edited by BPTShotshot, 01 July 2014 - 05:47 AM.

#9 acrevv23

acrevv23
  • Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:05 AM

EDIT

I just installed GenTool into my Generals (since I did a full uninstall) and it appears to be working now.

So you uninstalled Generals and Zero Hour? Then you JUST installed Zero Hour (can you even install Zero Hour without the original Generals?)? That would make sense if you only have Zero Hour with Origins I think....

#10 StoneCold

StoneCold
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:07 AM

EDIT

Ah ok, I see you said you did a full uninstall first, then installed Gentool ?

If so, then I'll reinstall as well, because I installed Gentool just now and it still gave me that error 

#11 Megumi

Megumi
  • Project Team
  • 11 posts
  • Projects:WrathEd

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:08 AM

I didn't guess the fixed launchers alone would do it, but Phil talked about missing registry entries, which is why I linked him to that post. But with the launchers the game can also be started directly, which is also what Phil would need (so that there is no timeout while waiting on the game.dat to launch)

#12 BPTShotshot

BPTShotshot
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:17 AM

I did a full reinstall (cleared EVERYTHING) Registry documents and hard program files info. Re-downloaded and installed (since I am origin ultimate collections) installed the fixed launchers then installed C&C Online then installed GenTool

#13 StoneCold

StoneCold
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:37 AM

#14 StoneCold

StoneCold
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:48 AM   Best Answer

I can confirm that reinstalling both games via Origin, installing the fixed launchers and then installing GenTool solved my problem. Both games launch fine via the launcher now :)

So I suggest installation of the following in this particular order:

1) Install the C&C Online launcher

2) Install both Generals & Zero Hour via Origin (or via retail disc, remember to patch both games)

3) Install the fixed launchers (applicable only if you have the Ultimate Collection via Origin)

4) Install GenTool (can be installed if you have Origin versions / retail versions)

5) Run the C&C Online launcher, click on the "Hook" menu and select Generals & ZH

6) Launch Generals/Zero Hour via Origin / desktop shortcut 

7) Enabling the hook option in step 5 should now trigger the C&C Online launcher to open

8) Pick the game you want to play

9) Play!

;)

Edited by StoneCold, 01 July 2014 - 08:48 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users