• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 GBHmichael

GBHmichael
  • Project Team
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 07:35 PM

The banned exploits in Red Alert 3 are as follows:

• There is an exploit that allows units to fire out of Japan's Sudden Transport.
  • Allies can deploy structures around an outpost before it is finished deploying.
  • Allied Peacekeepers can shoot the ground next to a wall and the splash damage will go through the wall to damage nearby structures.
  • Using the bug where dolphin splash damage can hit land structures near the water if you use force-firing.
  • The "Mini-MCV" being able to crush units which it isn't supposed to be crashing.
  • Intentional DC's or game crashing
  • Invisible infantry glitch.
  • Dropping units on buildings glitch.
  • Building structures on top of infantry.
  • Stacking air units to allow for mass point defense drones.

The repeated abuse of the above listed exploits will result in a Ladder Ban or, if they are heavily abused by someone it also can result in a serial key ban.

No one is not allowed to explain the execution of any glitch in an open discussion, to prevent the spreading of those glitches.

#2 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  • Projects:Shatabrick C&C Player Database
  •  I have blue text?
  • Division:C&C:Online
  • Job:C&C:Online Leader

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:48 PM

I moved this to a more suitable place for discussion. 

Gamereplays.org staff - Shatabrick admin.

#3 zokker13

zokker13
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 06:51 PM

We keep the ridiculous list of shit?

• Using the bug where dolphin splash damage can hit land structures near the water if you use force-firing.

I'd really like if we'd reissue the "exploits" and forbidden usages.
    Also: those were never discussed with the community.

#4 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  •  I have blue text?

Posted 05 July 2014 - 02:31 PM

I don't think we can ban "exploits" that would not have been a Terms of Service violation under the EA terms of service.     That does not mean we cannot ban them from events though (we can ban whatever we like when it comes to that).    Use of "Exploits" online (under GameSpy) is banned under the Terms of Service of our games (in the latest edition I saw), but as a matter of interpretation, that had to mean game breaking exploits, given that the interpretation has to be in favour of the player.     This is something that needs to go on the agenda for the discussion that Meth and I will be having with the Fair Play staff about how we are going to work things.

#5 GBHmichael

GBHmichael
  • Project Team
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 01:06 PM

We keep the ridiculous list of shit?

I'd really like if we'd reissue the "exploits" and forbidden usages.
    Also: those were never discussed with the community.

Well, with the ones you selected there are clear reasons behind the decision to ban them.

This bug is essentially the same as the pk splash damage to fire over walls. As far as I know, everyone is in agreement that pks should not have such an advantage. Pks and dolphins don't have attack cursers when hovering over walls and land buildings or structures respectively so these units should not be able to attack them.

This and the dropping air units on structures are essentially the same bug. If terrain is untraversable, units should not be able to enter that area after manipulating the surrounding area. With (for the sake of argument) tengus dropping on top of buildings, they cannot re-enter the area after leaving either. If you compare this to a twinblade, that cannot land on top of a structure and potentially drop off units, other units should not have that right.

I won't go into the setup for how to do this. Performing this includes manipulating units' normal pathing to stack them to affect a potentially infinite amount of units with PDDs. The AOE radius is put in place to limit this, or simply activating the PDD power would have been made to affect all units without one.

I know this is a hot topic within the RA3 community, but I think we can all agree that if we didn't have any of these rules in place the game would just be too broken to play.

#6 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  •  I have blue text?

Posted 19 July 2014 - 02:13 PM

None of those look like they are game breaking to me.    They look like they give an unintended advantage, possibly, but the game, by the looks of it, is still playable if they are used.    It is not for us to say whether you should or should not be able to do something if the game allows it.  This matter is still under debate but I can tell you that we will not be punishing people for doing things that the game allows them to do unless it is perfectly obvious to them that they are committing an offence when they do it.    Just because you don't get a cursor or such like when you do something does not make it obvious that you are committing an offence.  

It's up to us at gamereplays whether we impose a higher standard on our members (although I don't see that working) but we cannot impose those standards on the wider playing population.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users