• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Streex

Streex
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:23 AM

hi, no way to get bfme started on windows 8.1
i googled it to find some info. one guy suggested to add a option.ini notepad , which i did copying and pasting all the lines.
this just changed the game from -getting the BFME startimng screen and debugging- to -getting the bfme initial screen and stopping it there with no debug-.

firewall has been checked btw

ideas?
thanks

#2 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:03 AM

The solution you tried is the correct solution. You probably didn't apply it properly.

You need to make sure the Options.ini is an actual .ini file, not a .txt file with Options.ini as its title.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#3 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:10 AM

Hi Streex,

which patches did you aopply?

Install 1.03, 1.05 then 1.06.

You don't need any cracks or mini images after this.

Do you use the T3A Launcher? Do you run it as admin?

Also, what does the t3a logfile in %TEMP% contain?

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#4 Streex

Streex
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:33 PM

The solution you tried is the correct solution. You probably didn't apply it properly.

You need to make sure the Options.ini is an actual .ini file, not a .txt file with Options.ini as its title.

did that and a new file called options with a sort of engine wheel appeared, so i can say this is not a simplr .txt document.
yet the debug break came back

@ict: at the moment i just installed the game, didnt download anything from t3a, i guess i'm just launching the game as it is after  installing it via compact disk

#5 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 06 July 2014 - 03:25 PM

You definitely need the options.ini file. In addition, try to run the game in windows xp compatibility mode and launch as admin.

Patching up to 1.06 wouldn't hurt either.

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#6 Streex

Streex
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 08:52 PM

try to run the game in windows xp compatibility mode

could you tell me how to do it please?

#7 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 06 July 2014 - 08:54 PM

Right click the shortcut > Properties > Compatibility Mode > select Windows XP SP3, then tick the Run as Administrator box.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#8 Streex

Streex
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:46 PM

no way once again. i'll patch to 1.06 now

#9 Streex

Streex
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:40 PM

btw where should i put the patch 1.03 file?

#10 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:43 PM

1.03 Should be a standalone installer file (.exe). Doubleclick it and it will install to the correct place if you have a clean BFME installation.

1.03 --> ftp://ftp.ea.com/pub/eapacific/lotr/lotrbfme/    LotrBfMe-65539-YOUR.LANGUAGE.exe

Edited by ICT, 07 July 2014 - 04:53 PM.

#11 Streex

Streex
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:59 PM

i ve got the patch in english as you said, but it has been saved as an .rtp file, i think and i have no program to open it

#12 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:14 PM

You have to scroll down the page ;)

ftp://ftp.ea.com/pub/eapacific/lotr/lotrbfme/LotrBfMe-65539-english.exe

#13 Streex

Streex
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:47 PM

ok managed to patch to .06, still no way.
o think i followed every single advice you all gave me, do u have anyone more?

#14 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:56 PM

We know that it works with windows 8.1, so there must be something wrong somewhere :D

Just as a try: Uninstall the game, install forshires online edition http://forshire.blog.../downloads.html

maybe you have to add the options.ini again after installing..

#15 Streex

Streex
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:38 PM

didi it but "fwoff64.exe " stopped working , the program is going to be shut.
i just let that go and it went on till finished.
 now i can open the t3a launcher but it doesnt launch the game.
i did check updates

#16 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 08 July 2014 - 06:27 AM

Can you start the game from the installation directory manually ? (Click lotrbfme_.exe)

#17 Streex

Streex
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:25 AM

i can, but it stops to the screen with aragorn, gandalf eowin etc "bfme online edition"

#18 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:41 AM

I still think there is either a problem with your options.ini and/or the registry keys...

#19 Streex

Streex
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 12:39 PM

let's suppose it is on the latter. what should i check?

#20 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 08 July 2014 - 03:22 PM

can you just get the whole 'my battle for middle earth files' directory from someone who has it installed/working and replace yours with it? Then try to launch again. Unfortunately I don't have it at the moment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users