Photo

Generals zero hour | Failed to join - the game is a different version

Best Answer xezon, 29 July 2014 - 09:08 PM

In general it's a good idea to run as admin and windows xp sp3 compatibility, because this game was made when there was no vista or windows 7.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Hamster

Hamster
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 05:23 PM

Hello Revora, can you please support cracked game so it will have more people or it will only support non-cracked and bought serials only?

the guy kekyo has a cracked version (not original code for zero hour) and i have original code + original cd..

r5ktxuD.jpg

#2 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 06 July 2014 - 05:32 PM

Don't crack, try to use mini-images.

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#3 Hamster

Hamster
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 05:42 PM

Don't crack, try to use mini-images.

What don't crack? my game is not cracked and my suggestion is if in revora servers, if they can allow cracked users.

For example if somebody did not buy the original game (Doesn't have original code) and he can access revora servers and play with everyone.

Because for now you can not do it, as you can see in the picture, it gives an error.

Edited by Hamster, 06 July 2014 - 05:43 PM.

#4 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 06 July 2014 - 05:47 PM

kekyo should not use a cracked version. That changes the game version (or what the game thinks it is). and therefore you both can not connect.

Regarding your 'codes' question: The server allows all keys.

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#5 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 06 July 2014 - 08:47 PM

We are technically incapable of allowing cracked games; it's not a legal policy. 

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#6 xezon

xezon

GenTool Developer

• Project Team
  • 762 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:47 AM

We are technically incapable of allowing cracked games; it's not a legal policy. 

So how did this game version mismatch happen?

Gain access to CNC Online servers by using GenTool for Generals and Zero Hour.

http://www.gentool.net/

"GenTool provides enhanced game controls and optimizations to maximize your online gaming experience. Additionally it comes with three anti cheat solutions for Generals and Zero Hour. The program is easy to install and is fully functional with C&C Generals 1.8, C&C Generals Zero Hour 1.04, Generals Deluxe Edition, The First Decade and The Ultimate Collection."

#7 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:35 AM

Probably by using a cracked game.dat file which generates a different checksum compared to the original.

#8 xezon

xezon

GenTool Developer

• Project Team
  • 762 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:42 AM

Yes yes, but why is the cracked game.dat allowed to join revora servers. I don't remember right now if cracked game.dat was able to join gamespy servers. If it was, it is no issue.

"GenTool provides enhanced game controls and optimizations to maximize your online gaming experience. Additionally it comes with three anti cheat solutions for Generals and Zero Hour. The program is easy to install and is fully functional with C&C Generals 1.8, C&C Generals Zero Hour 1.04, Generals Deluxe Edition, The First Decade and The Ultimate Collection."

#9 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:21 PM

By 'allowing cracked games', I meant allowing cracked games to play without causing a mismatch. Cracks change the game.dat, meaning they are identified as a different 'version', meaning they cannot interact with another version. They can log in, but they cannot play other versions. We can't fix this.

#10 xezon

xezon

GenTool Developer

• Project Team
  • 762 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:53 PM

Yes, but I was wondering if these are allowed to join on original GameSpy in the first place.

#11 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:44 PM

I think so, but you also need a valid CD key for the GameSpy servers.

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#12 xezon

xezon

GenTool Developer

• Project Team
  • 762 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:03 PM

If anyone has time feel free to test with crack

http://m0002.gamecop...No-CD/Fixed EXE

For educational purposes only. Do not pirate games.

#13 Hamster

Hamster
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:40 PM

Yes, but I was wondering if these are allowed to join on original GameSpy in the first place.

Hey Yes! I remembered! in gamespy when somebody came in, i remember my mate tazzio, had a crack when i had original code (he just put original code - valid one) with some crack and played online in gamespy servers.. so i think it's a problem in revora. or maybe tazzio used a special crack.

Xezon:

About the crack, i'll tell my friend kekyo to test it.

Edited by Hamster, 07 July 2014 - 05:40 PM.

#14 Hamster

Hamster
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:03 AM

If anyone has time feel free to test with crack

http://m0002.gamecop...No-CD/Fixed EXE

For educational purposes only. Do not pirate games.

I tried.. it doesn't work.. here's a picture

OGzsW5t.png

#15 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 07:11 AM

Yeah this was completely expected. Again: cracks DO NOT WORK. Your mate tazzio might have had some sort of magic crack back in the day, but every single other crack that we've seen, heard of, or tried does not work. 

#16 xezon

xezon

GenTool Developer

• Project Team
  • 762 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:46 PM

The problem is that you mess with game.dat which is a mistake. If you crack generals.exe only, it will work fine (and serve as No-CD for Multiplayer).

#17 BaD-AddicTioN

BaD-AddicTioN
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:12 PM

I'm having the same issue when I attempt to join a game, but have done nothing to get a cracked game.  I have the First Decade disk but only play ZH, would this lead to problems? Or How do I find out if my game is racked? I have the newest versions of both GenTool and the c&c:online. Thanks. 

#18 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:44 PM

I've had the same with ZH when I didn't run it as admin. Somehow the checksum is calculated differently. So try running it as admin and see if that helps.

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#19 xezon

xezon

GenTool Developer

• Project Team
  • 762 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:08 PM   Best Answer

In general it's a good idea to run as admin and windows xp sp3 compatibility, because this game was made when there was no vista or windows 7.

#20 BaD-AddicTioN

BaD-AddicTioN
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:06 AM

Sweet, that worked. Thankyou.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users