The_Unwashed
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:57 AM

I HAVE READ THE HOW-TO THREAD

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit - SP1

Origin

Generals and Zero Hour came in a 17 game digital download

I am trying to get Zero Hour to run and am receiving the error in the topic title as soon as I click the Zero Hour button.  I have read through all the other posts becasue at first I was getting the "When starting a game through the launcher, I'm getting the following error: Missing Required file "Ssleay32.dll"."  I did what that post said to do and hooked the C & C icon to the C&COnline launcher.  I also told the icon to run as the administrator.  That let me run just the Generals game, but not the Zero Hour game.

My icon runs a pre-game menu that I can choose either Generals or Zero Hour, and I'm thinking when I hooked the icon it only recogized the Generals game, not the Zero Hour also.  Here is the target of the icon:  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour\Generals.exe"

If I unhook the C&COnline launcher it does run that pre-game menu again and lets me choose Zero Hour, but I'm not sure I'm logging into the CnCOnline network.

Here is my CNCOnline.txt file:

----- C&C:Online Launcher Start -----
Game: Zero Hour
ERROR: Zero Hour installation not found.

ERROR: Zero Hour installation not found.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

#2 xezon

xezon

GenTool Developer

• Project Team
  • 762 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 06:57 AM

I think it would be good if the launcher ships with OpenSSL so there is no such thing like missing dll file (if that was the cause).

Edited by xezon, 10 July 2014 - 06:58 AM.

Gain access to CNC Online servers by using GenTool for Generals and Zero Hour.

http://www.gentool.net/

"GenTool provides enhanced game controls and optimizations to maximize your online gaming experience. Additionally it comes with three anti cheat solutions for Generals and Zero Hour. The program is easy to install and is fully functional with C&C Generals 1.8, C&C Generals Zero Hour 1.04, Generals Deluxe Edition, The First Decade and The Ultimate Collection."

#3 StoneCold

StoneCold
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:32 AM

Read this: 

http://forums.revora...tion-not-found/

You're welcome ;)

#4 The_Unwashed

The_Unwashed
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 03:27 PM

I do have The Ultimate Collection but I can't find the fixed launchers.  I've tried everything in your post but it now says that it can't find the zero hour installation even though the c&c launcher has run as administrator checked (I can't uncheck it).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users