• 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 10 July 2014 - 04:02 PM

Er... What is it?

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

#3 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 10 July 2014 - 04:57 PM

'coming home at night.. slightly tipsy'

bars behind the window? rough night :D

Edited by ICT, 10 July 2014 - 04:58 PM.

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#4 Irenë Hawnetyne

Irenë Hawnetyne

-

• Hosted
  • 3,073 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 05:18 PM

Honestly, it's primarily an experiment with abstract, contrast and NIN-esque forms.

"Everyone's a hero when there's nowhere left to run."

Auxiliary Skarn, 2333rd Cohort

#5 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:09 PM

I like ICT's interpretation.

Good piece.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#6 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:49 PM

It definitely looks experimental to me, but a few interesting edges appear if you look long enough ;)

The top left enlightened part could have come from a piece of silk while it looks disturbing enough to extent the rest of the creepy atmosphere.

The composition looks a bit random to me, the foreground keeps us guessing about the distortion (technique-wise) also inherited by the hard light.

Well, you could probably interpret a bit more on this, but I favor the 'Mirror' ;)

edit: Why 'Aktivist'?

Edited by ICT, 10 July 2014 - 07:50 PM.

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#7 Irenë Hawnetyne

Irenë Hawnetyne

-

• Hosted
  • 3,073 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:43 PM

Rather than going for something directly based on an interpretation, I wanted to make something open to discussion. I like the idea that people can take what they want from it. The title, Aktivist, was simply an intentionally misleading one. It has no reference to the piece.

#8 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:48 PM

Oh, look at that.  That's certainly a something.  

#9 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:06 PM

One could say.. anything just needs a frame to become 'art'. Here the frame is inside. What kind of something would that be? ;)

#10 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:07 PM

I was framed for murder once.  Does that make me art?

#11 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:10 PM

Haha. You are definitely trying :D

#12 Irenë Hawnetyne

Irenë Hawnetyne

-

• Hosted
  • 3,073 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:37 PM

I think to an extent art needs a purpose. Pas, I'm not sure you're a work of art by that definition :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users